What are you watching?

Games, programs, video, television, new developments in digital media..

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

What are you watching?

Post by borealis »

What shows and movies are you watching recently?

I watched John Wick 2 and Skyfall last weekend, both were pretty good. And I finally watched The Godfather a few weeks ago, and that was as excellent as people say. After I watch John Wick 3 I might like to find some more classical movies, if I'm not still on a modern action film kick. (For classical action movies, I think North by Northwest is one of the best.)

For shows (anime) I've been watching Dorohedoro, and rewatching Paranoia Agent for the first time in about 10 years, both great. And I recently rewatched C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, which has some really interesting magical undertones, including Kabbalistic and Tarot-inspired artwork throughout the show. Really powerful show that's a metaphor about people's futures being sold away on a societal scale.

What about you?

Shemuel Ben Sabbatai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Shemuel Ben Sabbatai »

For movies, I’ve watched Scott Pilgrim vs the World like, 3 times. For shows, I’ve been binging The Boondocks.

Not much else lol.
“Is it true that Mashiach [the Messiah] will come in a generation that is either wholly good or wholly evil?”
“Yes.”
“Then which direction should we take?”
“The Evil Inclination is the Mother of the King; but Holiness will be the first to greet Him when He rises from the dust.”
-Jacob Frank

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candy Ray »

I have been watching the accurate predictions in Season 5 episode 4 of 'Supernatural'. You may have heard about that already from other sources- if not, why not give it a look and see what you think?

I also watched quite a few of the other episodes- that was my excuse for watching a lot of silly TV. Great fun!
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

himantand
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by himantand »

I've been binge-watching Dark recently. Pretty decent show, I like it.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

borealis wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm .... And I recently rewatched C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, which has some really interesting magical undertones, including Kabbalistic and Tarot-inspired artwork throughout the show. Really powerful show that's a metaphor about people's futures being sold away on a societal scale.

What about you?
I just saw "C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control" couple weeks ago, for the first time, and I agree with all the praise, it was good.
Apart from that, good ones that comes to mind of recently seen - Kyousougiga, No game no life, Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko
Haven't seen any good movies or western TV shows in a while, or at least I don't recall seeing anything worth remembering.

FraterPurpura
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by FraterPurpura »

For me, it's recently been Full Metal Alchemist an Death Note. I can't beleive I've never watched them until now! Both are SO good! I knew I was gonna love FMA the moment I first saw the Tree of Life behind Ed. Death Note was pretty good, too, but the pacing after the half-point of the show kinda throws it off a bit, IMO.
"Bask in my presence."
-Hermaes Mora

ArchangelIdiotis
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ArchangelIdiotis »

I recently watched bastard son and the devil himself, a netflix show about two warring clans of witchcraft. The fairborn appear to be the heroes at the beginning because the main character is raised by fairborn. A particular blood witch, the "devil himself," is introduced as a plausible primary villain.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Don't want to spoil it for those interested in taking a peak. The protagonist is easy to relate to.

Have also been relishing the Peripheral. It isn't as fast paced as bastard son. The story is a little more maturely crafted, with more subtlety than bastard son. I didn't like this one quite as much because the pacing is a bit slow - and I kind of think it should be, owing to a more sophisticated storytelling style.

Also recently watched Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, seasons 1 and 2. A lot of fun. I liked the second season better. If I ask myself why, I suspect because of more straight forward delivery of pure fantasy.

Future Man was pretty good. Mature humor for immature adults. And the story's not bad.

about all I could recommend that I've been watching recently.
-Archangel Idiotis, leader of an ostrich cult.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Just finished watching Joe Rogan #1897 with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock. It was pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAk8MagnDsY&t=15s

Tales of the Jedi...short series by Dave Filoni.....first Star Wars bit in awhile that hasn't been trash.

Return to “TV, Video, Online and Digital Expressions”