Identifying a spirit?

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Identifying a spirit?

Post by RowanIsATree »

I could use a hand with something, I'm sort of stumped on this. I apologise if this isn't quite in the category of this board, but I'm not entirely sure where to put it ^-^'
~
For a few weeks now I've been in contact with a spirit I will call F, as it's never a good idea to give the full name of spirits when you aren't certain who will see it. She's been wonderfully patient with me and my clunky pendulum method, but we recently ran into something of a wall. She's informed me she is something called a apduallbo, but I have scoured the internet and gotten nothing. If anyone could suggest even the general category, that would be incredibly helpful!
A few more details that may be helpful:
- She has informed me she is about 6'5 feet tall, humanoid and feminine in form
- She is a celtic spirit, and serves a Scots celtic goddess of forests and magick. The goddess has other aspects, but considering that my method is essentially pendulum guess who.
- She tells me she is roughly 5490 years old.

If I learn anything more I'll add it to this! Thanks for the help ^-^
~ Ellora

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Identifying a spirit?

Post by Caerdon »

I'm guessing she tried to answer what she is to you in Gaelic, which makes translation into English a might bit tricky... will need some more information about this spirit. For instance, is she a woodland spirit, is she a part of the tuatha de danann, is she an Aos Si...
Basically, describe her, as well as any sensations that you can attribute to her presence. Helps alot in identification.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I personally don't trust spirits that use imperial measuring system..

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RowanIsATree »

Caerdon wrote:I'm guessing she tried to answer what she is to you in Gaelic, which makes translation into English a might bit tricky... will need some more information about this spirit. For instance, is she a woodland spirit, is she a part of the tuatha de danann, is she an Aos Si...
Basically, describe her, as well as any sensations that you can attribute to her presence. Helps alot in identification.
i've been working with someone a bit closer to my particular faith for a little while now, and I've uncovered a few more things about F! She is a fey, specifically unseelie, and the name I had previously believed to be her species name actually means roughly "apologies" which she said as she doesn't know the exact name. She also serves a scots goddess who is linked to forests, magic, crossroads and choices. One of the goddesses names is apparently either "the dark lady" or "the dark goddess" or something along those lines ^-^ She is a young adult, not considered young but not middleaged either, and seems more forgiving than other fey might be as she allowed me to clarify what I mean when I either apologise or thank her. Her name also reads fey if you drop two letters, so she seems to have a sense of humour ^7^

~
~ Ellora

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

That all sounds very familiar and spot on in terms of the unseelie. And the goddess sounds like she could be an older form of the Cailleach, or possibly Nicnevin? Some research would help here. I can also ask some workers I know next time I'm in Ireland. My in-laws are all Irish but I don't fuck with the fey, they try to mess with my magic whenever I go there [confused]
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RowanIsATree »

the_spiral wrote:That all sounds very familiar and spot on in terms of the unseelie. And the goddess sounds like she could be an older form of the Cailleach, or possibly Nicnevin? Some research would help here. I can also ask some workers I know next time I'm in Ireland. My in-laws are all Irish but I don't fuck with the fey, they try to mess with my magic whenever I go there [confused]
Thank you! I have asked further questions, and discovered that the goddess she serves is Scathatch (I think that's how you spell it?) so it's good to have one question fully answered! She's also told me her species of fey is linked to forests, crossroads and blood. I'll ask some more questions on this subject, but it may take some time to get useful information as I am basically playing guess who with every species of unseelie fay out there ^-^' She also says I can call her a friend, so definitely not overly formal - though then again, neither am I ^-^

~
~ Ellora

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RowanIsATree »

And done! I've discovered just about everything I need to know about Feday, her species etc ^-^ I even managed to see her well enough in the astral to draw her! Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out who exactly my friend is, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
~ Ellora

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I have to say , after working with the Faery for many years , and teaching the real Mgieck ,
I find it hard to believe a Faery , especially of the Unseelie Court ( similar to Qlippoth ) ,
would accept a "thank you"...

That is seen as an insult , and dealt with rather harshly...

Let alone , can you show me any reference in Scottish lore , to Scathatch being of the
Faery , at all ? Or are you getting this from a mixture of a game , combined with
some AHS invention , combined with wishful thinking with pendulum working ?

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:That is seen as an insult , and dealt with rather harshly...
And Fae can be particularly harsh.

Forming a relationship with a fae can be an interesting, sometimes rewarding, but equally sometimes troublesome experience. Make sure to mind your manners. They like to play 'jokes'. But a joke to a fae can easily result in some horrendous outcomes.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hound wrote:
Shawn Blackwolf wrote:That is seen as an insult , and dealt with rather harshly...
And Fae can be particularly harsh.

Forming a relationship with a fae can be an interesting, sometimes rewarding, but equally sometimes troublesome experience. Make sure to mind your manners. They like to play 'jokes'. But a joke to a fae can easily result in some horrendous outcomes.
Oh , they taught me long ago , and I learned *very* quickly... [rolleyes] [lol] [shock2]

Luckily , they *chose* me , and pulled me into the Realm , and gave me a "Gift"...

Fairy / Rune Code Is A "Dark Gift"...Blessing and Curse... [wink]

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RowanIsATree »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:I have to say , after working with the Faery for many years , and teaching the real Mgieck ,
I find it hard to believe a Faery , especially of the Unseelie Court ( similar to Qlippoth ) ,
would accept a "thank you"...

That is seen as an insult , and dealt with rather harshly...

Let alone , can you show me any reference in Scottish lore , to Scathatch being of the
Faery , at all ? Or are you getting this from a mixture of a game , combined with
some AHS invention , combined with wishful thinking with pendulum working ?
I don't much like your tone friend, though I appreciate the concern! Rest assured I know full well the fey can be harsh, and have no intention of loosening my house rules. Feday and I have recently moved past only using pendulum communication, and I don't particularly appreciate you referring to our time-consuming communication, made necessary by my own lack of growth, as a game. If I had a more reliable way, I would have used it - as is I checked and double checked everything I asked her. Scathatch, much like a majority of the celtic pantheon, has had her mythos reworked countless times, but all the same I appreciate the concern! It's lovely to have people looking out for me ^-^ Once more, do not fret about my being deceived. I fully intend to ask Feday more about it, and if the necessity arises I might seek communication with Scathatch as well to confirm. I don't feel the need at current though - that element hasn't come up in conversation again.
I'm still new at all of this, despite working with Feday and doing subsequent research for a good few months, maybe half a year now! I know there's still huge amounts of information I still don't know. But I do place some trust in my newfound friend. I make an effort not to apologise or thank her too much, and though I'm doubtlessly strange to her too I feel she tolerates me. I try my hardest to be polite - even if she wasn't fey I would try my hardest, I'm generally terrified of being needlessly offensive - and I'm aware of the risks. My wards won't be coming down anytime soon. I fully intend to enforce my house rules if necessary. I have plans to make myself a protective charm, one from iron another from crystal.

But once more, thank you for the concern and advice! I truly appreciate it, though I have already heard much of it from other practitioners. They were a little less condescending than you, which was appreciated but not necessary. I'm sensitive after all, but not that much so! :) And thank you for giving me more to ask Feday about! For example, I've never heard of a Qlippoth! I'll have to do some more research ^-^ Getting pulled anywhere sounds troubling though, as I prefer to have control over my situation at any given time. Could you perhaps elaborate? It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten mixed up by phrasing
~ Ellora

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

First , not condescending at all...just a realist :

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer_( ... 3%A1thach)

( as many have blended game mythology into magical practices , and have lost sight of
what is our *reality* , and role playing in our modern tech and fantasy blended realms )

So it was more than a fair question... [thumbup]

Two...AHS :

http://americanhorrorstory.wikia.com/wiki/Sc%C3%A1thach

A program many in the Pagan / Magical / Mystical community watch ;

Thus , another part of my fair question... [thumbup]

( I don't know you at all , nor you me , so I had no idea what to think...many come to this site with card / computer game / tv - movie mindsets )

I acknowledge why you used the pendulum , yet as we know , if the mind is not *crystal clear* ,
without *any* perturbations in consciousness , it is not the most reliable method for scrying... [wink]

Here is a link to Qlippoth , with some gematria formulas from the Faery Code / Language I work with ( 23 years now / 63 years old ) ;

If you want to see more to understand the Faery Code , I can give you a link ;

And for purposes of understanding , there are different spellings of Faery , dependent on realm...

Most are not aware , Faerie , is the spelling for the Underworld Faery... [thumbup]

*************************************************************************************************************************

Faerie And The Shells Of Daath : Qlippoth

Some Call The Sephira Of The Reverse Side

The Nine Levels Of Hell

Sephira = 355

Dimensions = 356

Runes = 356

Daath = 474

Is = 310

Door = 434

= 1218

To = 61

Night's = 75

Otherside = 434

= 570

( 570 = Gate )

1218 + 570 = 1788

Daath = 474

Current = 475

Cauldron Disc = 474 ( 381 + 93 )

Concentric = 436

Waveforms = 665

+

Cauldron = 381

+

Unification = 13

= 1494

( Note Cauldron / Shamanic Death / Unification )

Nox = 520

Dark = 225

Night = 75

Of = 150

Soul = 37

+

Unification = 13

= 521

Misterrreais = 522

Faerie = 368

+

Shells = 626

= 994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qliphoth

We Do Not Perceive It Through The Modern Hebraic Lens

We Embrace The Otherside

As We Embrace This One

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da%27at

And As I Mentioned In Another Thread :

Quantum Tunneling

Daath = 474

Cojoined = 210

Information = 552

Faster = 390

Than = 41

Light = 201

Subconscious = 430

Transmission = 338

= 2636

I Am = 21

Tree Of Life = 793

This = 12

Side = 190

And = 44

Otherside = 434

= 1494

Journey = 95

To = 61

Realm = 288

Of = 150

Dead = 440

+

Otherside = 434

Power = 28

= 1496

There are images missing from this last part of my post , that are in my group from the site I copied it from...
as I said , if you are interested , I can link you by PM... [thumbup]

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

As per your request :

An elaboration of my experience , though it goes *much* deeper... [thumbup]

As posted by Shawn Blackwolf

December 1, 2016

Some may wonder how I can speak of the Faery , and my Tradition ,

with such authority , even challenging many preconceived ideas ,

or long held beliefs...( and I shall be doing so , in some different threads )

I offer my story :

( reposted from Black Moon / Rosey's Realm , under : Cost Of Living In The Faery Realm )

There is truth in the above words...

From personal experience , as I have never been the same , since my encounter

with the human representation of Pwll , and his wife , ( real life encounter ) ,

and my turning him down when he offered me his wife , the night they

showed up at my house in the pygmy forest on the California coast...

He constructed magickal tools which looked similar to those seen

attributed to the Tuatha De Dannan...

I had traded him for one of his small hammered silver blades in a rosewood and brass sheath...

With "stone in the sword" , not the sword in the stone , so to say...

He told me , after I turned him down , when he offered me his wife Tamar ,

( see Hebraic mythology )

I would receive a gift...he would not tell me when , or what it was ,

but I would know it when it arrived...lol !

( see references to Pwll , and Sir Gawain )

Well , within three weeks , I started a 19 day "kundalini" , or "fire in the head" experience...

I was given what we call the code , the law , or by many other names...

Native Americans have said I was "grabbed by the spirits"...

Then they laughed , and asked me how I liked it...:)

After 19 days of only about 20 hours sleep , a lot of

water , and very little food , seeing through my eyelids with my eyes closed at night ,

and a continual information stream , I walked down the road , miles from the coast...

Saw three ravens , which I have always had a symbiotic relationship with , and still do ,

every day , Cawed to them , they returned the call...

( see references to Anu , Babd , and Macha , as three ravens )

Suddenly two veered off , and the remaining raven rotated ,

Spread it's wings full open in front of the sun , and raven turned white , and the sun turned black...

( see references to "black sun" in many cultures , including Bon Po...)

And I came to , on my knees , in the middle of the country road ,

with tears on the ground , and streaming down my face , and

with missing time of a few hours , judging by the sun on the horizon...

As my Native Elder said...

"Does not matter if it happened here , or on the otherside...it happened"

"NOW...go put your back against a tree"...lol !

Yeah...23 years , and they still are constantly informing me...

As the Chinese have said :

A gift is a blessing and a curse...

And the Native Americans have said :

Unfolding the medicine bundle never stops...

It is like a rotating hypercube of information constantly turning you inside out , up and down and between the worlds...

I am often told I look a bit like Gandalf...lol..
Last edited by Shawn Blackwolf on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

RowanIsATree wrote:as is I checked and double checked everything I asked her.
Exactly what vetting process have you used to verify the information given to you?

~:Shin:~

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RowanIsATree »

Thank you! I understood very little of that, but I'll reread and do the necessary research when I have the time! I apologise for the defensiveness, I've encountered all too many who believe themselves to be the ultimate authority on a subject and poke holes in everything anyone else recounts. And the generalisation of fey is a big issue as well! They're a whole other species, and they're individuals with individual personalities. Culture plays a huge part, but personality and experiences are huge too! The fandom fretting was more justified than I originaly believed as well, though it still came of as just a smidge condescending. I've been practising for two years at this point, I'm well aware of how modern media mangles the old legends and myths. Honestly I'd never heard of Scathatch before Feday mentioned her, so I certainly wasn't projecting there I don't think. I originaly thought she might have connections to the Morrigan actually, as I interact with Her a fair amount and She is the only goddess I have ties with. Feday put that belief to rest fairly quickly ^-^'
And most of what I've done to understand what she says is research and putting extra effort into my wards and asking questions with false or different answers held in my mind, so if she was just echoing what she thought she wanted me to hear then I'd notice. I also asked the same questions multiple times to make sure I wasn't making a mistake.
I don't believe Feday to be lying about her identity, as over the course of months as I investigated her information remained consistant. I believe us to be friends, and she has said she has no objection to being called this. I don't really have an interest in working magick with her unless something changes, so for now that's plenty ^-^ I only originaly reached out to find a friend anyways!
~ Ellora

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ellora , if you only knew what I was put through when I came to this site...

Or any Pagan / Magical ? witch posting boards I have *ever* been to...

And I have seen others put through it , time and time again...

Rites of Passage , meaning confront , ask , demand , challenge , doubt , aggghhh !

...LOL... ( believe me you are getting especially kind treatment )

This is no "proper English tea"... [wink]

And I am American , after all... [thumbup]

Best to you , here...

You shall find I am in general , a vey nice guy , and true friend , with a huge amount
of information , but I do not hold back on questions , challenges , or in debate... [sarcasm] ... [wink]

P.S. I am currently working on a Tumblr blog , starting with images , gifs , and videos of
witches / ravens and crows , Morrigan , etc...hundred or so so far...then it will move into
wolves and other magical familiars , then witchcraft , and other magical themes...

I will let you know when it is open...;)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Ellora , if you only knew what I was put through when I came to this site...
Really? Who mistreated you so badly?
In my recollection we greeted you with a cup of tea, waffles and raspberry jam from the last season (it was a good season)..

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cerber wrote:
Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Ellora , if you only knew what I was put through when I came to this site...
Really? Who mistreated you so badly?
In my recollection we greeted you with a cup of tea, waffles and raspberry jam from the last season (it was a good season)..
If I made a list of my initial harassers...you would be the coyote at or near the top... [wink]

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

RowanIsATree wrote:And most of what I've done to understand what she says is research
Researching what? Folklore, history books, the UPG of other modern practitioners? Research is difficult to do with a lot of intel that is gathered from spirits, especially if you're new to spirit work, not because you may not be able to find confirmation in an old book but because they know all the stories too. Many spirits are old and very intelligent, and some of what we wrote down as Lore is real history to them, if they weren't actually there for it participating or watching from the sidelines. Spirits can shapeshift and lie, too, and many do.

A few years ago I had to deal with a spirit that was terrorizing a friend of mine (to the point of possession), and it told me that it was a slavic dragon. Everything it told me I found confirmation for looking up the old stories, and for a while it had me quite convinced that I was in trouble. It turned out to be an annoying little imp that was just pushing my buttons because I was too worried about my friend and the situation to think clearly and see through the deception. Once I learned my lesson and my mentor was allowed to step in, she swatted it like the astral mosquito it was.

Research can be used to do a lot of things, but it's not reliable in and of itself to confirm what a spirit is telling you when the spirit is much older than you and knows far more stories than you do. Just look at all the new age "channelers," many of whom think they are channeling some ancient deity or alien leader when it's often just some mischievous little prick that just happened to be nearby, and is now getting a huge laugh at the expense of quite a few humans.

I'm not trying to simply discourage you. Just understand that when you're new at this, they can tell. Going into spirit work with naive faith that a spirit is inherently nice and friendly is just as dangerous and unwise as going to a used car lot with the faith that the salesman will be completely honest with you. It has nothing to do with offending anyone, though that can get you in a lot more trouble if you are entirely careless. Just like the salesman, the spirits are simply looking out for their own interests and profits. It's that simple.
RowanIsATree wrote:putting extra effort into my wards
Wards are like fences. They can keep a lot of stuff out if they are properly constructed, but they can't help you as much when you open the front gate and invite in things you can't see. And there are plenty of tricks to get over or under them, if the spirit isn't strong enough to just rip through it to begin with.
RowanIsATree wrote:asking questions with false or different answers held in my mind
Not only is this very difficult to actually do without fooling yourself, it is also a "tell" that can give a telepathic spirit the ability to give you the answer you want through basic analysis. If you want to use mental discipline to make the contact more effective, then relax your mind to the point of silence. Be like still water, neutral and unreadable. Give nothing, and question everything received.
RowanIsATree wrote:I don't believe Feday to be lying about her identity, as over the course of months as I investigated her information remained consistant. I believe us to be friends, and she has said she has no objection to being called this. I don't really have an interest in working magick with her unless something changes, so for now that's plenty ^-^ I only originaly reached out to find a friend anyways!
Perhaps she is a new friend. Perhaps you are just her next meal. [wink] I'm not going to judge that, as it's your business what you get up to and how you manage your relationships. I don't bother with the spirits called fae too much because they are tricky and dramatic, and I have other allies easier to get along with. All I can really say is that, with nothing but the things you described as your vetting process, I wouldn't be so sure about the relationship if I were in such a situation. Like an analyst at an intelligence agency, you have to question all Intel until it is confirmed as fact and reclassified as Data.

But, there are plenty of things to do to make things safer and more sure. Did you call on your ancestors to drive away evil spirits and connect you to forces that will be beneficial to you? Of all the spirits you will ever meet, your ancestors are the only ones who genuinely care about your safety and growth and will help you often with few or no strings attached besides basic veneration, as their continued existence is directly related to your continued existence. Did you have a familiar, guardian servitor, or some other reliable spirit present to act as an arbiter and verify things that you cannot see for yourself? There's a reason such servant spirits are common among experienced practitioners. Did you send your friend back and clean up your house to make sure she and anything else present actually left when your conjuring and communication was finished? Did you clean up before your conjuring and communication to make sure that some parasite or ghost that happens to be nearby won't slip in and pretend to be whatever you want?

There is a long list of traditional things to do to verify a spirit is present and is the one you intended to conjure, to keep yourself from being tricked or harmed. Many of them are less important when you get stronger and have The Sight, so you can just look at it and see through any illusions and deception. But when the only things you're really doing are warding and reading and thinking the wrong answers really hard, that just won't cut it. Conjuring like that without causing yourself a bunch of trouble is called Luck. Spirits are dangerous. Even the nice ones, especially a nice Fae, and most especially a nice Unseelie Fae. Dark spirits are not the mindless devils some people think they are - I make friends with so-called "demons" just as easily as I make friends with so-called "angels." But never doubt one simple thing: they always have their own agenda in mind, and if that agenda does not include your safety, then you will either end up as collateral damage or the next juicy victim.

~:Shin:~

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Great post , Shin...

Very well covered... [thumbup]

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

But never doubt one simple thing: they always have their own agenda in mind, and if that agenda does not include your safety, then you will either end up as collateral damage or the next juicy victim.
Not all the time. But it's a very real possibility with a relatively high probability. It's more about who or what, exactly, you get yourself working with. I've met some fairly indifferent beings in my journey who were still rather honorable in respect to who they worked with. Even if they were merely a rook.

Great post though, Shinichi.

I would like to make mention of the fragility of truth within mythology. Even if the myth is old, it doesn't necessarily mean it's wholly correct. Myth and lore are simply the human's way of trying to interpret what they were experiencing. And with how myth naturally evolves it's impossible to tell what really is 'real' or not regarding such things. For instance, all of the modern myth to come out of Europe is only about 600 years old. Your pop culture werewolves and so on are based on mythologies that are but a fraction of the original source, bastardized into oblivion to a point where the 'creature' is nearly unrecognizable from it's origins. And even then, the 'origin' is just a person's individual perception of what they encountered.

Not to discourage you from any and all sources. No, never. I say this as a reminder to collect as many resources as possible on any topic of interest. Literature for, against, about, and so on.

"The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote: If I made a list of my initial harassers...you would be the coyote at or near the top... [wink]
That can't be helped, level of scrutiny required before passing the gates might cause some discomfort. Those who travel light can get away with a sniff or two, while selected few are bound to experience uncomfortable level of intrusion in to their personal space due to the size of their luggage.
We have to try and keep this area free of pestilence, and you know, canines are favourite travel method for fleas and ticks. [clown]

FalkirkRaven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by FalkirkRaven »

Hello friend,

I think you've still got a ways to go before you're quite ready to deal with the fair folk alone. I also don't think you've done quite enough research on the subject at hand. As a Scot, a historian, and someone who has had a bond with a Solitary fae for an incredibly long lifetime, I've gotta let you know that many of the things your 'friend' is telling you are either truths stretched incredibly thinly, or simply straight up lies.

My first mention is that whatever name this fae gave you not only doesn't exist in Gaelic or any other language I could find, but doesn't even closely resemble "apologies" or any synonym I could think of. And I can't think of any goddesses that fit the description of the one your 'friend' mentioned. The only Celtic god who presides over crossroads is Herne the Hunter.

I would also like to point out that Scáthach is not in the Celtic pantheon, and certainly not a "dark goddess", though the name itself does mean "shadowy one". Scáthach is a mythological/legendary warrior woman who trained Celtic heroes possibly around 200 BC if she was a living person. Very few accounts name her as a goddess, and almost all are from later versions of her story that were reworked. In some she's also a sorceress instead of a trainer of heroes. But much of scholarship agrees that her goddesshood is not original.

If your 'friend' says she is unseelie, then she is acting incredibly out of character and I find her very difficult to believe. My fae companion was once Unseelie but left to become Solitary, and it took a very long time to gain a mutual relationship with him. You'd be hard pressed even in the Spring Court to find fae as kindly as you are describing your 'friend.' I would be extremely cautious of ulterior motives, especially since you've only been working at this kind of thing for a short while.

RowanIsATree
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RowanIsATree »

FalkirkRaven wrote:Hello friend,

I think you've still got a ways to go before you're quite ready to deal with the fair folk alone. I also don't think you've done quite enough research on the subject at hand. As a Scot, a historian, and someone who has had a bond with a Solitary fae for an incredibly long lifetime, I've gotta let you know that many of the things your 'friend' is telling you are either truths stretched incredibly thinly, or simply straight up lies.

My first mention is that whatever name this fae gave you not only doesn't exist in Gaelic or any other language I could find, but doesn't even closely resemble "apologies" or any synonym I could think of. And I can't think of any goddesses that fit the description of the one your 'friend' mentioned. The only Celtic god who presides over crossroads is Herne the Hunter.

I would also like to point out that Scáthach is not in the Celtic pantheon, and certainly not a "dark goddess", though the name itself does mean "shadowy one". Scáthach is a mythological/legendary warrior woman who trained Celtic heroes possibly around 200 BC if she was a living person. Very few accounts name her as a goddess, and almost all are from later versions of her story that were reworked. In some she's also a sorceress instead of a trainer of heroes. But much of scholarship agrees that her goddesshood is not original.

If your 'friend' says she is unseelie, then she is acting incredibly out of character and I find her very difficult to believe. My fae companion was once Unseelie but left to become Solitary, and it took a very long time to gain a mutual relationship with him. You'd be hard pressed even in the Spring Court to find fae as kindly as you are describing your 'friend.' I would be extremely cautious of ulterior motives, especially since you've only been working at this kind of thing for a short while.
Hello friend! Thank you the information, I'll investigate more. This may be a fault in my wards and house rules - I enforce that nothing I would judge malicious is permitted, but I don't see minor lies as malicious. It's a personal failing ^-^' I'll have to keep investigating from the sound of things, figuring out what's true and what's not. It's possible that Feday (I know this isn't her true name, it's downright two letters away from "fey") was telling the truth when she said she was Baobhab Sith, and thus was trying to get close to me through lies that related to me. I'm still not sure either way to be completely honest. I intend to ask the Morrigan for aid in figuring out if Feday can be trusted or not, after I can gather a proper sacrifice in exchange for the help. It's true I'm more likely to be hoodwinked than another might be given that I'm yet to reach adulthood and have only been working for a few months with spirits and the astral. But if I can, I would like to keep working with Feday. Lies or no, she does give fairly good life advice through the tarot ^-^'
That aside, I've clensed my space though I think Feday might gather somethings going on. She seems a lot more uncomfortable now, though not angry. Just prickly.There's definitely something going on here, and I appreciate all the help!
Sorry if I seem off, I'm a bit under the weather
~ Ellora

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

RowanIsATree wrote:That aside, I've clensed my space though I think Feday might gather somethings going on. She seems a lot more uncomfortable now, though not angry. Just prickly.There's definitely something going on here, and I appreciate all the help!
Sorry if I seem off, I'm a bit under the weather
It may be because of how you are naturally projecting the thoughts you have in regards to this. If you try to hide or bury that feeling of uncertainty around her, it will make her suspicious of your intent. You may be, unwittingly, appearing as if you plan to do harm. If you are feeling any doubt, try to rationalize and then squash it out. It's better to be completely open regarding one's intent with non-physical entities, even if you don't plan to necessarily get along. It can still help breed an air of civility.

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”