changing consciousness

landing
Forum Member
Forum Member

changing consciousness

Post by landing »

so i feel i m slowing changing my consciousness ,an old magician once told me the key to become a real magician is to change the consciousness.
but i feel i still have something holding me,wont let me pass the door.
I v been doing meditation,visulization,trance channel,lucid dreaming,
I hear a friend say he did Lsd the drugs,thats so powerful totally changed him...
so i m wondering the human brain seems really slow to progress unless using drugs?

I want to cross the door,totally change my conscious,i want to live the day like in my night lucid state or astral/trance,
have anyone here reaching the state, could u share some methods?
thanks in advance.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: changing consciousness

Post by cactusjack543 »

i got anilated by heaven one day he erased certain dna i see the left overs in everyone as i drink a cup of coffee i ask some erased dna or erased hope from there heart down their right leg fast then say only pain then above right eye prove best 300 days in the futue then behind right of head connext to concience the behind middle connext to thinking..

you ever quiver on your methods of magic loll....
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

landing wrote:so i feel i m slowing changing my consciousness ,an old magician once told me the key to become a real magician is to change the consciousness.
I hear a friend say he did Lsd the drugs,thats so powerful totally changed him...
so i m wondering the human brain seems really slow to progress unless using drugs?

I want to cross the door,totally change my conscious,i want to live the day like in my night lucid state or astral/trance,
thanks in advance.
Yes, it takes a long time to achieve this. In zen buddhism they will talk about this as "the big wall", It's usually 1 thing holding everything back, and the only way to break through it is to stop trying to break through it. And you have to actively stop trying to actively do something.
My teacher would always tell me to: Relax harder.

But yes, it takes somewhere between 5 years to break through, and even then it will be in short bursts. And most people get so shocked when it actually happens that they snap out of the mental state and have no idea how to make it happen again. And the process have to start over. But once it starts to happen, it will happen more frequently, and you'll slowly gain more control of it.

Drugs is a shortcut. But you are also giving away your own ability to control it and sustain it. It can be an interesting method to use, because it clearly shows that you have the ability to achieve a different mental state, but then again, so is dreaming.
I'm sure you've had a dream once in your life that felt so real you didn't know what to do with yourself after. And trying to replicate that is almost foolish. Th only thing you can do is go to bed every night and hope for the best.

Now, in magic we try and enhance these chances. Different forms of meditation, fasting, visualization exercises, induced trances, selfhypnosis and all of this is to train our mind so that it can at least hold the possibility of achieving such a vivid dream again. We also use physical objects like crystal, talismans and amulets to push ourself along.
But it is training. And just like training the physical body it takes time.

And some people also get stuck in the training. Some people get almost addicted to training that they don't give themselves anytime to actually do magic. Give yourself a couple of days of and just relax, sometimes that can jolt your brain into new patterns.
In scandinavian magic there is a lot of night rituals , where you just go out and sit for a night with your eyes open, not trying to think of anything in particular and not trying to achieve anything in particular.

And if nothing else works. Try again.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I realized recently that the consciousness is the true stuff of magic. I mean that the goal of high magical effort is the transformation of consciousness.

Drugs might be a good way to touch base with the frames of mind you can potentially reach, but I wouldn't rely on them as a crutch or go overboard and lose your mind.

Right now I am working on evocation of the planetary energies. Traditonally the seven planets are viewed as gatekeepers, and ascension into their spheres can have a transformational effect on the consciousness. I'm hoping that some positive growth will result from my work.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

When I was a kid I was having those fairly often occurring sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming incidents, later on I've learned to induce similar (not same, not all the way) state of mind by focusing on some background aspect of that experience. For me it was that background sound of silence. But I didn't take it any further because I did see any application for it at that time, only lately I start to think I should restart that research from where I left of.

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Hi landing, there are two question marks in your text, one is after the word "drugs", the other one- after the word "methods"... I have a feeling that deep inside your question is "Are the drugs the best method? " I may be wrong, sorry if I exaggerated!!

So, there is a book by Dr. Stanislav Grof - the psychiatric researcher / https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15917 ... 59179420X/, where he describes the usage of LSD in Holotropic Breathwork as a method of discovering different levels of consciousness. The thing is that, the book doesn't take the reader neither deeper , nor far... ;) You start with a hold breath and excited and forget about the book very soon... Actually I didn't finish it , will never be sorry. So , yes it is a method, but I agree with Desecrated that it is a shortcut. The best way is to try to practice every day /the methods have already been described/ and do not rush to get results. As Krishna says to Arjuna: "Do your duty to the best of your ability, O Arjuna, with your mind attached to the Lord. Abandon worry and attachment to results. Remain calm in both success and failure. Such selfless service brings peace and equanimity of the mind". So I assume that you are very young . May I know what is your age ?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

शक्ति wrote:May I know what is your age ?
May we know yours? I'll be the brave one, I'm 32. There, now everybody has present their birth certificates [grin]

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

cactusjack543 wrote:i got anilated by heaven one day he erased certain dna i see the left overs in everyone as i drink a cup of coffee i ask some erased dna or erased hope from there heart down their right leg fast then say only pain then above right eye prove best 300 days in the futue then behind right of head connext to concience the behind middle connext to thinking..

you ever quiver on your methods of magic loll....
missed one behind right of head was ONLY RESPECT then concience and thinking oww the quitness of uttering a word.... :) nota..
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

cactusjack543 wrote: missed one behind right of head was ONLY RESPECT then concience and thinking oww the quitness of uttering a word.... :) nota..
Thank you for clarifying because I was a bit confused. [confused2]
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Caduceus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caduceus »

Some simple (perhaps obvious) things to add that are simple but may be over looked,

Try to think back to your own actions in the past. Do some of these actions demonstrate a difference in your opinions or perception? By doing this I have found that I tend to not see the full extend that I have changed, but my past actions inform me to the true extent to my shifts in perception, opinion and consciousness.

Meditation and ritual are great for digging into your own mind, but thinking about your own perception throughout your daily business will often spur realizations (at least for me). Thinking about noticeable experiences during your practice or dreams throughout the day is particularly helpful.

Writing down notable experiences (especially dreams) is helpful in analyzing your self. Analyzing your self is how you realize you are not who you thought you were. Realizing you are not who you thought you were will change your perception of the how you interact with the world and bring you closer to the person you want to be.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OrderoftheSerpent »

landing wrote:so i feel i m slowing changing my consciousness ,an old magician once told me the key to become a real magician is to change the consciousness.

thanks in advance.
I personally do not recommend using drugs for occult purposes, or really even for anything but medical purposes. That depends on your path though, it's not some moral absolute. Consciousness changing is a key aspect of Greater Magic, and that gatekeeper is a very common archetype. Hell, in ancient egypt there were many gate keepers leading into the other world. You may be interested in do a ritual of separation, which seems to be the key to the gate and its keeper. You may also be interested in reading "Through the Gates of the Silver Key" by H.P. Lovecraft, which can be found free online.
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

landing
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by landing »

Thanks everyone,
there is also an interesting thing, a few masters/gurus their consciousness were already in the other dimention/transcendant even when they were young or even a boy.......
the biological age doesnt affect them.

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Freedom is distinguished via Theurgy and Thaumaturgy.. both are connected to the miracle(mind) principle..

Mindfullness should include more then the acceptance of latent consciousness.. but should as observation take an active role in the changing consciousness of the head magi!

The key is to go back and forth from your peers who alter energy.. and you who alter energy!

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

gnothi se auton
and to know thyself, you must first amputate all sense of fear, and judgement.
accept and embrace all that you find within.
only then will you penetrate deeply within, and be able to approach the whole.
There will be dichotomies, allow them.
the paradox is that you cannot accept the traits of self which block your path. namely fear and judgement. So you must change at least somewhat. decide that in every way it is a better thing to be whole than to be anything else.

also, be aware that the "internal dialog", be it verbal or visual, is really like a puppet show where your mind highlights a handful of salient thoughts, while the majority go by in the dark, in the crowd meant to watch the puppet show. Raw thought is near instantaneous, and without form but for concept/intent. and it occurs in parallel on a huge scale in the mind, mostly pre-consciously or subconsciously. Look away from the lit stage, listen to the broader murmur in the dark away from the stage. that's where your mind really is.

Dual wield your detached "silent observer", and your insatiably curious cat. Make music made of chords of states of consciousness in concert. You do not have to be singular, or finite.

also be aware that the mind is greater than the sum of it's parts. a human brain as a bio-electric computer is fine, but it can be an anchor for a much larger model of consciousness, one which violates causality, finite identity, and does not fit neatly into what we know of physics and biology. Don't be afraid to know a self larger than you imagined you could possibly be.

It also never hurts to regard no obstacle as ever truly being a challenge. Some obstacles can be a challenge, but never put your foe on a pedestal like that. Don't admire your obstacle, become greater than your obstacle. Even if you fail for a time, be inevitable, and know that you are.

The untrained mind is utterly fragmented, and largely self defeating. Mostly, if there is something you wish to be, which is not, it is because some part of you outside your conscious awareness holds you back.
If you want to bring a unified focused potent Will to bear without, you've a lot of exploration to do within.
The within is not finite. And the without mirrors the within.
There are numerous siddhis, but by far the most potent (if potency is deemed desirable) is a whole unified (highest) self, wielding absolute Will.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”