States of enlightenment

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

ArchangelIdiotis
Forum Member
Forum Member

States of enlightenment

Post by ArchangelIdiotis »

This, I was briefly pondering and couldn't think of where else to put it. Would be interested in anyone's insights into these and other states of enlightenment.

States of Enlightenment

Reading lots of books. Writing explanations of things. Digging deep.

It might be considered a state of enlightenment to transcend all trauma and fear. This could result from acknowledging any information your psyche naturally retreats from with open minded acceptance, taking a moment to release the trauma.

I believe many traditions exist seeking to achieve spontaneous unfiltered response to any and all situations. They will have achieved a type of stability, creativity, and present moment fulfillment.

Meditation on nothing may be carried to the point that, regardless of where the waking nervous system travels, no thought creeps into consciousness apart from awareness of the present. I suspect this stage of enlightenment has the potential to unleash a new kind of thinking, if words and images are created instead of unavoidable.

There is the realization that you, or I, am the avatar of God. One form of this is to adapt a philosophy of God that includes everything and nothing as made (symbolically) conscious by the existence of love within beings providing the universe a heart. Since everything and nothing is God, you are a part of God, therefore you are God. This may unlock love and pride.

One way of phrasing ego loss is as loss of pride, the sugar that keeps the ego afloat.

Acceptance that you are enlightened may result in a spiritually centered (inflated?) ego.

Acceptance that you only have a finite piece of all the available information - however well read and well rounded - contained in the universe may result in ego defeating humility.

In Jung’s individuation process, a state I consider enlightenment is reached if the Self - the whole of the psyche taken all at once, subconscious information made conscious - is ever fully discovered.

Realization and fulfillment of “true will” - that you are a part of the universe, and that you don’t want what happens when the universe thwarts your attempt to obtain what you want, means you want what you can have. That most beings have a conscious and a subconscious psyche means they don’t always know what the whole of the psyche wants. I define true will as what the whole psyche wants that the universe will allow.

Realization of the creative potential of love. Not just to inspire poems and such. The ability to generate remembered pleasant sensations and emotional peaks, and more love. And what experimentation validates can be done.

Prideless, complex-less, unconditional love of all beings and even nothing - completely unattached. Love in infinite expanse

Dreaming
My own philosophical theory of dreaming is that the conditions surrounding the sleeper and the thoughts preceding sleeping trigger unfiltered creative associations. This would suggest that some of the dream contents are utterly meaningless. Probably, also, that some of the dream material is a key to the subconscious psyche.

This theory would make it possible to utilize some control over the dream content by focusing on whatever it is you want to dream about immediately before falling asleep. It might result in consciousness during sleeping, even astral travel, to focus on that association before drifting off.

Dreams can unlock any mysteries the filters of the psyche prevent from being unlocked, including the mysteries of enlightened states of mind.
-Archangel Idiotis, leader of an ostrich cult.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: States of enlightenment

Post by WildWolf »

Transcendent states of consciousness, often aren't much use talking about....it gets into the problem of Mental Masturbation vs Direct Gnosis. IMO, its better to point to paths that can lead too Discovery.

Dreaming practice is quite potent. One of the 1st books i was exposed to is the Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. Additionally there are tons of other useful books on the topic....i should probably reassert this part of my training...as it's free time.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

There are three stages of enlightenment for the Earth human:

- control of the mental structure including the soul body (neschama). This requires resolution of personal karma and discharge of certain lower subplane substance according to rules set for this solar system. At this stage the guardian/solar angel start to withdraw as the human is becoming sensitive to monadic energies.

- control of the heart/buddhic structure. This requires renunciation of self-interest

- control of atmic/intent structure. Alignment with cosmic/divine intent is the primary focus.

At this third stage of enlightenment the individual is passing out of the human kingdom although may retain a human body for operation on the physical plane

At each stage the individual is drawn into deeper functional relationship with his/her spiritual peers - not all of which are/were human.

ArchangelIdiotis
Forum Member
Forum Member

two interesting replies, both offering unique insight.

Amor, if you don't mind my asking, where did you come up with your three stage schemata?

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>where did you come up with your three stage schemata?

It is well known in Western esoterics. Basically each inner initiation requires control of the next plane: physical, emotional, mental, buddhic, atmic, monadic, logoic.

The third inner initiation is the first major initiation and hence the first stage of enlightenment. It is called enlightenment because at that stage the human personality is sufficiently refined and aligned that the light of spirit is easily absorbed and transmitted.

Here is "Initiation, Human and Solar" - a text that compares human initiation stages with those of the solar logos

https://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/ihas/index.htm

ArchangelIdiotis
Forum Member
Forum Member

I don't claim to be the most advanced scholar around, but I have studied some Western esoteric thought without coming to the exact same schemata. Maybe I'm exposing my ignorance... I am skeptical only on one point.

Perhaps this isn't what you were attempting to do: it seems as if you are saying all initiation falls into the categories you promote. Or should. I suspect enlightenment is far more diverse than that, even concerning profound and worthwhile initiatory paths.

Interesting Sirius comes up in the book referenced. I've seen that in many, many places.

I try to phrase things: It seems to me because. Not: it is, forever and always. Sometimes I forget to do such.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

The expression I used is "inner initiation" - as compared with physical body rituals

There are inner plane schools, even one for dark path initiates but there are strict standards for all

Dark path initiates work with the manifestation of galaxies. Most of the dark path graduates are not human.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

The Modern Western Esoteric Traditions are hardly unified. The occult aspect of culture is quite diverse in its processes....even within individual traditions there are various ideas about spiritual goals.

Thelema
Chaos Magick
Golden Dawn
Gnosticism
Witchcraft (extremely varied)
Enochian
Bardon
Ordo Templi Orientis
Society of the Inner Light
......etc

-Those from my understanding are some of the big names....dozens of traditions sprout up every year....and of-course Western Culture to this day is still unfolding. You can also go further back and look at all the old Grimoires which a great deal of Western Traditions have sprouted up from as a result.

ArchangelIdiotis
Forum Member
Forum Member

>Transcendent states of consciousness, often aren't much use talking about....it gets into the problem of Mental Masturbation vs Direct Gnosis. IMO, its better to point to paths that can lead to Discovery.

Meditation on emotional control, after perhaps a week of daily 1 hour meditations on focus and nothing. Attempts to increase and decrease emotions of pride, sorrow, fear, love, humiliation, anger, at will.

I am pretty sure this is one of those mind over matter scenarios; it is not very difficult as long as you accept you can do it.

This type of meditation is useful for daily living because if you feel stressed out, you can release stress. If you feel about to lose your temper, you can release anger. If you feel depressed, you can generate love. And so on.

After some amount of emotional control is mastered, a final meditation is used to release all feelings of pride and humiliation, all sorrow, all fear, all anger, and to generate love of everything and nothing; all other emotions are released in this unconditional love (of everything... but paradoxically it is simple state love, love apart from an object or attachment embracing everything because it is still love).

Once this attachment free love is generated, it is easy to achieve focus by releasing the impulsive internal dialogue, simply turning it off. One's supply of love will increase on its own, without need of situational triggers (the presence of loved ones/romantic attachments) or drugs or initiations. And most tasks will come easily.

In my opinion, this is the best path to Discovery for beginners and experienced practitioners alike.

My purpose in listing various enlightened states of mind was to encourage a probability that they would be triggered by their simplification, properly understood by the anonymous audience. Especially during dreaming.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”