Peace, Evolution, Social Justice

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Peace, Evolution, Social Justice

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

We all have reasons for working with magick, and I will admit that most of my work over the years as been selfish. Promotions, wealth, health, etc.

However, if we all have the power to change things, bend reality to our will as it were, then why not come together for a greater good?

Why not tackle the big problems such as World Peace, the spiritual evolution of man, social equality?

Who would be interested in working on a large collaborative project to such an end state? I am looking for not just volunteers but also designers of such a ritual.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Peace, Evolution, Social Justice

Post by Rin »

I think the best thing you can do to help the world is cultivate your own spiritual awareness to the greatest degree possible, and let everything else flow from that. Fix yourself before you start trying to fix the world.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

Why would I want world peace? War is what brings about positive change. The majority of our developments come from war times.
Besides, sometimes I think that humans crave war.

Why would I want social equality? That puts me at the same level as everyone else. Where's the fun in life if not for competition?
I'm not racist, but I think it's important to have at least a bit of a lower class as well as a higher class. It creates more diversity, rather than just grey, grey, grey. A fair social ladder would be reasonable though.
A move away from so much consumerism would be nice. I don't think humans will ever be able to live together in peace as long as we're bound to this planet. People like to hoard. If you want peace, you have to expand.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the spiritual evolution of man". I don't believe in god, and that sounds an awful lot like some sort of ideology.
I would, however, support evolution in the most natural sense: increase intelligence and survival abilities. Make humans more complex. Less boring.
I've always wanted to mix man and machine. End up in space. That sort of thing. I've also always wanted to evade death and stay forever young.

Pick something worthwhile, and I'm in. Even if I strongly disagree with the objective. I like projects. Just for the experience.
The more impossible, the more exciting.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Witches all over the world have tried to get the current abomination in the USA removed from office. We still have some time to see if their work will be successful.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

chowderpope wrote:Witches all over the world have tried to get the current abomination in the USA removed from office. We still have some time to see if their work will be successful.
On the flip side, there are plenty of people doing workings for the man in question, and from an observers perspective, they seem to be the ones with the momentum behind them.

Another interesting example is WW2, there were plenty of occultists at work on both sides of the conflicts. There's plenty of information on Nazi mysticism, and likewise stories of assorted witches and magicians who performed workings to protect their country from invasion. Bardon was put in a concentration camp for refusing to cooperate with the Nazi's. Crowley claimed to have worked with one of the British intelligence agencies (although some question these claims).

Likewise, there are a lot of pretty incredible stories which have come out of the conflict which emerged between the Maoist forces in China during the Cultural Revolution and the monks and Daoist/Buddhist masters they sought to suppress.
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote:Witches all over the world have tried to get the current abomination in the USA removed from office. We still have some time to see if their work will be successful.
And you think he got there by an accident?
Witches you are talking about might as well stop wasting energy and work on something their level

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Cerber wrote:
And you think he got there by an accident?
Witches you are talking about might as well stop wasting energy and work on something their level
Nope, I don't think he got there by accident. Clearly, there were several reasons for him being elected. I don't really think I would attribute all the prayers of stupid old white women to his election, but their votes definitely helped.

I applaud the witches who are working against him. We need all the help we can get, on every level.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote: Nope, I don't think he got there by accident. Clearly, there were several reasons for him being elected. I don't really think I would attribute all the prayers of stupid old white women to his election, but their votes definitely helped.

I applaud the witches who are working against him. We need all the help we can get, on every level.
You are doing it wrong. You will never win anything if every day you are fighting yesterday's battles. How do you expect to defeat the enemy if It is in the Tomorrow and you are in the Yesterday? Humans.. [clown]

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

chowderpope wrote:
Nope, I don't think he got there by accident. Clearly, there were several reasons for him being elected. I don't really think I would attribute all the prayers of stupid old white women to his election, but their votes definitely helped.

If you think that "the prayers of stupid old white women" (as you so charmingly put it) were the only metaphysical drive behind Trump's election, you're sadly ignorant (and you kind of come off as an asshole).
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Rin wrote:
chowderpope wrote:

If you think that "the prayers of stupid old white women" (as you so charmingly put it) were the only metaphysical drive behind Trump's election, you're sadly ignorant (and you kind of come off as an asshole).
I think they were certainly the most prominent metaphysical drive behind his election. One does not have to search deeply into his comment sections to find the legions of old white lady prayer warriors. Forgive me, but I think they deserve the vitriol. Call me what you will.
prayers.png

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

chowderpope wrote:
I think they were certainly the most prominent metaphysical drive behind his election. One does not have to search deeply into his comment sections to find the legions of old white lady prayer warriors. Forgive me, but I think they deserve the vitriol. Call me what you will.
prayers.png
One doesn't have to search deeply, but one shouldn't expect to obtain genuine insight if one refuses to do so, should one?

One might also like to try searching somewhere other than random facebook comment threads, if one wants to do anything other than confirm one's own pre-existing biases.
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

One is confused by what one has said, but one appreciates one. One likes one, even if one happens to like Trump for some weird reason.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Ok, typing like that is too exhausting :p Bullet point time:

- Thanks, I like you too

- I don't like Trump however. I find him sleazy and somewhat repulsive as an individual and I find many of the potential flow-on ramifications of his policy decisions (particularly regarding the environment and the war on drugs) extremely worrying.

- For the record, I also didn't like Hillary. She was corrupt to an almost unprecedented level and pathologically entitled. I could go on at length with specifics as to why I found her deeply troubling as a candidate from a personal and policy perspective, but it seems beyond the point at this stage.

- I'm not American, but if I was, I would have voted for a third party. Let me say again, I'm not a Trump supporter. You should be careful throwing around unfounded assumptions.

- That said, I think the events which played out over the election were a lot more nuanced than "stupid old white rural people were tricked into voting in a power hungry reality TV star," both on a socio-political and metaphysical level.

- I think that as occult practitioners, we should be careful to pay attentions to the exact meanings of words, to the flow and confluence of events, and to be careful not to simply make assumptions based on the facts fed to us by the media and our peer groups, and as I've expressed on this forum before, I'm extremely disappointed to see this tendency so frequently in precisely the people who should know better

- Specifically regarding Trump and metaphysics, I would highly suggest looking into the role chaos magic techniques (although mostly not under that name) played in the efforts of a significant contingent of his supporters (primarily in the hideously mislabelled "alt right" movement born out of the /pol/ subculture) to achieve his election (meme magic and "The Great Meme War, Pepe/Kek and what has evolved into the online "Kekistani" subculture, etc). Trump's election was at least partially fuelled by a digital, free form, grass roots campaign of magical and fringe-psychological tactics, something unprecedented in the history of civilization, and you don't have to like or support Trump to find it a fascinating phenomenon (also a worrying one, since despite attempts to restore balance by kickstarting similar projects on the other end of the political spectrum, well... the left still can't meme)
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I agree with a lot of that. I wasn't meaning to call you a trump supporter, but I said I'd like you even if you did support him for some weird reason.

I was pushing for Bernie during the election campaigns. When he wasn't nominated, I voted for Hillary, and I stand by that decision. I do agree that she's corrupt, but I think she would've been a more suitable leader and had better policy ideas.

And yes, I'm aware of the incel red-pill magic memers. They are a rotten bunch who just want to watch the world burn because women won't talk to them. IMO their memes were not funny, just hateful and idiotic.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Hate and Fear are easy motivational triggers with a large bang for the buck, as it were. Sadly humans are animals, and appealing to baser instincts is a successful strategy. If we look at the two people running for president in the US in 2016, you see Trump appealing to fear and anger and Hillary not really appealing to anyone. She didnt cultivate the same fear or hate, she didnt successfully leverage hope like Bernie, she was running on her name and the fact that she was at least a known political entity.

As to the topic that I originally posted, and sorry it took me so long to respond, I was a bit despondent with the responses, my original intent was to elevate humanity to a higher level. Where fear and greed are not the primary motivators. At the expense of being labeled a "social justice warrior", the fact is that we all are born into a lottery, where the color of your skin and the money that you or your family have, give you more or less privileges than anyone else. If we lived in a meritocracy, these hurdles could be overcome, but we do not. Every country in the world has a caste of people that live at the bottom with no hope of elevating themselves, no matter how talented or intelligent they are. We as a species are missing out on brilliant discoveries because we stifle people based on arbitrary shit.

Anyway ranting aside, my intent was to find ways to open humanities eyes to the possibility of understanding beyond fear, beyond arbitrary segregation, beyond hate, to accomplish things together than cannot be accomplished alone.

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

You need a message then, not a force. If you could create something like a Bible, that was actually useful on a practical level, that'd do it. People already ship Bibles all over the place.
It takes evangelism to beat evangelism. You can't expect your "good" virus to beat their "bad" virus on the merit of how "good" it is. For all intents and purposes, your ideology is still a disease, so learn how to spread it.

If your objective is to accomplish a major group effort, you'd be better off not trying to change the world, and just try to make a small movement as a start. Let things happen by ripple effect.
You've got to reach out and recruit people that have the skills you need, rather than expect everyone to be a scientist. Education on a large scale comes later.

If you want to eliminate segregation, you've got to make people fight for a common cause. You need something to unify them.
My honest suggestion is to literally start a cult, but in a healthy way. Pick an ideology that looks like progress, and give people a taste of something good.
If all the sheep are programmed to chase shit, then you're never going to get a following if you don't disguise your gold as one heaping pile of it.
But the sheep will definitely be enticed by your product once they've tasted it. You'll have trapped them, and they'll never want to go back to dogma.

If you want a revolution, start a revolution. It's really that simple. It's not THAT hard to start a religion. I mean, look at all the social media we have access to. Beyond a certain point, a product sells itself anyway.
If negative cults can do it successfully, imagine how much easier it would be to sell something people actually want.

You don't need magick to start this. Magick could work afterwards, using the religion's "believers" as processing power. You can't expect things to work purely on a non-physical level. The physical is important too.

Imagine the power behind a logo right now, then imagine the kind of power you could have, if you could make an entire population focus on whatever sigil you desire, once a day, and also tell them what to associate / charge it with. You could have a website with a "sigil of the day", and it'd give you an insane amount of magickal potential, combined with coherency. It'd be pure, organized energy. Even if you assumed the non-existence of magick, you could very well placebo the entire world into a good mood, using just psychological manipulation.

Everyone is starting movements nowadays. Why not you?
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

Caduceus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caduceus »

Perhaps you should summon Kek if you are wondering why he decided to put the god emperor himself in the white house. The power of meme magick was given to us by the son of Kek, Pepe. Pepe died for your dank memes, so please be respectful. Kek has no love for the normie Bernie bros and may smite thy on sight for not recognizing his champion, the orange one, upon invokation so be warned. Wiccan spells only strenthen his meme magick and manifest as internet memes that smite the normies from cyber space entirely. Pepe is now seated at the right hand of the most dank. Hail Kek and his all powerful meme magick.

Our savior Pepe

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

[thumbup]
Attachments
Pepe-frog-Hillary-Clinton-alt-right-Trump-race-Nazis-Martin-Luther-King-Jews-Germans.jpg

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Godzilla approves :

Pepe goes great on pizza...more pepe ?

Kill Pepe , Grind Pepe Well , Sprinkle On Pizza...

Eat With Left Hand To Piss Off Pepe's Ghost...

Pepe good...on pizza... [wink] ... [thumbup]
Attachments
559694_559186784100491_412582471_n1.jpg
b93f32a6c755a42a303113667ffdbaf3--pepe-the-frog-los-angeles.jpg

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Yeah fuck those guys.

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”