Post by CCoburn »

Continued from other thread.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Tree Of Life

Post by CCoburn »

Omnicentrik wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:17 pm I prefer the 3D rendering of the ten sephiroth as described in the Sepher Yetzirah. The latter is usually translated as Book of Formation/Creation, but you can also render it as Manual of Shaping. The names along the 2D "Tree" of Life- and there is more than one kind of Tree, and more than one way to name the sephirot, at least as far as the variations in the literature are concerned. The Tree of the Fall that is popular isn't even the oldest version of the 2D Tree, just one I think popularized by Isaak Luria in the 16th century.

Here are some examples of "Trees": http://www.workofthechariot.com/TextFil ... ction.html Just click on the left-hand column (although the sephirot are the Zoharic names, the geometries vary depending on what one is doing.

I like the 3D version, however, because it represents a depiction of the Divine Throne and surrounding environs. You can use it as a template of esoteric cultivation. Problem is the text has undergone so much editing that the cultivation aspect is hard to validate, unless you look at a certain exercise done by A. Peter Hayman who reconstructed the earliest available text by filtering out the additions (comparing the available variants). Anyhoo, I've been working with this as a manual of alchemy, point being that a successful esoteric map can lend itself to a variety of conceptual applications, excessive verbal expressions notwithstanding. I don't think its anything to write home about, unless you can blow people away with what you did with the new conception.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

My three comments combined to one :

Although the common schematics are in two dimensions which makes sense since it's most straightforward way to relay this information given a two dimensional medium. I always visualize the process in three dimensions. Plus I have been associating micro and macrocosmic time as variants of a fourth dimension. Change without, simply put : the omnipresent God, and time within as microcosmic consciousness, i.e. time/change within as a passing of moments.

There always is, and always will be, more.

Plus other less common dimensions that fit the criteria - not sure the best way to define it at the moment, but you know, global parameters that contain measurement such as 'feeling'. So the spatial dimensions along with 'time' are measurable.

The conscious spirit aspect of the tree would be an extra dimension above the three which I suppose would be a superset that includes 'feeling', i.e. dimensions within dimensions. Although the measurement of such is a bit more abstract.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Omnicentrik wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:33 pm Right. But other than space and time, unless you go for abstract diagrams where any variable is spatialized, that can get confusing I think. I read somewhere that two dimensional depictions became popular during the advent of Christianity and Islam when statues were prohibited.

Interestingly the first three of the ten sephirot are states of energy/consciousness that have no spatial parallels aside from being at the center of the other six, with the fourth being at the center holding the rest (known as the "inner court"). The outer court are designated by their positions: top, down, east (front), west (back) etc. The central position is more ambiguous, but still called a kernel or seed.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Girlfriend just got home from work which isn't the most ideal writing scenario, but maybe a quick comment for now.

First off. You have an interesting user name. I presume it has to do with the fact that the primordial is a zero dimensional point of consciousness that concurrently represents all space?

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

It's been a while since I chose it, but I think it comes from a famous quote from The Book of the 24 Philosophers (in Latin Liber XXIV philosophorum):

“God is an infinite sphere whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere”.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Omnicentrik wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:09 pm It's been a while since I chose it, but I think it comes from a famous quote from The Book of the 24 Philosophers (in Latin Liber XXIV philosophorum):

“God is an infinite sphere whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere”.
Before we attempt to resolve such riddles. I believe a proper context is in order.

1. Existence as well as non existence occurs within a non linear time construct, i.e. an outermost cycle, or eternity, as opposed to a finite linear system such as this universe we now exist.

2. The cycling of eternity is subject to periods of non existence. No space, no time; neither any movement within the primordial. The antithesis of everything, or, absolute nothingness.

3. The acausal is the 'magic' that somehow functions within this static eternal state of nothingness. A first mover initiating a causal chain - emergence of something from nothing.

I have written about this sort of thing off and on. It doesn't exactly agree with a common perception of reality, but seems to solve a problem or two with respect to the larger picture.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

How this sort of thing comes out depends partly on my mood, but in any given event, they should all be, more or less, in agreement with one another.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Right. But other than space and time, unless you go for abstract diagrams
This is all abstract as its' only existence is within the mind of the primordial.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Interestingly the first three of the ten sephirot are states of energy/consciousness that have no spatial parallels aside from being at the center of the other six, with the fourth being at the center holding the rest (known as the "inner court").
I believe the illusion of space is created at the third emanation : Nuit; night; breath, or, black of Isis. The aether; the aethereal expansion...

The Abyss.

I presume the "inner court" would be a reference to Hadit.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Also, prior to the aethereal expansion and pertaining to the first three sephiroth, or, supernal triad. It could be said that the macrocosm is in a microcosmic state...

Keeping in mind that there is only the 'illusion' of an outward expansion as this is all an internal construct occurring only within the mind of the primordial.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

1. Existence as well as non existence occurs within a non linear time construct, i.e. an outermost cycle, or eternity, as opposed to a finite linear system such as this universe we now exist.

2. The cycling of eternity is subject to periods of non existence. No space, no time; neither any movement within the primordial. The antithesis of everything, or, absolute nothingness.

3. The acausal is the 'magic' that somehow functions within this static eternal state of nothingness. A first mover initiating a causal chain - emergence of something from nothing.
Ok. Your premises 1. and 2. are one view. I have no problem with it, although my take varies (kind of off topic for the thread so I'll keep this reply brief).

A for the third premise, technically there is no such thing as "acausal" in my understanding. If first mover, as you term it, initiates a causal chain, then that is the cause. The causality of first mover is recursive (a perpetual feeback loop of existential presence without beginning or ending). There are two expressions that can be termed "nothing". On is no-thing, or a field of unmanifest, unformed, undefined potential. The other is the negation of existence where nothing can ever be because first mover encompasses all possibilities, inlcuding that one. As such, I view magic as a natural part of creation, like a separate gear linked to human (or any self-conscious) awareness. Magical causality coexists with unconscious causality.
Anyway, lets leave it at that, for the sake of staying on thread topic.

As a note, however, I want to say that my approach to the philosophical dictum is more as a contemplative theme, designed to induce a state of awareness akin to "enlightenment" (samadhi in yogic jargon), where consciousness (as a sense of existential presence) takes on a kind of geomentrical quality to reflect the contemplation theme.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

Let me do some paradigm translation here, since these appear to be Thelemic terms...a modern play on Egytian esoteric terminology.

I differentiate between the void and the abyss. The first is what you would call Nuit, or the womb/field of infinite potential. You can call it Yin-field or aether, as opposed to Yang-field or luminous consciousness. You can call it black of Isis or Mahakali. I would say: the expression of space, since the latter is an opening of existence in a certain way, as is time in another way. This is not the challenging experience as the esoteric interpretations of the abyss above the the fourth sephirot and below the three supernal ones. That would be characterized by existential negation.

A kind of oblivion to all who enter here, although there is I believe overlap between the void and abyss, which itself is a cause of suffering in manifestation. The "great work" in terms of redemption from the "fall" attempts to accomplish separation from the abyss and restituion. The abyss is true nothingness and naturally separates from positive existence, like oil and water. But just as water supports oil and can be mixed with it without dissolving per se, the abyss serves as the background dynamic that allows for the One to become many without collapsing back into unity.

The "Inner Court" vs. "Outer Court" do not apply for the 2D Tree as far as I know. Perhaps you can call the three supernal spheres at the top of the tree "inner court", while the seven below are the "outer court". So the abyss would be a dissociation between worldly being and our deeper causal essence. Not just a separation, but a negation of their continuity.

Macrocosm and microcosm are inderdependent, and relative, but not illusions in my understanding. They are realities. Also I would call it the Body of the primordial as the metaphor includes mind. In other words I believe Neoplatonist (all is mind) paradigms are partial at best, and can lead to a bias where manifestation is viewed as a mental construct rather than a broader existential one. "Mind" is less tangible than body and can lead to desensitization where one would requires greater sensitization to accomplish magic. That, at least has been one observation of mine over the years. \

As you may have implied, the Tree of Life model is quite abstract, and has been more the subject of philosopghical speculation, and mental projection imo, than a means to cultivation magical capacity.

Let me say that over the years I have amended my understanding as well as the words I feel describe it, which can be problematic when attempting to discuss things from a common conceptual framework. Meaning it is a bit of a chore to try to correlate things with occult terminologies that don't really represent me. That's actually one of the reasons I am on an occult forum. To see if I can salvage my esoteric communication skills.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

A for the third premise, technically there is no such thing as "acausal" in my understanding. If first mover, as you term it, initiates a causal chain, then that is the cause.
If I select a process or state of the eternal cycle to elaborate on. Say I choose the part that represents a static eternal* state of nothingness**. This means no space or time; neither does the primordial consciousness(or God) exist. You may refer to this as a state of unmanifest if you wish.

I do not believe anything that operates as a function of time can be in a perpetual state of motion, or, movement, without beginning or end. This would include an eternal god. The only process I believe to be eternal is eternity itself which undergoes periods of sleeping(nothing; inactive), and waking(something; active). Generally speaking this is.

I resolve the above problem with the aforementioned 'static eternal state of nothingness' combined with an acausal element that can function outside of this. The acausal is not specifically the 'primary mover' or any type of entity per se, but more an abstract element for purposes of elaboration - emergence from non-time paradox.

The movement of time becomes like that of a pendulum, oscillating(in theory not actuality). No problem of infinite regression. Time commences from nothing and can be regressed back to it but no farther as there is nothing that precedes it. Granted, one may conclude that the problem of infinite regression still exists but has now been reduced to a problem of subjectivity in lieu of physicality.

Thus, nothing; one pendulum swing; one iteration; one Tree Of Life; nothing. Ad infinitum, i.e. eternity.

* Apparently I have applied a dual meaning to 'eternity'. Negation of time, as well as an infinite cycle.

** Commencement from nothing. The manner of returning to nothing has not been elaborated.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I differentiate between the void and the abyss.
A lot of what followed the above statement made immediate sense to me. I suppose there could be a bit of articulation between the two. As far as I know most if not all macrocosmic aspects are reflected microcosmically. So the cosmological reference would be to a type of immense void formed as an aspect of universal evolution.

The tree is most likely alluding to a microcosmic reflection of this as well. The name given to Da-ath is knowledge. It has no number; Crowley said within it all is confusion. So anyway, this could also symbolize a lacuna that separates lower knowledge from higher knowledge.

This Abyss could also signify the point where mundane reasoning begins to break down/fail as it is transcended by higher knowledge - sometimes referred to as "reason transcending itself", or truth transcending reason(yours' truly).

A sort of veil dividing the two upper worlds from the two lower. So the "void" would be objective cosmologically and the "Abyss" could give esoteric meaning to the "void" as well as reflected to some degree and manner within the microcosm.

Sometimes the intentions are well but the jargon can get a bit messy.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Also with the hexagram whose six points correspond to the six sephiroth of Yetzirah with the Sun at center. When the hexagram is aligned with the world of angels the top point indicates the Abyss/void.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The "Yin And Yang" you refer is also applied at a most fundamental level and preceding the tree as part of the eternal cycle : The feminine 'Yin' would represent passivity, nothing, or negative existence with the masculine 'Yang' being the polar opposites of those.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I'm not super familiar with this "inner" and "outer" court jargon, and I do use a mixed bag of terminology myself. I use Hadit and Nuit because it makes sense to me.

In a contemporary cosmology I would presume the inner court is the "singularity", and the outer court commences with the expansion from this singularity which becomes the four dimensional reality construct that we exist in.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

Spida wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:27 am The "Yin And Yang" you refer is also applied at a most fundamental level and preceding the tree as part of the eternal cycle : The feminine 'Yin' would represent passivity, nothing, or negative existence with the masculine 'Yang' being the polar opposites of those.
Technically a feminine archetype to be true to the definition of "feminine" needs to have a generative function. It is receptive, substantial and gives birth when fertilized. In mystical thought there is a "Yin" void, but this is like a womb that Yang fertilizes as representing the essence of consciousness (often symbolized by light). Those are poles of Existence or Being (whereas creation is Becoming). Existence (in my understanding) is juxtapposed with Anti-existence (the "abyss").

In systems of alchemy and esoteric cultivation (such as Indian Yoga/tantra), the "celestials" are not separated by the terrestrial via an abyss. This is most likely a Judaic conception that bled into modern occultism. In older forms of tradition nomenclature was more or less restricted and well-defined. In our day we have a variety of sources that allow for more refined meanings when combined. Problem is the original traditional meanings are interpreted with variations to peg them in with foreign terms. This is the problem I see with much of the Golden Dawn and Thelemic magic: it tries to force correspondences instead of allowing them (via defining them as a function of the intended magic rather than "truths" albeit relative ones).
In a contemporary cosmology I would presume the inner court is the "singularity", and the outer court commences with the expansion from this singularity which becomes the four dimensional reality construct that we exist in.
I would say "outer" corresponds to psychologically tangible (represented in spatial terms as well), and "inner" is psychologically abstract. Again this is Kabala nomenclature, but Thelema uses the terms as well. The focus, although this appears to be glossed and "blinded", is application to gain magical capacity and insight (to be enlightened and acquire "powers") rather than try to describe the cosmos. Since the microcosm was thought to reflect the macro, however, inferences are made even though the reflection is more in terms of essence rather than form or function.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Technically a feminine archetype to be true to the definition of "feminine" needs to have a generative function. It is receptive, substantial and gives birth when fertilized. In mystical thought there is a "Yin" void, but this is like a womb that Yang fertilizes as representing the essence of consciousness (often symbolized by light). Those are poles of Existence or Being (whereas creation is Becoming). Existence (in my understanding) is juxtaposed with Anti-existence (the "abyss").
The thought process begins to get a bit weird, and perhaps it need be to observe the truth if in fact that's what it is.

The parameters that define sexual intercourse, namely oscillations within an initial zero volume, for the most part. Expansion; back and forth to the point of climax, it's somewhat mysterious. Can this be traced backwards perhaps even to the dawn of time, an event, the latter being a reflection of this.

Do the slithering snakes of the earth simply mimic the propagating energy of the Electromagnetic Spectrum because it has evolved to be a most effective mode of transport.

The passive nothingness of the feminine Yin coupled with the active(something) principle of the masculine Yang give birth to the universe.

It is true that perspectives change; evolve. Time will tell, or not.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

- The Causal Realm -

An important part of this is to find the beginning and the end of time. Once you have done that proceed to the acausal.

- The Acausal Realm -

The acausal facilitates emergence to a causal realm.

When there exists nothing, then there is nothing to cause anything.

Acausal emerges without cause and initiates causal chain - the beginning of space and time, collectively, the universe...

One finite linear time segment; one pendulum swing.

- Eternity -

Acausal; causal, ad infinitum, i.e. eternity.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Amor wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:46 pm The ToL fits on various landmasses dominating the culture of the settlements built on the various sephiroth.

I was shown the Tree on the island of Iona. The human habitation is confined to the lower sephiroth.

I had to work out other lands for myself - usually taking months of intermittent meditation.

For large scale Trees, it is common that both Kether and Malkuth are not on the landmass of that Tree, either in the ocean or on the landmass of an adjacent Tree. Malkuth on a landmass produces a difficult culture.

Some Trees are very large.
I'm not privy to the Tree Of Life have any correlations with any landmasses(other than planetary, if you will) where that was a part of the original intention.

If you look for patterns than you will likely find them. It may have meaning or not, depending.

The main parts of the Tree are :

1. Ain Soph Aur : the nothingness atop the crown. Associated primarily with eternity.

2. The limitless light that emerges from this eternal nothing and converges to a singular point of infinte density - Kether/Metatron.

3. The supernal triad which is the initial unfolding of the cosmos. The 'inflation' commencing at the 3rd emanation.

4. The Abyss/Void : A massive lacuna created during the 'inflation' that separates the trinity from the other seven sephiroth.

5. Yetzirah : the world of angels. Six holy spheres with the Sun at center - the hexagram.
A construct that mirrors the Septenary configuration; Tree Of Wyrd(ONA).

6. And of course the reason for it all : the 10th emanation...

As above, so below.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Spida wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:40 pm 1. Existence as well as non existence occurs within a non linear time construct, i.e. an outermost cycle, or eternity, as opposed to a finite linear system such as this universe we now exist.

I find it useful to distinguish Existence (e.g. during the manifestation of a universe) from Beingness (e.g. during a pralaya).

Thus, the Source of All, comes into a cycle of expression and manifests a universe. Many of the spirit beings in the manifested universe were within the Source prior to manifested existence. Hence they had beingness before they had existence.

Since Beingness penetrates Existence there is scope for intervention that looks like discontinuity to existing observers

The concept of time as most Earth humans experience it, is linear. But the planetary logos appears to experience all stages of its manifestation from birth to death as simultaneous.

My observation is that the spiritual beings incarnating as Earth humans manifest on parallel timepaths - using parallel processing of human personalities to accelerate development of a transparent human incarnation. Data exchange substantially occurs during dreams.

I have read that not only is there a human Space Force but there is now also a human Time Force. Apparently friendly aliens got fed up with repairing adverse interventions in time paths so have trained some Earth humans to do it. Hopefully there is some supervision.

The repairs apparently occurred mainly because this solar system is on a intergalactic hyper-junction and it needs to be properly stable. I feel a strong energy in that proposition.

There have been many reports of "alien" intervention to disable nuclear weapons in their silos. Nuclear weapons, being not exactly symmetrical, generate immensely rapid vortices of plasma, ripping holes in the etheric web including that of the local hyper-junction.

By some accounts the Babalon working did exactly that. How to make friends and influence people!

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

There have been many reports of "alien" intervention to disable nuclear weapons in their silos. Nuclear weapons, being not exactly symmetrical, generate immensely rapid vortices of plasma, ripping holes in the etheric web.
I don't understand why they were allowed to be used in the first place.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>I don't understand why they were allowed to be used in the first place.

Something about free will.

Also there is a line of thought that humans are being trained on this difficult planet so that, if successful, they can be used in really ill-conditioned parts of the galaxy.

Return to “Kabbalah”