Autistic people can't learn magic

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Inundate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Autistic people can't learn magic

Post by Inundate »

This is probably an obvious one.

Autistic people are not able to be aware of themselves or multiple instances of subtle energies.
Magic is not a fantasy to babysit challenged individuals.
Just like God's grace does not apply to the irreverent until redemption, penance (whatever you follow).

I have tried teaching people who are in the autism spectrum. These are challenged individuals who cannot learn magic because they do not have the capacity for it. It was only after I noticed they had no connection to subtle energies... Perhaps it was that I wished to prove people wrong and was determined.

Just a heads up
Spiritual boobytraps were created to keep everything in order and in line.
This reverence and gratitude for sacred things as well as penance help define how spiritually evolved a person is.
People who talk about ideas are successful, people who only talk about people are not.
The major rule I learned from my grandfather is to always keep your word, no matter what the cost is.

Cerber

Re: Autistic people can't learn magic

Post by Cerber »

What about dyslexics, epileptics, and all other minors irregularities of perception and awareness?

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Just a heads up for you...

I am most likely as old as you are , yet nowhere near as jaded as you seem to be...

I have been teaching for over 23 years , and have taught those with Down syndrome
and others , who would fit the autistic spectrum...I have found the opposite than you have...

Because they were less in this mundane reality , they were more in tune with the
otherworlds , and with patience and love communication was not just possible ,
yet established , and the experience was quite enriching for all parties involved...

Do not expect me to babysit , or mollycoddle the emotionally challenged individual
you seem to be from the impression you leave from your first posts here...

Anyone who puts people on ignore , because they can't deal with challenges , or
criticism , is as well mentally challenged... [thumbup]

However , besides all that , welcome to the site... [wink]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:What about dyslexics, epileptics, and all other minors irregularities of perception and awareness?
They are minor issues that usually only influences one ability, Not the whole brain.

The problem with saying autistic is that nowadays anybody can be marked somewhere on the autistic spectrum, so a lot of people who would have no problem working with magic would be excluded if you used modern diagnostic.

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

I would have to agree with what you've said not out of experience, but by knowing many autistic people. The occult requires open mindedness that most autistic people lack. Then again autism is such a wide spectrum, and on top of that people get misdiagnosed all the time. I don't think a truly autistic person would catch on very well. Sadly not all people are created equal. I'd love to live in a world where everyone is capable of doing everything, that's just not the case. [unsure]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I have a nephew who has what you'd call severe autism, and it seems you've been quick to pass judgment and clearly don't understand it. You're seeing things superficially. I think you have some work to do on yourself before you call yourself a teacher.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

chowderpope wrote:I have a nephew who has what you'd call severe autism, and it seems you've been quick to pass judgment and clearly don't understand it. You're seeing things superficially. I think you have some work to do on yourself before you call yourself a teacher.
... [thumbup] ... [wink] ... [thumbup]

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Considering im training someone 1 on 1 irl who has autism right now (medically diagnosed, not self diagnosed which is common on the internet), and they have a stupid level of natural talent, I call bullshit.

They are making massive strides and its helped alleviate other psychological issues they have been struggling with for years.

They have a very high natural level of seeing ability, to the point its caused them to have psychotic episodes in the past.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Seems more like a provocation just to stir up some emotions rather than a thought provoking discussion.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

You're are probably not wrong. Either that or op actually believe this, which is rather baffling.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Maybe we should just starve him of any attention like any other lower plane parasitic entity?

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Just a heads up for you...

I am most likely as old as you are , yet nowhere near as jaded as you seem to be...

I have been teaching for over 23 years , and have taught those with Down syndrome
and others , who would fit the autistic spectrum...I have found the opposite than you have...

Because they were less in this mundane reality , they were more in tune with the
otherworlds , and with patience and love communication was not just possible ,
yet established , and the experience was quite enriching for all parties involved...

Do not expect me to babysit , or mollycoddle the emotionally challenged individual
you seem to be from the impression you leave from your first posts here...

Anyone who puts people on ignore , because they can't deal with challenges , or
criticism , is as well mentally challenged... [thumbup]

However , besides all that , welcome to the site... [wink]
I'm sorry, but I don't think someone with down syndrome has the mental capacity to practice the occult.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

You don't have to be sorry...but I know you are wrong , as I worked with the person
and helped them to understand things about magic and ritual...

The person ( a young male ) approached me while I was doing magical chanting for
someone at the city bus depot , in Eugene , Oregon , and with a slight stutter said :

"I know that language"

And , in return , I said :

"I am sure you do"

Everyone around was blown away , and that began a friendship...

( there was a school for the "challenged" across from the bus depot )

Soon , some of his friends from the school , were sitting in on our conversations ,
listening closely , and occasionally commenting...sometimes with extremely
intelligent observations...

So , you can be sorry...if you choose...and you are wrong... [wink]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome

https://www.lanecounty.org/cms/One.aspx ... Id=4133191

https://foursquare.com/v/eugene-transit ... 200f1527e3

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:You don't have to be sorry...but I know you are wrong , as I worked with the person
and helped them to understand things about magic and ritual...

The person ( a young male ) approached me while I was doing magical chanting for
someone at the city bus depot , in Eugene , Oregon , and with a slight stutter said :

"I know that language"

And , in return , I said :

"I am sure you do"

Everyone around was blown away , and that began a friendship...

( there was a school for the "challenged" across from the bus depot )

Soon , some of his friends from the school , were sitting in on our conversations ,
listening closely , and occasionally commenting...sometimes with extremely
intelligent observations...

So , you can be sorry...if you choose...and you are wrong... [wink]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome
Yeah.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

sirot wrote: Yeah.
Yep... [thumbup] ... [moresarcasm]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

sirot wrote:Yeah.
Yeah pepe, now bow to your sensei and walk away. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

chowderpope wrote:
sirot wrote:Yeah.
Yeah pepe, now bow to your sensei and walk away. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

I just said "yeah" because i don't feel like arguing. There's no point. No one's mind will be changed. Also I don't know why you're so triggered by a cartoon frog. You seem to be very reactionary.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I think you said "yeah" because you don't have a substantial argument otherwise, therefore you should bow to your sensei.

I don't understand why you're so triggered by the fact that I'm triggered.

Truth be told, I just know what the cartoon frog has come to represent online and find it repugnant and pathetic.

Reactionary synonyms: right-wing, conservative, etc.

This would make reactionary a more suitable term for someone who identifies themselves with the image of Pepe the frog, and not myself.

I bid you good day!

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

chowderpope wrote:I think you said "yeah" because you don't have a substantial argument otherwise, therefore you should bow to your sensei.

I don't understand why you're so triggered by the fact that I'm triggered.

Truth be told, I just know what the cartoon frog has come to represent online and find it repugnant and pathetic.

Reactionary synonyms: right-wing, conservative, etc.

This would make reactionary a more suitable term for someone who identifies themselves with the image of Pepe the frog, and not myself.

I bid you good day!
So you had to look up the definition of reactionary? I don't care what the synonyms are. I like how you have placed me on a political spectrum when you know nothing about me. I just hope you're trolling me right now. Anyway, just so you know, I harbor no ill feelings towards you or anyone else in this thread. This has gone far enough, let's just move on. [thumbup]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I always like to look up words to get a better idea of what someone means or what I'm trying to say. I think looking it up would have benefitted you there because you misused the word. I understand you meant reactive, though, and yes, I am a pretty reactive person.

I understand Pepe was used long before it was hijacked by the worst kinds of people on the internet. I even have the comic books where Pepe originated and they're great. It's a shame the character was basically ruined by idiots.

I agree, no ill will! Wish you the best, appreciate you, bless.

house6and12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by house6and12 »

i completely disagree both me and my souls twin have different disorders but same effects having no complex emotions or attachments, we seek only the most effervescent way to accomplish are set goal, we dis-guard the personal aspects of memory as to allow what was learned to be unaffected by emotion. in this way our craft is singular absolute will over reality "all the worlds a stage, but only few realize it just a play"

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

house6and12 wrote:i completely disagree both me and my souls twin have different disorders but same effects having no complex emotions or attachments, we seek only the most effervescent way to accomplish are set goal, we dis-guard the personal aspects of memory as to allow what was learned to be unaffected by emotion. in this way our craft is singular absolute will over reality "all the worlds a stage, but only few realize it just a play"
The person who started this tread was lost (still is) in his own delusions. There is no ground here to cover. I wouldn't even waste my breath on it, if I were you.

Sleepy-Bluejay
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sleepy-Bluejay »

Damn, this tread is old but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I am someone that is diagnosed with atypical autism and honestly I don't see a problem with learning magic nor does any of those with Asperger autism that I have met, have a problem with it. We just need you to explain how things work without the fancy wording.

Like: Potions and elixirs are just tea made from medical herbs + a prayer. Spells and chants are basically just prayers to a deity, whom is known for what you pray for, like wealth or protection. etc. etc.

Cold, simple, no fancy wording to make it more mystical.

Vesperium
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vesperium »

Sleepy-Bluejay wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:07 pm Damn, this tread is old but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I am someone that is diagnosed with atypical autism and honestly I don't see a problem with learning magic nor does any of those with Asperger autism that I have met, have a problem with it. We just need you to explain how things work without the fancy wording.

Like: Potions and elixirs are just tea made from medical herbs + a prayer. Spells and chants are basically just prayers to a deity, whom is known for what you pray for, like wealth or protection. etc. etc.

Cold, simple, no fancy wording to make it more mystical.
Well, I am having Aspergers syndrome too and I have learned a lot of magic across my journey in the occult.

I have been in various places ofc and I have met both good and bad people or even worse, fanatics either from a Christian point of view or a Satanic point of view as some sects and "spiritualists" in Satanism tend to be fanatics, be it in this case the JoS and many others.
The best you can do to raise stars is to evolve to be as high as them - Hermes

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛊᚢᛗ ᛈᚨcᛟ -ego sum paco - I'm in peace

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I've been called an Asperger a couple of times myself.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Reason and Unreason”