Ever co sidered how shamanistic parties are?

For difficult to define queries.

Khazargo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ever co sidered how shamanistic parties are?

Post by Khazargo »

Let's compare the two:
1.Repetitive, meaningless, rhythmic music
2. Use of drugs
3. Dancing untill you're exhausted in a trance

Just something that popped into my head a while ago. I wonder if one could view raves as massive rituals? But what is the purpouse of a rave? A shamanistic working can, as far as I know, have many purpouses such as healing. A purpouse of a rave though? Is it a happiness ceremony? A sex rite? Cleansing ritual that makes you forget your worries?

Of course, they are not entirely simillar. A crucial part of a shamanist practice are spirits, something not present here, unless you count the egregore of people present determined to have a good time, or maybe an egregore of the club itself, formed from weekly "worship"

What are your thoughts on this?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Ever co sidered how shamanistic parties are?

Post by Desecrated »

Khazargo wrote:Let's compare the two:
1.Repetitive, meaningless, rhythmic music
2. Use of drugs
3. Dancing untill you're exhausted in a trance

Just something that popped into my head a while ago. I wonder if one could view raves as massive rituals? But what is the purpouse of a rave? A shamanistic working can, as far as I know, have many purpouses such as healing. A purpouse of a rave though? Is it a happiness ceremony? A sex rite? Cleansing ritual that makes you forget your worries?

Of course, they are not entirely simillar. A crucial part of a shamanist practice are spirits, something not present here, unless you count the egregore of people present determined to have a good time, or maybe an egregore of the club itself, formed from weekly "worship"

What are your thoughts on this?

I would assume people have always liked to dance, fuck and get high. And with time somebody has tried to make a little bit more sense out of that behavior and thus you end up with religion.
There is archeological evidence of druguse that dates back to the time before we had written language.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

Does make a fellow nostalgic for the old days of Pagan Druidic Europe when during Beltane it became time for the ol' community orgy.

For better or worse, this only goes on in certain undeground circles these days.

As far as I can see, Google images have only the Disney version captured:

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

"For better or worse, this only goes on in certain underground circles these days."

Been There , Did That...( smiles with memories )

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”