Magic number 11

Cerber

Magic number 11

Post by Cerber »

What could number 11 stand for or symbolise? I had a very vivid, strong dream of being moved to a new place, seemed like a tall tower and I got a flat number 11, but I didn't go in, instead I went exploring hidden corridors and corners of that building until a bunch of fancy dressed old folks rounded me up and gaved me a long and boring lecture about rules of the place, what's acceptable and what's not. But I had some difficulty paying attention to that lecture. But I did like their dressing code. Very fancy indeed. Dracula him self would be jealous.
Anyway, but the door with number 11 kept popping up, I think I've past it many times. I feel it should mean something to me, but nothing comes to my mind.

Caduceus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Magic number 11

Post by Caduceus »

To me the number 11 has always been a symbol of something above my own experience. A higher self or ideal self possibly. You're not the only one that has a thing with the number 11, in fact this is common among practitioners.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Thanks.
I just can't find anything personal related to that symbol. So I'm guessing maybe it's one of those times when it have some general meaning, a pointer towards something outside of just my own mind.

Caduceus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caduceus »

Some say it's your higher self or something external trying to get your attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENR7ElKBg0

"11 is and will be waiting"

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

didnt move into room 12 im in number 11 but in numeralagy i bielieve its saints time and energy.... . ..
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Firice »

The number 11 and 1:11 has been proving to be related to very important life events and in some cases when the summation of the digits of time such as 9:20 is 11 or 13, my body and heart responds. I've also faced a black hooded figure with regal insignia around June or July.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Firice wrote:The number 11 and 1:11 has been proving to be related to very important life events and in some cases when the summation of the digits of time such as 9:20 is 11 or 13, my body and heart responds. I've also faced a black hooded figure with regal insignia around June or July.
I think symbols meaning a lot depends on the personal context. In this case past summer been of rapid growth for me, is some ways, in some areas that has been dormant for years. So I think it's probably related to that.

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Firice »

Hi Cerber. Sorry for the late reply. I forgot my pass. I've researched further and been able to find this:

the number 11 and 1 stands for aleph of the hebrew alphabet and the fool in the tarot card. This is a sign that we have to start off by closing off our accounts and debits and credits, karma, from the previous years of life. Then, it is about following the path of the fool, your heart, and take actions in the material world (malkuth) to become a cleansed, new person. Get ready to make new friendships and break off old ones. Are you practicing the bardon system by any chance ?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Firice wrote:Hi Cerber. Sorry for the late reply. I forgot my pass. I've researched further and been able to find this:

the number 11 and 1 stands for aleph of the hebrew alphabet and the fool in the tarot card. This is a sign that we have to start off by closing off our accounts and debits and credits, karma, from the previous years of life. Then, it is about following the path of the fool, your heart, and take actions in the material world (malkuth) to become a cleansed, new person. Get ready to make new friendships and break off old ones. Are you practicing the bardon system by any chance ?
Thank you for your time and effort. I now think that was a projection from the elders, there's path, a door that was/is meant for me, yet instead going forth as desired I run away chasing butterflies, and my fooling around is most unacceptable.. more or less, give or take.
So in a way, as you say, behind those doors there stand my karma and my destiny, my past and my future but.. Oh look! A butterfly! [zomg]

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Not sure where that information on Aleph and the Fool originates but its flawed.Aleph = 1.The number 11 would be written Yod-Alef that is because in normal use the highest number(Yod)nearest to any number outside of the standard Hebrew alpha-numerical system is given first.The Fool is alloted the value 0 in all Tarot systems I know.

11 was a taboo number for the Hebrews because according to the Kabbalist,it exceeded the Perfect Ten shown on the Tree of Life as the Sephiroth.The interaction between aleph and yod as seen within the framework of the mystical Kabbalah may be of some interest to you as in a complex scheme,it represents the constant battle within oneself.This battle for which the outcome must be a reconciliation or re-integration of a fragmented Self and is realised through a revelation of some kind.In a microcosmic or biospheric sense this internal 'war' originates from either a realisation that some form of self sacrifice is needed or that it has been made with a later regret,doubt or objection that thwarts the conclusion.

This conclusion or reconciliation of Self is expressed by the letter Qof that carries the value 100 which in turn represents the Ten Sephiroth each holding its own Tree.In Kabbalistic terms-which I here use to analyse your number 11,this ideology is termed the 'Orchard'. In a psychological sense this is the sum total of the Psyche Perfected or the Perfect Adam.Within that mysticism the Kabbalist warns 'You shall go into the Orchard but you shall not disturb the growing fruits'. This loosely indicates there is an ongoing process within that is subject to time yet that limitation has been projected into a timeless framework.In other words the battle of Self cannot have any outcome until the required sacrifice is made without later doubt or regret.One can then enter the Orchard to contemplate the growing fruit ie to assess the next step in life once the projected aleph has been reified through the sacrifice that must be made lest we become stagnant.

In the meantime 'Oh look,there's another butterfly'...
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

That's some hard loaf of information, violetstar, thank you, I'm gonna have to chew on it slowly..

Kronus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kronus »

i used to ALWAYS look at my mobile when the time went 11:11 for a period !

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

In Thelema, 11 is a special number which corresponds to the magical word Abrahadabra, the word of 11 letters. It symbolizes the uniting of the microcosm and the macrocosm -- the pentagram and the hexagram. According to Crowley it is the "Word of the Aeon" and it “represents the Great Work complete, and it is therefore an archetype of all lesser magical operations”. So in this paradigm it is a very important number. Might be totally irrelevant to your experience.

Kronus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kronus »

Nice to know borealis - thanks for the information!

Adelina
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adelina »

In the Tradition I follow, 11 is the Number for Impious Strength.

Impious or not, but if you look at Tarot Card 11, it is Strength.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

borealis wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:04 am In Thelema, 11 is a special number which corresponds to the magical word Abrahadabra, the word of 11 letters. It symbolizes the uniting of the microcosm and the macrocosm -- the pentagram and the hexagram. According to Crowley it is the "Word of the Aeon" and it “represents the Great Work complete, and it is therefore an archetype of all lesser magical operations”. So in this paradigm it is a very important number. Might be totally irrelevant to your experience.
It actually was relevant, but perhaps in my case the meaning was not "great work complete", but more "great work ahead". I was encouraged, or expected to dive in to certain new "educational experiences", which was very demanding, back breaking..
Looking back, some part of me would like to say "I should have never opened those doors marked No 11.", but we can't say that, while there were things lost, bones broken, there were things gained and bones will heal.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

11 is also 2, and also 1 repeated twice.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

0 : Eternity/Nothing
1 : God
2 : Masculine/Feminine
3 : Supernal Triad
4 : Qabalistic Worlds
5: Pentagram
6: Hexagram
7: Venus/Beauty
8: The Messenger
9: The Moon
10 : Reflection Of One Above/Below
11 : Angels/Intermediaries/Watchers

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Pythagoras told us that the numbers are alive.

Having been employed to build computer models of a state economy, I not only could tell when numbers were offended by equations but also when the state economy was offended by the model.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Whether it is a "number", label, or variable be sure to pay attention to what is being represented and not the 'number' itself.

Sometimes clues are given in the 'label' itself though, such as '0' for eternity, or '10' as a reflection of '1' - "as above so below" which is synonymous with the 1st and 10th emanations.

There are only 'nine' numbers with everything else being a repetition of those.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

The number 11, being alive, might well answer a question if asked politely

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I suppose it depends on the question, and the "answer" might well present itself in a manner which could be easily overlooked.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

That was 3 years ago, so now in hindsight I can look back and try to draw some parallels with things that did happened, even if only in hypothetical sense. Shortly (relatively) after I was pushed through those doors marked with number 11, I had very dramatic few years, especially in the area of my spiritual practices and believes. While before I think I was more like "know-it-all arm-chair wizard", after few years of relentless beating and grinding now I feel more like "I've completely no idea what am I doing" kind of guy most days, and all feels like slow crawl through flooded sewers in sandals, and most of the time I can't say with any certainty if the smell because I pooped my self again, or it's just the environment, but the duct tape seems to be holding, for the moment at least.
So now I can hypothesize that those doors marked with number 11 marked a beginning of period in wider sense of time and space, of intense education or "re-education". Perhaps.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

The thing with exploring tons and tons of stuff with vigor and energy, is that you learn a lot.
The thing with learning a lot is that it creates the feeling that you know a lot.
The thing with feeling like you know a lot is that it tends to constrain your ability to learn new things.
The thing with not learning a lot of new things is that it reinforces the idea that you already know most of the things.

It's sort of the death spiral of learning. Forgetting the power of the statement "I don't know" as a force for growing in knowledge.
And it's why I tend to regard the guru mindset as something to avoid, in myself, as well as in those I might exchange ideas with.

If you want to continue to grow. Love the experience of learning new things more than the experience of knowing things. And allow the knowing of things to be the byproduct, not the goal itself. And always remember that no matter how much you know, in an infinite universe, it's an infinitesimally small proportion of all there is to know.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> it reinforces the idea that you already know most of the things.

The human is provided with an intelligence that is sometimes called "the dweller on the threshold" but I think it is more accurately called "the personal will" and we often see people in which it is over-active.

The PW forces the human to get its act together. It does this to protect the PW, but this has the beneficial side effect of the human being forced to learn to control physical and emotional desires.

Now the primary asset of the PW (since it is a mental intelligence) is self-esteem. We often see people that cannot admit they were wrong, as that would damage their self-esteem.

The PW is quite ruthless, for example not admitting that it does not understand proper human diet even when the physical body is too toxic to operate properly. Similarly, not admitting emotional incompetence.

Eventually, if the human perserveres with effective meditation, the greater Light will dominate, but only after much struggle and endless misdirection by the PW. Fake spiritual experience is one of the last defences.

Return to “Dreams and The Unconscious”