Is Shakti the flip-side of a conscious wave form?

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Is Shakti the flip-side of a conscious wave form?

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Kath wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:34 pm
Cybernetic_Jazz wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:56 am I was just going through my emails tripping balls and saw this. What's good. :)
What's good?
uhhhhhh, wonder, mirth, and logos [yay]

I was just curious if you were still around, and if you had any further thoughts on any of this thread :)
I guess the only thoughts I'd add:

Almost all internal visions and experiences are dialogs between your more immediate / functional self and part of your wiring that carries all of your life's experience and knowledge. A lot of times the later has dialogues with the former to reassert equilibrium. I think I mentioned this toward the beginning but - a lot of times if visions invade your waking life something's going horribly wrong, as Jung experienced it, and the parts of your own mind that provide ballast or counterweight to your functional self are fighting so hard to keep things in balance that they break the surface of waking consciousness.

While there does seem to be considerable evidence of continuation of life and reincarnation, as well as these days increased discussion of djinn (ie. UAV's and their contact with military arrays and instruments), for most people there's almost an unfathomable gulf between access to those elements and access to internal dialog. I find myself in that latter category, fighting for my life against muggles (which I'll probably have to do until I'm in a casket) might be helping to deaden my capacity to do anything else but I have to increasingly accept that the handful of really unexplainable experiences I've already had in my life are probably it.

The paradox of the thread is the one of harsh Darwinian competition and nature red in tooth and nail (as well as society and economics red in tooth and nail) on one side, the blissful solipsism of the life force coming up through us on the other, and just how immensely divergent these two experiences are. I'd still say that the 'Do The Evolution' video captured that dichotomy excellently.

Also from some of what I said above, I have no clue what I'll be doing with this whole area of interest going forward. To the best I can tell - if it doesn't work for me I probably need to shelve it, sort out my survival needs (or rather keep doing that), and if there's a time and place in my life where I can come back to the spiritual or magical path I'll do it, just that for now really all I have contact with is psychology / neurology and I don't feel like that's a productive place to engage any of these phenomena from.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh, as a side note - I've really gotten big on crypto investing in the past six months. If anyone wants to talk coins and pattern-watching let me know!

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:53 pm ...I have to increasingly accept that the handful of really unexplainable experiences I've already had in my life are probably it. ...
That's an interesting thought.

I can think of more dramatic examples of unexplainable experiences which exist in the past, as a sort of "one and done" event in time. I definitely do appreciate that uh... perspective, or characterization of certain experiences. I can identify.

I think, that where I have crossed the Rubicon, between observation of phenomena, and occult as a practice... is in striving to "create" unexplainable phenomena to observe.

In this, I think that a certain psychical (not a typo) element to attempting to approach the problem of how to go about it. And a significant swath of possible unexplainable phenomena require a degree of sensitivity and intuitive leaps, in order to experience.

I would tend to think that the reasons for many people to approach the occult or occult practice, have little to do with the purest interest in the substance of the topic. People want certain results, or to carry on a certain tradition, or to correct something they dislike about the nature of reality, or to feel empowered, etc. And all of those things are understandable. But I wonder how limiting such frames of mind might be, when attempting to explore, intuitively, methods of manifesting unexplainable phenomena.

For love of the exploratory quasi-science of it, the wonder of discovery & exploration, it's a ceaselessly rewarding thing.

I would not even look into it, but for experiences of unexplainable phenomena, and the burning curiosity it inspires.
And I think I would not have 'stayed' into it, but for some degree of success in intuiting approaches to crafting unexplainable phenomena.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

A constant slurry of violence, narcissism, and domination is really doing a lot of damage to my curiosity. Getting screwed by employers, getting treated like a kid by other adults for where I'm at in life, and knowing that I'd have to be a much more violent, course, dumb, and probably less-competent person to fix that.

It's pretty much brain damage as a way of life.

The trouble there, and kind of in line with some of the outlooks on the occult you mentioned, if there are no competencies that can solve these problems and these problems are screaming as loudly as they are in my life - I really have to put my attention into either coarsening, making a lot more money, or both, and anything that doesn't help me do one, the other, or both needs to be tucked away in a box until that gets sorted out.

I don't feel comfortable asking the cosmos for money, I'd rather win the zero-sum games on my own and know that I have the grit to keep the victories otherwise it's a hard thing to maintain. It's the coarsening I'm trying to work my way around, the whole needing to become a worse person than I came into this world as in order to survive - I really just wanna fuck the people up who are putting that ultimatum to me and again, that's another skillset that would be better to build on my own.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Living in a wrong place, with wrong people and wrong work is a dead end spiritually.

Sometimes it is better to move away and start again

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:27 pm A constant slurry of violence, narcissism, and domination is really doing a lot of damage to my curiosity. Getting screwed by employers, getting treated like a kid by other adults for where I'm at in life, and knowing that I'd have to be a much more violent, course, dumb, and probably less-competent person to fix that.

It's pretty much brain damage as a way of life.

The trouble there, and kind of in line with some of the outlooks on the occult you mentioned, if there are no competencies that can solve these problems and these problems are screaming as loudly as they are in my life - I really have to put my attention into either coarsening, making a lot more money, or both, and anything that doesn't help me do one, the other, or both needs to be tucked away in a box until that gets sorted out.

I don't feel comfortable asking the cosmos for money, I'd rather win the zero-sum games on my own and know that I have the grit to keep the victories otherwise it's a hard thing to maintain. It's the coarsening I'm trying to work my way around, the whole needing to become a worse person than I came into this world as in order to survive - I really just wanna fuck the people up who are putting that ultimatum to me and again, that's another skillset that would be better to build on my own.
It's hard to say what particular bit of knowledge will make itself crucial to know, as situations unfold.

But yeah, if you need to focus on topics which are most probable to be beneficial, and right now that doesn't include the occult, I can get that.

Although personally, I find it had to imagine a situation where skill and knowledge of inter-mind extra-natural forces, subtexts, etc. could 'not' be useful. At least in any situation which relates to existing within society. I don't draw any concrete line between say knowing how to communicate with others using the local language, and knowing how we all really communicate in a more 'complete' and subtle framework. Knowing and having agency with all of the layers of how we co-cogitate when sentient minds interact, is just nearly continuously applicable. Unless i'm in a forest alone or something, far away from other humans or higher functioning animals. But most of the problems of life, involve coexistence with the other bipeds.

Remember that the aspersions of others, spoken or unspoken, need not trigger a conditioned reflex within yourself. It doesn't so much matter whether you accept or deny the aspersions of others, but how, and why, you choose your reaction, or non reaction. Whether you react with "yeah, I suck", or "i need to do better", or "how about you go fuck yourself", or just ignore them... what carries the most weight is the process by which you arrive at it. They offer you a cup full of a framing of reality full of their biases, what is greatness, is not having a kneejerk reaction, but deciding, or rather discerning, a response, or non-response, which embodies your true will. With enough perfection of self awareness, a pauper can make a king seem tiny.

It's a little bit like "speaking with the power of the holy spirit" in protestant churches. Although that's a crude fascimile of a honed will, sense of self, and weight of presence. The genuine article is considerably more potent, and a lot less dependent on annunciation & body language.

violence? that doesn't sound good.
and kinda sets the imagination to exotic interpretations :P

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Kath wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:21 pm Although personally, I find it had to imagine a situation where skill and knowledge of inter-mind extra-natural forces, subtexts, etc. could 'not' be useful. At least in any situation which relates to existing within society. I don't draw any concrete line between say knowing how to communicate with others using the local language, and knowing how we all really communicate in a more 'complete' and subtle framework. Knowing and having agency with all of the layers of how we co-cogitate when sentient minds interact, is just nearly continuously applicable. Unless i'm in a forest alone or something, far away from other humans or higher functioning animals. But most of the problems of life, involve coexistence with the other bipeds.
To actually use occultism, or at least going beyond probing my own construction with maybes, isn't something I really have access to. I rarely ever felt like working with an entity was anything other than pulling in an imaginary friend or another part of my neural structure willing to stand in as an other. Further looking into people's research of DMT, dreams, etc. has even further made me doubt even strong second-person influence or cajoling as anything other than my own mind trying to communicate with me. This is where I'd have no clue how to apply force or any outside world problem-solving, only inner-world because it's the only part of this that I can have faith works.
Kath wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:21 pmRemember that the aspersions of others, spoken or unspoken, need not trigger a conditioned reflex within yourself. It doesn't so much matter whether you accept or deny the aspersions of others, but how, and why, you choose your reaction, or non reaction. Whether you react with "yeah, I suck", or "i need to do better", or "how about you go fuck yourself", or just ignore them... what carries the most weight is the process by which you arrive at it. They offer you a cup full of a framing of reality full of their biases, what is greatness, is not having a kneejerk reaction, but deciding, or rather discerning, a response, or non-response, which embodies your true will. With enough perfection of self awareness, a pauper can make a king seem tiny.

It's a little bit like "speaking with the power of the holy spirit" in protestant churches. Although that's a crude fascimile of a honed will, sense of self, and weight of presence. The genuine article is considerably more potent, and a lot less dependent on annunciation & body language.
The way I'd phrase my understanding of what you're saying above is understanding the problem from first principals and relating to it from first principals.

I have pieces and parts of that. On one level I have to work to live. On another level, I know that people's aspersions are primarily weaponized for selfish ends - ie. they don't want to fix a perceived problem or chastise someone whose not pulling their weight in life, it's more like they're getting their rocks off looking down on and abusing anyone they possibly can as a means of reinforcing their feeling that they're successful social climbers. I see these people as very little more than monkeys with UN rights, their obstinance is 1000x as strong because they don't bother with sanity or reason. While insanity, obstinance, and being 100000% sure that you're right about something you're dead wrong about is a perverse form of power the price of it is... well... being insane and wrong, and it's a form of power that doesn't seem to come without real derangement.

The closest thing I can do is club myself over the head with truth all day long, not just including the Machiavellianism of the world I live in but also some of the really frightening stuff that Nate Hagens is talking about on his channel, like his recent discussion of metal and mineral resource limits
(with Simon Michaux) and how we're set up to have all of this that we have now fall apart within the next decade - long before global warming gets us. These are the people who, while the world starts crashing around them, will either be beating their faces into the wall for status-quo assertion or figuring out whose lower in social pecking order so they can mug them and take their stuff. TBH - letting the human race buttfuck itself out of existence before it ever leaves this planet might be a good idea. We don't get a handle on or even grapple with psychopathy, rather we worship it as the most holy and sacred thing we can imagine. Sadly there are a lot of individual good people mixed in with this species as well who aren't likely to have an enjoyable time over the remainder of this century as the crazies start killing everything and each other.

To that last point that's where my mind shifts to violence. If my martial arts instructor is leaving the area now and I don't want coming worsening of the human condition to catch me off guard I'll probably need to find myself at the gun range more, spending time on a lot of the skillsets needed for that situation. Odds are, almost 100%, being different in any way shape or form - I'll get murdered before I have a chance to utilize any of it, but I still want to at least do something to know that I'm facing it rather than have it all catch me unprepared.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:54 pm... really frightening stuff that Nate Hagens is talking about on his channel, like his recent discussion of metal and mineral resource limits ..
Perhaps you are too young to recall the Peak Oil fright - now long gone

Better to read the works of Thomas Gold to learn how this planet is currently depositing vast quantities of hydrocarbons, metals and fresh water in the one process.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03879 ... bl_vppi_i1

https://www.livescience.com/65779-giant ... coast.html

So what intelligences wish to depress and frighten Earth humans? Why would they want that?

Return to “Reason and Unreason”