The TRUE and HONEST definition of the LHP

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

The TRUE and HONEST definition of the LHP

Post by neofight »

The Right Hand Path is devotion to someone elses truth. The vulgar insult to the Left Hand Path takers is that they only want to do what they think is good for their own enjoyment of life. This is the vulgar definition. The true definition in a spiritual path is that the LHP is the search for tangible, new and revelatory truth to bring light onto the world, not for ones own self; but for all people.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The TRUE and HONEST definition of the LHP

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I think I'm increasingly in agreement with the people who'd say that RHP/LHP is a Victorian concept, that we're in a free enough society (for now...) that we don't have to be worried about certain kinds of moral laws encroaching on our right to practice whatever kind of magic we want, current norms may obscure or complicate our sex lives perhaps but that's another matter.

The bit of horror that can occur to people, especially those of us (myself included) who haven't had any sort of firm thing like a NDE of their own or anything to solidify the deeper workings of the universe is that it can easily feel like Richard Dawkins, Dan Dennett, etc. are on about the only thing that's even close to not-ephemoral and that everything else, including all the fairy phenomena, UFO's, angels, demons, etc. could be much less substantial - ie. a world where we really are in a sort of Heraclitian chaos, mixed with a healthy dose of Hobbs as we're wrapped in apes who have regard for truth and have their top priority in virtue signalling and half of them in breaking down the rule of law to get their group to the top and oppress everyone else. All of that is a pretty dismal picture.

I think what I've learned in my own experience is I can go leftward so far for so long until it feels like that energy is spent, and usually that seems to involve shadow work, burning down old patterns of outlook, etc. and then, building myself back up, seems like it's something at least akin - kabbalistically - to moving rightward although it's more in the order/scaffolding/history 'pillar of mercy' sense rather than actually rolling back to any sort of religious conservatism. It's like moving left is exploring opportunities and incorporating them, moving back rightward is synthesizing that new stuff into my system well enough to use it competently, then when that structure seems like it's growing too ossified for my orientation to current cultural situations or events or where I'm at in the arc of my years and life situations I have to reach back left again, a bit like the north of the BOTA cube of space or how in Solomon's kingdom gold came from the north, I have to go back again to the pillar of severity again, be a bit more chaos in my magical approach, and when I've raked in as much as I can I go back to routine for a while to process it.

I'm really starting to guess as well that there isn't an overarching right approach to this. What's right for you is to know the demands of your own nervous system, it's strengths and weaknesses as well as what's demanded for your own best functioning and I've seen a few threads where what works for different people seems to vary considerably.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amavisso »

neofight wrote:The Right Hand Path is devotion to someone elses truth. The vulgar insult to the Left Hand Path takers is that they only want to do what they think is good for their own enjoyment of life. This is the vulgar definition. The true definition in a spiritual path is that the LHP is the search for tangible, new and revelatory truth to bring light onto the world, not for ones own self; but for all people.
So what place Angels and Demons have in this picture, or Spirits in general?

You basically described conservators and innovators. I don't think those are the same categories as "RHP"/"LHP".

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

side ta siiiide rrighttt we need too earn our keep pictures wrong wtf....
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

RHP/LHP are based on religious ideologies, and a background believe in some black & white universal morality which is absurd.

in simplest terms, one is reliant on traditional paradigmatic framing, and external factors.
while the other is more self reliant, and paradigmatically explorative.

instead of LHP/RHP, you may as well ask 'which is more important? tradition? or exploration?

of course i'm somewhat disregarding the feelings of all the people who imagine themselves in some puppet play about good and evil.

Return to “Witchcraft”