Greetingz, brothers & sisters

Announce your presence, if you will.

Shekem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Greetingz, brothers & sisters

Post by Shekem »

Hello. My name is Shekem. I am a beginner and will undoubtedly have many questions. It feels great to have a place where i can e-congregate and build with like-minded people, especially since I don't know of any people in my local area.

I'm uncertain what a proper introduction consists of, but I will list a few things about me that may (or may not) be helpful for others who have advice for me:
- I'm an Aquarius
- I'm a beginner at meditation and would like to master it eventually (sooner rather than later)
- For some reason I have a fondness for Egyptian and Indian deities and would like to mature to
the point where I could work with them some day.
- If possible I'd like to develop my astral senses
- I'd love to acquire some direction or guidance pertinent to spiritual progression. Like what am I supposed to be doing? I feel like I'm supposed to be headed somewhere or toward something, yet I don't know what it is or how to begin. It's a weird feeling that I don't think I'm adequately verbalizing. Anyway...

Peace and Blessingz to you all :)

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Greetingz, brothers & sisters

Post by chowderpope »

Since you're into Indian deities, they have a really mature system of yoga that you could get into for spiritual development. It would complement your meditative work. You could also read the mythological classics of India like Bhagavad Gita. You could also work with mantras and yantras.

As far as Egypt, I'm not very familiar but there may be some good magical practice in there since I hear their whole religion was based on magic.

Welcome and good luck.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Greetings, welcome to the forum. :)
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Shekem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shekem »

chowderpope wrote:Since you're into Indian deities, they have a really mature system of yoga that you could get into for spiritual development. It would complement your meditative work. You could also read the mythological classics of India like Bhagavad Gita. You could also work with mantras and yantras.
Thanks :) I looked on Amazon for that Bhagavad Gita and also saw a related book called The Upanishads, which i purchased.
I bought a book a few days ago called Magical Tattwa Cards. As you'd expect it came with a deck of tattwa cards, and one of them had a Hindu deity named Ganesh on it, which I found interesting. Maybe it will all tie in together somehow.
Last edited by Shekem on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shekem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shekem »

Micr0cosM wrote:Greetings, welcome to the forum. :)
Thank you.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Right hand path , or Left hand path , Egyptian Tradition ?

Shekem
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shekem »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Right hand path , or Left hand path , Egyptian Tradition ?
Hi Shawn. I'm not actually sure what the path I'm on would be classified as, or if I'm even on a proper path at the moment. Just trying to gather information so I can know where to begin and what to do. Though I guess it's hard to go wrong beginning with trying to master meditation -- which is what I'm doing at the moment.

Return to “Introductions”