What are you researching right now?

General conversation and mundane matters.

FraterPurpura
Forum Member
Forum Member

What are you researching right now?

Post by FraterPurpura »

Share what your particular occult (or not, any thing's fine honestly) interest as the moment is.
For me, it's the Qliphoth of the Tree if Death. Unfortunately, information on the topic isn't as abundant as the on the topic of the Sephiroth.
"Bask in my presence."
-Hermaes Mora

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What are you researching right now?

Post by Amor »

>Qliphoth of the Tree

The Universal Logos works to grasp matter more intensely but managing the out-breath is specialized work and only a minority of humans is called to it.

The tzimtzum doctrine seems to me to be a rather human-centric view of a pre-existential process.

These days I seem to have more attention outside the solar system than inside. This is not from conscious choice.

Our solar system, according to the Hindus, in its first manifestation focused on learning about matter and intelligence. In this second manifestation it is learning about right relationship.

I am frequently surprised at how lack of right relationship is so often central to cosmic problems. Earth humans are not exempt.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Over the past few years I've wandered so far of all the "mainstream organized paths" it's becoming very hard to verbalize my activities.. Just "stuff" mainly related to egregores, of all kinds. At this point mainly from occasional regular personal work, practical experiments and observations, rather than some existing sources, teachings or records of others.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

From one of my threads.
Spida wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:26 am So we've basically accomplished what we set out to do(occult wise), more or less, maybe half a decade ago. The compulsion to write has diminished somewhat due to the former combined with an alternate format of engagement.

Many things remain the same. We are just...coasting, atm, yeah, status quo, pretty much...

Working on my car and driving the backroads of Maine; a little photography although not so much as of late. Last project(slightly ongoing) was balancing my tires while on the road, mostly. Some key elements pertaining to this are better not divulged I would say.

I still frequent the forum; mostly read what I have written and listen to music. I have some really good computer audio so that works out pretty well.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

..Oh and slowly over recent years I've been working on transitioning my practices, my own gnosis in to digital age. Trying to find ways to achieve same or similar results using some new tools, mediums, and new ways of thinking, instead of always relying on all those "tried and tested" rituals.
I'm a CyberWizard now..
..well, we're getting there :D

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Well if I'm not mistaken I believe that Einstein thought that the universe was static, infinite, and eternal. So we've come a long way baby...

Anyway, like they say : truth really is stranger than fiction.

Adios amigos

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

I'm slowly continuing to read Stephen Skinner's analysis of the Greek Magical Papyri, "Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic", as a preliminary to trying out some of the techniques for myself. I am about halfway through this thick textbook, and it's very thorough and interesting stuff. I got into it because I have a couple of friends who are already pretty deep into practicing with the Papyri, and having some great results.

A few days ago I also rented a new webserver for a new project of mine, but where all of my previous servers for the past 10+ years have been Debian-based, this one is CentOS, a RedHat-based distro. So, it has been a learning experience for me since some stuff is different under the hood.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

When I was setting up my server a year or two ago I was tempted to go with CentOS, even though I had zero experience with it, at least not recently, neither with Red-Hat. But then I had to remind my self my goal is to deploy and run my project not to spent time and energy learning new system. So I went with boring ubuntu. It worked out quite well though, especially since laptop I'm doing the development runs one of the ubuntu derivatives, development and deployment is usually a breeze when both workstation and remote server run the same or very similar system, same version and has all the same packages. But I'm still curious, every now and then, if it would have been better in some way to try that one.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I could write about this sort of thing for days although most of my experience is from a couple of decades ago.

There was this one guy who was a head of a school management association here in Maine, and I developed some custom web based apps for him. One was an app that would generate a custom survey form for mass emailing based on user input.

This was all very profitable for me, but also very time consuming, anyway, one day the guy decides he's gonna migrate over to another ISP running a different server OS(Linux based), and I had to (painfully) inform him that none of the (Windows) applications I had developed for him would run on this new platform.

Just a 'programming phase' that I went through that lasted maybe a couple of years. Nowadays I'm just figuring out how to disable a bunch of useless crap on a 'phone' (that may be needed for an emergency) so that the battery doesn't go dead even when I'm not using it.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:53 pm Just a 'programming phase' that I went through that lasted maybe a couple of years. Nowadays I'm just figuring out how to disable a bunch of useless crap on a 'phone' (that may be needed for an emergency) so that the battery doesn't go dead even when I'm not using it.
Why did it last only couple years? Why you stopped?
Programming isn't exactly my main job (I do some part time work sometimes though), but it's not just a hobby, it's now an important part of my spirituality and even occult paths and wanderings. Not likely I could ever stop even if for some reason I ever wanted to, there are now certain digital commitments.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

I have a Blushield devlce for off-setting the effects of RF fields including mobile phone towers.

After a couple of years of keeping the device in my pocket with good effects - physically stronger from day one as measured up the first hill of my daily run - the device has started to make the nearest part of the body a bit uncomfortable. It seems to push against my etheric body - making a small depression.

I suspect that my etheric body is now more sensitive.

So I sent off an email asking about the etheric dent and got a response saying: put the device overnight in the light of the full moon. So I tried that and there was an 80% reduction in the etheric dent.

So then I tried conversing with the elemental intelligence of the device and that made a further reduction in the etheric dent.

So while meditating with the device I thought about removing all the dense substance from it, leaving only the highest etheric subplane. That seemed to help.

And if there is still a slight remaining effect, why not remove the highest etheric subplane matter replacing it with the five electricities that transcend the 7 subplanes (making a 12 fold system)?

Eventually it seems that the elemental of the device needs a little more house training so that it knows to live lightly upon my system.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cerber wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 pm Why did it last only couple years? Why you stopped?
The guy that I was doing the programming for owned a local ISP business that also had a computer repair shop, H and R Block tax service, and a small sales team at the entrance for ISP and computer related. All housed within the same building.

The head computer tech retired and since I was assembling my own computers I told him I could help out. I scaled back on the programming but continued to maintain a Windows application that processed raw log files generated by his Radius Server which contained various user data.

So I suppose I didn't really quit 'cold turkey' but phased out completely, more or less, within a few years.

In the end I didn't even have the Microsoft Developer Studio(Visual C++) or any of the thousands of lines of source code I had written because I gave that computer away(not caring), and later that computer suffered a massive power surge that destroyed everything.

I later regretted giving that PC away once everything settled down a bit, but life went on.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I'm in the process of reading Forrest Landry's Immanent Metaphysics through for the first time.

On philosophic positions for what best described what we're actually in - I do think either relationship-first ontic structural realism, neutral monism, or dual-action monism all fit relatively well. It's a bit like an idealism set-and-setting but with as little malleability as to be suggestive of a simulation, to which OSR and dual-action monism seem to handle well. I see Landry's Immanent Metaphysics as a deep contemplation of the contents of what something like a dual-action monism could look like and reading / analyzing his modalities (immanent, omniscient, transcendent) and how they interrelate is helping me better pin down my own questions.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

AdrusBarba
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AdrusBarba »

Forex trading. See where it ends

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>Forex trading. See where it ends

It is relatively common to state that it takes about 10 000 hours to get good at something.

Perhaps it is worth to record pretend trades for a while until you see how you go through changes in trend

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I wanted to get into Forex just for putting small amounts of money in collapsed currencies to see if they ever sprung back but I see that there's a minimum transaction fee and I didn't want to deal with that.

Someone I've really enjoyed listening to on the crypto side of things and who spent a lot of time on Forex before jumping into Binance is 'Traders Reality'. He hits market maker mean reversion techniques a lot, the Hyblock display of how many billions worth of longs and shorts there are, Bookmap for showing what's going on with the exchanges, and there's a lot of confirmation that the strange whimsical swings up and down within ranges are the automated market making algorithm forcing margin call on shorts and longs. Seeing it from that inverse perspective, ie. how the market makers make money by taking out a short on anyone's purchase or taking out a long on anyone's sale makes a lot of sense - ie. without that kind of thing in play the whole thing wouldn't be sustainable, is really a useful frame to keep in mind when trying to sort out what it's doing next.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

The 81 scales and still hidden science perceptions which can be found on my posts for example. Also anything ultra obscure like making fire out of mindful manifestation and enrichment without any tools other than the body and any random matter.

Return to “Off-Topic”