skekz0k

Announce your presence, if you will.

skekz0k
Forum Member
Forum Member

skekz0k

Post by skekz0k »

Hello!

I'm totally new to OccultForum. Drifted in from reddit. I thought it would be nice to make an introduction here to help drum up some activity. It seems like this could be a great forum for discussion. There have been complaints as of late on the quality of content being submitted to the various occult subreddits and quite frankly this seems like a much better venue for critical thinking and long form discussion, so thanks for restoring it! I'm sure many redditors will wander in just as I have.

As for myself, I am currently dabbling in Thelema, Ceremonial Magick, Qaballah, and Chaos Magick. Right now I am mostly just studying, reading, and accumulating a foundational knowledge before I decide on any one path or attempt to put anything to practice. I've also begun a dream journal and meditation practice while quarantined and I am starting to see promising results.

I look forward to being able to discuss these topics and more with everyone here.

Mordre
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: skekz0k

Post by Mordre »

skekz0k wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 am Hello!

I'm totally new to OccultForum. Drifted in from reddit. I thought it would be nice to make an introduction here to help drum up some activity. It seems like this could be a great forum for discussion. There have been complaints as of late on the quality of content being submitted to the various occult subreddits and quite frankly this seems like a much better venue for critical thinking and long form discussion, so thanks for restoring it! I'm sure many redditors will wander in just as I have.

As for myself, I am currently dabbling in Thelema, Ceremonial Magick, Qaballah, and Chaos Magick. Right now I am mostly just studying, reading, and accumulating a foundational knowledge before I decide on any one path or attempt to put anything to practice. I've also begun a dream journal and meditation practice while quarantined and I am starting to see promising results.

I look forward to being able to discuss these topics and more with everyone here.

Welcome, Skekz0k. I'm also new. If I may ask a question... What's the most valuable thing you've gained to date from your arcane study and practice?

kiren
Admin
Admin

Post by kiren »

Welcome! I've been here since 2009 went inactive for a while and am now back to help out.

skekz0k
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by skekz0k »

Ecaerea wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:04 pm Welcome, Skekz0k. I'm also new. If I may ask a question... What's the most valuable thing you've gained to date from your arcane study and practice?
Hey Ecaera,

I have long been interested in the occult, but have only recently been seriously delving into studies and the literature. I'd have to say that for me personally, the most valuable thing I have gained to date is the realization that one can maintain an agnostic worldview and still be spiritual.

My world view feels admittedly pretty mercurial lately, but it seems I never learned (or have forgotten along the way) that spirituality is essential, and doesn't have to be inherently theistic.

skekz0k
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by skekz0k »

kiren wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:58 pm Welcome! I've been here since 2009 went inactive for a while and am now back to help out.
Thanks for the welcome! Glad to see that people are enthusiastic about the return. Since you are a veteran, are there any archived threads you think a newcomer should read? Or any old users who seemed to have a knack for sharing their wisdom that I should look up?

Mordre
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mordre »

skekz0k wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:29 am
Hey Ecaera,

I have long been interested in the occult, but have only recently been seriously delving into studies and the literature. I'd have to say that for me personally, the most valuable thing I have gained to date is the realization that one can maintain an agnostic worldview and still be spiritual.

My world view feels admittedly pretty mercurial lately, but it seems I never learned (or have forgotten along the way) that spirituality is essential, and doesn't have to be inherently theistic.
Thank you for answering my question.

Return to “Introductions”