Time

Angelus4eva
Forum Member
Forum Member

Time

Post by Angelus4eva »

What is the name of the demon that controls time ? Thank You very much !

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Time

Post by Stukov »

Which paradigm? You asking like Kronos/Chronos, Oroboros or what exactly?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Stukov wrote:Which paradigm? You asking like Kronos/Chronos, Oroboros or what exactly?
I wouldn't call Chronos a demon. He might get offended by that.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Might be thinking of this :

Choronzon has been called a "Demon Of Time"

Mainly due to the entropy factor... [wink]

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cien ... real19.htm

Angelus4eva
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Angelus4eva »

can they control time travel ? thank you

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Angelus4eva wrote:can they control time travel ? thank you
No. time is constant for all of us.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Cerber wrote:
Stukov wrote:Which paradigm? You asking like Kronos/Chronos, Oroboros or what exactly?
I wouldn't call Chronos a demon. He might get offended by that.
You'd be surprised, but I wasn't saying that. Simply asking what sort of paradigm they were referencing as some of the old gods are considered "demons" by some newer religious circles (such as various christian sects). The original word of demons wasn't a bad thing, it was like saying spirits with no negative/positive connotation.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Are you asking about the nature of entities and magic in regards to the flow of time? Are you asking just can someone time travel? Can otherworldly beings time travel? Can consciousness time travel? Can ideas and knowledge time travel? What exactly is the question?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Stukov wrote: You'd be surprised, but I wasn't saying that. Simply asking what sort of paradigm they were referencing as some of the old gods are considered "demons" by some newer religious circles (such as various christian sects). The original word of demons wasn't a bad thing, it was like saying spirits with no negative/positive connotation.
Even though my comment was just half serious, it still stands, I feel.
Stukov wrote:
Are you asking about the nature of entities and magic in regards to the flow of time? Are you asking just can someone time travel? Can otherworldly beings time travel? Can consciousness time travel? Can ideas and knowledge time travel? What exactly is the question?
He's just interested gaining more time for him self on this rock. Grasping for a straw, I feel. Trying to cut corners. To find a way to cheat lady Death even for a day. I ain’t judging, but fear of death is alien thing to me.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I think the concept of death and the reality of seeing death at your door are two things that inspire extremely different feelings. I dunno if you're just flexing at the expense of an actual dying person or what but I bet you would get scared in an emergency.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote:I think the concept of death and the reality of seeing death at your door are two things that inspire extremely different feelings. I dunno if you're just flexing at the expense of an actual dying person or what but I bet you would get scared in an emergency.
Of course, I'm still mostly flesh. In an emergency instinct of the flesh does kick in. Self preservation is The "Prime Directive".
But actually, now if I think of it, I don't remember it ever doing that. I remember having "near death emergency" once or twice, but I clearly remember worrying about other things at that moment and not my "impeding, almost certain end". But there were other more important things to worry about, so that shouldn't be counted as a rule. I'm sure in the right settings I'd be scared at least a bit.
You never managed to get my motives or objectives quite right, you and almost everybody else, that makes you average. I hope you are not planning on staying that way. Would be a waste of a precious time. Imagine what that guy would give for a time you are wasting on being average.. You know, technically and theoretically it is possible to share "your time". Got any to spare for a GOOD cause?

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

chowderpope wrote:I think the concept of death and the reality of seeing death at your door are two things that inspire extremely different feelings. I dunno if you're just flexing at the expense of an actual dying person or what but I bet you would get scared in an emergency.
I agree with this, absolutely and positively one hundred percent. I would just simply say that they are two entirely different things altogether.

As far as time. It is not a constant for everyone. Not technically. I would classify time in two categories. Perceived time, and physical four dimensional spacetime. They are both relative. The former is relative to your faculties of perception, or whether you are awake or sleeping. The latter can be affected by velocity, and gravity.

It's also worth noting here that perceived time is relative to the Microcosm(self), and Four Dimensional Spacetime is obviously relative to the Macrocosm. Just to put things in a Magickal/Mystical perspective.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Cerber wrote: You never managed to get my motives or objectives quite right, you and almost everybody else, that makes you average. I hope you are not planning on staying that way. Would be a waste of a precious time. Imagine what that guy would give for a time you are wasting on being average.. You know, technically and theoretically it is possible to share "your time". Got any to spare for a GOOD cause?
Maybe that does not indicate I am average, but it only indicates that you are exceptionally bad at expressing your true motives or objectives. [tongue]
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Cerber wrote: Even though my comment was just half serious, it still stands, I feel.

Well I have some interesting knowledge and perspective on the topic but I'm not comfortable sharing, especially in public.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Stukov wrote: Well I have some interesting knowledge and perspective on the topic but I'm not comfortable sharing, especially in public.
Even though statements like "time is constant for all of us" doesn't fit in to my understanding of reality, I find Time to be too difficult and too costly to manipulate or influence to any practical degree. It's just so fundamental and so deeply rooted in to the fabric of the universe, stretching it by a hair width to any direction feels like trying to move the entire universe. Maybe there are some tricks I'm not aware of, but as it is now I'd be looking for other ways around the problem if I'd ever had time related problem. Matter seems more willing to bend to my will.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I have to believe there are certain rules set in place by the "Architects". Humans can't just do whatever they please. Especially when it comes to tampering with the fabric of Creation. Although with some of the experiments that may be going on at CERN, one may question this. Possibly being implicated as a cause for the "Mandela Effect"(and there appear to be a few legit ones), But I believe there are better explanations.

Also time could be thought of as layers of cosmic anabolism(Big Bang to present) where the past exists "now" in an accessible form, hence being able to conjure demons, et cetera that may be thought of as "dead" at present.

Time has a lot of depth and different angles. One could spend considerable time contemplating it.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Yes, one could waste considerable time contemplating it.
I think I'm more of an engineer than a philosopher.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

If you want to cover a lot of ground you really need to stay somewhat shallow. As far as engineering, you can't contemplate(philosophize about) the Universe without it. Philosophy will undoubtedly lead you to Universal Mechanics, or at least it should.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote:Philosophy will undoubtedly lead you to Universal Mechanics, or at least it should.[/align]
That's a big thing to claim.
I build my things of mud and dirt and whatever else I can get my hands on. I can't get my hands on "Universal Mechanics". It's a love song written on the surface of the ocean to be sung by the wind.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cerber wrote:
Spida wrote:Philosophy will undoubtedly lead you to Universal Mechanics, or at least it should.quote]
That's a big thing to claim.
I build my things of mud and dirt and whatever else I can get my hands on. I can't get my hands on "Universal Mechanics". It's a love song written on the surface of the ocean to be sung by the wind.
I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I don't think I would go so far as to say it takes many incarnations, but requires a lifestyle that allows it. Most people, I would assume are too busy making ends meet, or just aren't interested. I can even get behind on things easily by getting overly involved with some of this online forum stuff. Life by design keeps people very busy.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote: I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I don't think I would go so far as to say it takes many incarnations, but requires a lifestyle that allows it. Most people, I would assume are too busy making ends meet, or just aren't interested. I can even get behind on things easily by getting overly involved with some of this online forum stuff. Life by design keeps people very busy.[/align]
Well I've managed to build and engineer legions and even entire "worlds" using just mud and dirt and a bit a sheer will. In other words: tools and means to advance some objectives, goals. What tangible produce you managed to achieve with philosophy? In any or all of your "incarnations"? It doesn't have to be big, full of grandeur, but it has to be tangible to any measure. Because I believe everything must have practical application to be relevant and produce practical results, no matter how minuscule.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Tangible? One thing comes to mind - Sexy Witches. Weird. Now I need to do a coffee run.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Cerber wrote:
Stukov wrote: Well I have some interesting knowledge and perspective on the topic but I'm not comfortable sharing, especially in public.
Even though statements like "time is constant for all of us" doesn't fit in to my understanding of reality, I find Time to be too difficult and too costly to manipulate or influence to any practical degree. It's just so fundamental and so deeply rooted in to the fabric of the universe, stretching it by a hair width to any direction feels like trying to move the entire universe. Maybe there are some tricks I'm not aware of, but as it is now I'd be looking for other ways around the problem if I'd ever had time related problem. Matter seems more willing to bend to my will.
I'm confused. I said nothing about "time is constant for all of us", that was Desecrated.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Spida wrote:I have to believe there are certain rules set in place by the "Architects". Humans can't just do whatever they please. Especially when it comes to tampering with the fabric of Creation.
Not every human is just human on the other side. Having the body of a human doesn't mean your soul/spirit/etc is solely that of a human. Some of us are more than that, and chose to incarnate as a human being for various reasons. Thus some people can have more an effect on time depending on the nature of their ability, knowledge, and identity on the other side.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Stukov wrote: I'm confused. I said nothing about "time is constant for all of us", that was Desecrated.
Yes, I wasn't pinning it on you. That was just a side note.

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”