What is happening to occult groups?

For difficult to define queries.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

What is happening to occult groups?

Post by Amor »

Long ago I used to live in a spiritual community that had quite a few members into esoteric/occult material and practices, but after a few years of excellence, suddenly the quality of new members dropped very markedly. So I left.

I recall the owner of an occult bookshop saying that in the 1990s interest in the Golden Dawn largely disappeared.

Then when the internet boomed, there were many forums for Freemasons, but after a decade they all grew rather quiet and most closed. I had put that down to their being pretty much non-operational in occult areas. They speculated again and again, and finally gave up, having learned very little.

Then I come to the more hard core occult forums and they too have largely gone quiet. I can't put that down to lack of operational experience, although I do not know how efficient is the learning process.

Perhaps the most disciplined area of occult work is alchemy, but most of the few forums I have found are rather quiet or closed.

My own area of practice might be called spiritual science - with no obvious limits to interests. Having trained at least 100 in the basic techiques of spiritual science, I do not know any that still practices.

So what is going on?

Is it the end of an era? Have over-lighting entities gone home? Is the human race changing inner focus?

Darroth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What is happening to occult groups?

Post by Darroth »

Perhaps the Kali Yuga is simply darkening further

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>Perhaps the Kali Yuga is simply darkening further

How could we devise an experiment to test that hypothesis?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

These things, as pretty much all other things in existence, comes and goes in cycles. A breath in, a breath out. There is time for growth, and a time to for decay, and then growth again, and back to decay. That's the nature of all nature. Some time in the future, something will have that will spark occult communities back in to life, perhaps in new forms, or with some twists of old form, in some new mediums and new places, and after some more time it all will go back to sleep again.

Silsebyl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Silsebyl »

I agree with you, Cerber.

I believe another reason is the hype about esoterism and occultism in the end of last century combined with the internet, where more and more people showed interest in those topics without realizing, that practicing magick means more than just lighting a few candles, drawing a circle on the ground and uttering words with some mysterious meaning. You can find it with every subject: the more people talk and write about it, the more it loses profundity.

In the end people claimed to know everything just because they've read one book. On the other hand they were disappointed that nothing exciting was happening when they followed the instructions of the book. I got tired of trying to explain that occultism is something you don't do as a short time hobby. I got tired of all the people who weren't really interested into learning or exploring something, who wanted to have the desired result before even knowing whether it could be achieved by any magickal practice.

If you, Amor, still are interested in a forum for Alchemy, there is alchemyforums.com. People are active there, but I didn't find anyone talking about his or her actual workings. Since I don't know much about Alchemy, I don't understand the alchemical language well. So I can't tell you anything about the quality of the archive. Somehow I didn't find an approach to what they are talking about there. Alchemy is different to what I experienced with occultism. Maybe I could find something in it for me (besides what I found already), I don't know. Maybe I will go on pondering over Alchemy. I fear I can't learn much from the forum so far, more from the books and my own experiments.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>more from the books and my own experiments

I recall reading in a medieval alchemical text that "even a woman" could do the practical work. I think what that meant was that an education was not required for physical aspects of alchemical. The text went on to say something to the effect that without the inner intent and understanding, little would result from the physical processes.

Thus, just as in quantum mechanics, the (competent) observer is integral to the process.

The text was actually veiling an important aspect of alchemy, the role of females in alchemy.

This role is generally lost in modern society but I recall in a small museum in Scotland, seeing womens long underpants, with part of the bottom deliberately missing. Apparently, with the vagaries of northern weather, it was often difficult to know when it was safe to plant the new crops.

A suitable woman, planting her bare behind on the soil, would feel the tingle of life force and thereby know that the time had come to plant. This sensitivity is critical to alchemy.

Silsebyl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Silsebyl »

*lol* yeah, sure. We women do it that way. We plant our bare behind anywhere to feel the tingle of life force. I often do this before I feed my sour dough, just to see whether it is still alife and might be hungry. [greensmile]

I don't know how it is in English, but in German language you sometimes say, that someone is driving his car with his butt, which means he is driving with intuition. [wink2]

Impudicus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Impudicus »

Facebook.

Everyone went to private groups.

The internet has become a collection of one-liners. Nobody likes to read, type, or have real conversations when ten billion posts worth of crap are constantly scrolling by.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Silsebyl wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:28 pm In the end people claimed to know everything just because they've read one book...
I find it to be far worse when someone claim to know everything (or nearly everything) just because he or she wrote one book (Gods forbid the whole two or even three). Because then ignorance can get contagious. And with few farts in the right places, might spreads like wildfire..

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Cerber wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:40 pm Because then ignorance can get contagious.
There seems to be general agreement that attention spans are diminishing.

"The findings revealed human attention span has fallen from an average of 12 seconds in the year 2000 to just eight seconds today. Humans now have less of an attention span than a goldfish (nine seconds average)."
https://www.medicaldaily.com/human-atte ... sed-333474

It is convenient to link this to mobile devices but that might be superficial. Perhaps the problem is finding meaning in the stimuli available - as if people were instinctively looking for the Real and moving on immediately when not immediately perceived.

Meanwhile mainstream news media (being owned by a few) is filled with fake news to propagate political agenda.

Long ago before the invention of GPS, I discovered that when navigating in unknown territory it was necessary to have at least 2 theories as to where I was. These days it seems that one theory is enough and data that does not fit is discounted as mystery occurrence or novel behavior.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I think there is too much information around, entertaining information. A human mind just keep on looking for cheap and easy excitement now, mostly. And not looking to get smarter, to learn anything, to benefit it self long term.

Impudicus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Impudicus »

Cerber wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 pm I think there is too much information around, entertaining information. A human mind just keep on looking for cheap and easy excitement now, mostly. And not looking to get smarter, to learn anything, to benefit it self long term.
Occult revivals precede periods of innovation and enterprise, arriving on the heels of new ways of looking at the world. That goes back into all ages, some old wise man decided he needed a better view of the sky and we ended up with knowing how to build stuff and do math. Great and wonderful things are usually preceded by quiet people wanting to do weird things.

Where has the desire for the great and wonderful gone? The abubdance of consumable delights has made people less demanding of their futures. The psychic energy of the entire modern world is suppressed by being constantly surrounded with meaningless or hurtful things being advertised as satisfaction.

And so there are fewer magicians, fewer people willing to go beyond collecting and consuming and making vanity projects. Those rare few who do probably don't usually want to have to wade through a lot of crazy talk. The fly fishing forums are more reliable sources of experience.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

If we take the (testable) proposition that spiritual/magical disciplines very largely exist within the aura of an overlighting entity, then the change from Pisces to Aquarius quite possibly involves the current overlighting entities stepping back to allow new entities to take over the management of any on-going spiritual paths - with the obvious consequence of practitioners of particular paths being progressively abandoned by the path sponsors. (Path sponsors are usually not the same as sponsors of individuals).

So what sort of experiment might we perform to test for the entities overlighting old spiritual paths stepping back, shrinking, turning away, being absorbed?

What experiments might detect new spiritual paths?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Amor wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:22 am If we take the (testable) proposition that spiritual/magical disciplines very largely exist within the aura of an overlighting entity, then the change from Pisces to Aquarius quite possibly involves the current overlighting entities stepping back to allow new entities to take over the management of any on-going spiritual paths - with the obvious consequence of practitioners of particular paths being progressively abandoned by the path sponsors. (Path sponsors are usually not the same as sponsors of individuals).

So what sort of experiment might we perform to test for the entities overlighting old spiritual paths stepping back, shrinking, turning away, being absorbed?

What experiments might detect new spiritual paths?
But there is no reason to believe, no evidence, that any such shift of "powers" happens in peaceful and orderly fashion. Went I step out of my "safe spaces" these days, I don't see carnival and celebratory processions, I usually see legions, armies manoeuvring and troop ships sailing or flying, some places being abandoned and sacrificed, while other places reinforced and re-armed. And it's not clear who is friend and who is foe. For a long while I thought what I see and experience out there, must be something to do entirely with me, related to me and not an indication of some greater reality. But I'm not so sure any more, at least not in every case.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>there is no reason to believe, no evidence, that any such shift of "powers" happens in peaceful and orderly fashion.

So, should we be prepared? How would magically competent humans do that?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Amor wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:48 pm >there is no reason to believe, no evidence, that any such shift of "powers" happens in peaceful and orderly fashion.

So, should we be prepared? How would magically competent humans do that?
No idea. I just hoard books, because humanity have tendency to go on book burning rampage when madness spreads like wildfire. Maybe because books does act as gateways to outside places, in certain way, so every new king and queen try to "close all borders", all the unsolicited traffic. Well there's a risk for book hoarder to end up being burned together with their books, but I feel it's worth the risk :)
Beyond that, I don't think there is much else that we can predict or prepare to. If another world war breaks out in the neighbourhood, there is no spell to make bombs drop on the neighbours house instead of my one. And if some pandemic breaks out (*caugh*), there seem to be no spell either to prevent other people from sneezing in my direction.
Maybe depends on the scale of focus, if physical survival in question, then it's a gamble, I don't see any certain way to prepare for anything in this world. But on the other hand if the question of "greater continuity", then many things can be done, we can try to make as many friends as possible, while we still can, start bribing gods with offerings daily, or with favours or both, so when our current vessels expire, we may have some place to go, to retire for a while, until things cool down etc.
Starting a cult and starting to preach some new paradigm is a good option too. At the end of days, there usually are many who seek salvation, you just need to tell those lost souls you know the way. And if you have a large herd of sheep following you, most gates will open for you where ever you will choose to lead them.
Or can write a book, some spiritual book, start a "cult" that way. There is always good chance some of your "fan-base", followers will survive and in to the new world and when coast is clear you and your crew can return to the mortal realm through them.
The last one is the most fun, I think, but takes the most of effort.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

I thought humans were supposed to be survivors

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Amor wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:22 am I thought humans were supposed to be survivors
They are, many will survive, we just don't know for sure which ones will :)

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Im actually honestly surprised this board is still alive. Its gone through multiple times of being offline, and then I check tonight and here it is.. some four years after I gave it up as dead.

Imageboards are unfortunately old hat.. discord has taken over.. and we are dinosaurs in comparison now haha. My own trad has gone all facebook too, and I now run that. I guess ill see you guys in another four years...
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

So what can an occult group contribute to the unfolding/unveiling of the solar system?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Amor wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:02 am So what can an occult group contribute to the unfolding/unveiling of the solar system?
What are the goals, objectives?
And is it in general terms, what can some hypothetical occult group contribute to the world? Or more specifically this our "occult group"?
If it's the latter, then I think we are quite too small and too passive for any significant contributions. But simply preserving this vast archive of ideas, dreams, and experiences of thousands of people over past 10-20 years - is a worthy cause imo.
But if it's the former, then I think a lot can be done, slowly, with a good plan, determination and resources. But those kind of groups don't operate as "occult groups", the occult part tend to be hidden away and instead focus mostly on generating income and political influence, by creating or acquiring business enterprises and infiltrating political factions. Because one can achieve a lot more in this world with a dollar in a hand, than with a prayer beads.

Ada
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ada »

Definitely an old topic that is still relevant. Many esoteric and occult groups and even entire forums have dissolved.

It started in 2020, where the Corona virus started. People suddenly became preoccupied with survival and their faith in everything else was lost. They left the forums and a silence fell. The silence that took place outside (due to lockdowns) suddenly also took place inside people.

As if that wasn't enough, vaccination came along and a lot of countries divided society between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. Even if there were still people who had the will to believe, most of them lost this faith as a result.

What was left were some with their last strong will and conviction, who did not give up their faith and who know that the flow of energy is in our power.

And only some of these people are still online.
That's why I don't find it at all unusual that occult or esoteric forums or groups have shrunk to this point.

But I'm still glad that some still exist, like this one. [grin2]

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

On this timeline, about 1995 our solar Logos was promoted and now appears to me as much more august and with broader cosmic functions.

My observation is that humans born since 1995 are much more aware of their responsibility for the well-being of the planet and its species.

The solar system is being driven on, partly because of some streams of cosmic Light that anchor here, and partly because a new role is being imposed upon our galaxy.

Who can test such propositions?

Ada
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ada »

@Amor

I was born before that but I remember that year as a child. My childhood ended there and my soul woke up. That year was special to me like every year, which cross sum is 6. It lifts my energy and I have more strength in such years. Mentally and physically. Also I additionally gain new knowledge and eventually my connection to the cosmos deepens.

People have been born all over the world since 1995. So I can't lump them all together. There will definitely be some who care about the well-being of their environment and some who don't care. For my part, I cannot say that I have made the same observation. But maybe it differs from place to place.

What kind of role do you think this will be? And what role does this galaxy has now?

Only the one, who knows all can test such propositions. And since I think there is no human being, who has the capacity of being omniscient, such things cannot be tested, but can only be confirmed by one's own soul.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>What kind of role do you think this will be?

As is commonly known the geometric Tree of Life fits on the standard human. This pattern operates as an antenna permitting resonance with much more profound entities. Where the resonance is suitable the human is delegated some local authority. This is purer path to magic/occult powers.

Thus the enlightened human is expected to propagate aspects of Divine Intent.

>what role does this galaxy has now

The galactic Logos, like our solar Logos, is learning right relationship and thus referred to by humans as a god of love.

It is likely that our galaxy will merge with the nearest galaxy over the next 2 billion years - thus forming a light body suited to a visitor from outside this cluster of universes. There is much preparation to be done, including with the soul-bearing species on/in this planet

>since I think there is no human being, who has the capacity of being omniscient, such things cannot be tested

Giving up before starting is not necessarily an efficient process in spiritual science.

Omniscience may not be required for an experiment. Learning can be accelerated by experiment.

There are many non-humans that are players in this solar system. Not all support the Divine Intent for this planet.

This planet generates interest well beyond our cluster of universes.

Look for the energy lines from outside this universe.

Which lines carry Intent?

Put yourself next to such a line. What happens?

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”