Introductions..

Announce your presence, if you will.

TomBombadil
Forum Member
Forum Member

Introductions..

Post by TomBombadil »

Hello all! This is my first post so how about a little back story.. I was interested in the occult from a young age. It started with Wicca at age 15 and moved into kaballah during my later teens. I didn't understand much, just though magic was cool.

Around 18 I called bs and moved on with my life. I graduated college and moved in to sales and marketing. During my time spent there I developed a strong ego but I also began to learn basics of persuasion which grew into an understanding of psychology, symbolism, speech patterns and non verbal communication. I began to use this to my advantage and soon I didn't even have to think about it, things came in accordance with my will.

One night at the end of my second marriage I dreamed I was in my room gazing in my mirror. I saw a shadow as my reflection and became afraid. I used my will to banish the shadow but every time I did the dream would start over. About the seventh occurrence of the dream the shadow revealed itself as me. That was 3 years ago..

I began to take a long hard look at my life as I explored self and looked to transcend ego. I left my marketing career to become a teacher, returning to the baptist religion of my childhood. I moved from there into mathematics, physics and philosophy as I attempted to understand the basis of consciousness. I began to understand the more esoteric ideas of Tao, Buddhism and Hindusim. The Hermetic principles began to become clear to me (although I did not realize at the time there was a name for them).

Eventually I found the occult again and realized that I had been informally studying occult ideas this whole time. Now I am on a new journey.

I identify most with the middle way of the Buddha but do not seek to become a full Buddha. I am not interested in the trappings and ritual of the high magicks but identify more with the peace of nature and solitude. I have yet to make any other distinctions about my affiliation with the occult, choosing to study more in depth before selecting further paths.

Questions and comments welcome! I look forward to learning more.

Cerber

Re: Introductions..

Post by Cerber »

Great, welcome. There can never be to many teachers, or so I hear..

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Hi and welcome. I remember one or two years ago I had no interest in ceremonial magic. I thought all the robes and chants etc. were corny and embarrassing. Now, I would actually call myself a ceremonial magician (albeit one in an embryonic stage) and I feel differently about it. I'm not saying you'll take a similar path, but it's always possible.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Welcome.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Return to “Introductions”