There Are Unicorns Everywhere!

For difficult to define queries.

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

There Are Unicorns Everywhere!

Post by Micr0cosM »

A while back I was reading Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson, and in it he mentions an experiment where you decide and visualise that you will find a quarter lying in the street. More than likely within a few days of this exercise you will find a quarter in the street.

So I am explaining this to my wife who isn't into magick all that much but is open to such things, and I mention that it doesn't have to be a coin that it could be any event and that is the basic premise for magick. She explains that a coin is pretty boring and if it was her experiment she would be finding unicorns everywhere instead. So we just looked at each other and decided ok lets do the experiment but with the intent "There are unicorns everywhere"

Every single day for around six months we would see a unicorn in some form; on tv, in a movie, on a teacup, as a statue in someones house, merchandise in a shop. At first it was exciting, but after a while it just became commonplace and we would just turn to each other and say "Daily unicorn." when the unicorn of the day would show up. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that it had stopped happening. We just sort of forgot about it and it stopped without us noticing it had.

I encourage you guys to replicate this particular experiment as for a time it was hilarious.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: There Are Unicorns Everywhere!

Post by chowderpope »

How did you perform the visualization exactly, and for how much time? Were you in any sort of altered state? Did you visualize it in any particular way?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

My wife doesn't recall what she visualised. I just imagined cartoon looking unicorns crowding my street. No altered state. Only for moments. Its stated in the book as a simple experiment, not a ritual.

I am pretty sure it was mostly her that did it, she seemed pretty enthusiastic about unicorns.

I was surprised at how it turned out. I expected to see one or two, not one a day for months.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

"A while back I was reading Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson,
and in it he mentions an experiment where you decide and visualise
that you will find a quarter lying in the street. More than likely within
a few days of this exercise you will find a quarter in the street."

Microcosm :

I was looking through the exercises , and I could not find which section that was in...

Could you help , by giving the section / chapter ?

I do not doubt you...just need the defining help... [thumbup]

By the way , I not only saw Robert speak at events , small and large , I actually stumped
him with a question once , and a second time , during a question - answer period , after
a talk at Pantheacon in San Francisco , way back , I was graced by his applauding me , for
something I brought up , and spoke about , in front of the audience...

I miss him...a true genius , and a heartfelt soul , whose goal it was to be the best intelligence
agent for consciousness he could be...funny enough , the town he lived in , when he died , was
Freedom , Ca. ;

Near Santa Cruz...

He would have loved the idea you used unicorns... [wink]

One of my greatest inspirations...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Robert+ ... 8&oe=utf-8

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Chapter one, The thinker and the prover. Page 28 in my copy.

The statement "Whatever the thinker thinks, the prover will prove." sent my mind reeling with its implications when I first read it, as did the subsequent success of the exercises.

He seemed like an amazing person. I haven't read many of his books, but I love his style and he really knew what was up.

It must have been amazing to experience those events, you are very lucky. :)

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I like watching recordings of him giving talks. He's like the mellow uncle I wish I had.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks !

Check out the videos I linked you to...

Here is another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWHXz2T_-Ac

Someone influenced by Robert...maybe some know him...

He became quite a chaos magician , and was a cohort of Neil Gaiman...

Grant Morrison...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_A2VcW4nCk

Which brings one following the chaos field and magical thought ,
to another cohort of Grant's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apmyg_IuWQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1Sv04YQS4

Enjoy !

( and yes , I have met some rather interesting beings...I have been blessed , yet I asked for it , and worked the magic to get there )

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Hehe, as soon as you posted the Grant Morrison link I just knew the next one was going to be Alan Moore. I grew up reading his stuff in 2000AD

I loved Alan Moore's definition of magick in this talk. Really got me thinking when I first heard it.

I am currently rereading Grant Morrison's The Invisibles, Book One. Its great stuff, I hear it was the inspiration for The Matrix.

And of course Neil Gaiman's American Gods tv show just finished, which was a trip.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

They are going to do another series of American Gods , from what I hear...

And yes , love Alan Moore...

By the way...I am releasing my copies of the original comics of Invisibles...

P.M. me...

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote: By the way...I am releasing my copies of the original comics of Invisibles...

P.M. me...
You can share your work in "arts" of "crafts" sections, I'm sure no one will mind.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”