Structuring Praxis

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Structuring Praxis

Post by WildWolf »

How to structure your praxis?

This is a qualm i've struggled with since i've started training. There is on;y 24hrs in a day, so how do we choose what to spend our time on? Additionally, there are so many beneficial and cool practices...and so many fields of knowledge to explore....tempting fruits of Gnosis just waiting to be plucked and enjoyed.

I've had some insights in this area, so i though i'd share them with the forum. So far, there are (IMO) 3 dynamics that need to be looked at when choosing praxis.

1. Elemental Constitution
2. Astrological Cycles
3. Power of 3

Elemental Constitution: meaning the natural strengths/affinities that you possess and will find most enriching to train. I can opine on this topic all day...but suffice to say they are there and are reflected in our Astrological chart, the hobbies we enjoy and the careers we pursue. As a practitioner, it's important to learn these core truths about oneself.

Astrological Cycles: In the past, i'd never paid much attention to astrological conditions and praxis and I'm discovering this is a major blindside on my part. When it comes to structuring our praxis, we need to take these things into account. I am not talking particularly about large singular events (though those do influence our training), but rather longer astrological cycles that are constantly creating a rhythm within our small sphere of reality. For example, i've noted through divination, that i'm currently in the midst of a 14 year long cycle where it would be most advantageous to do specific types of practices.

When the cosmic winds are at your back and you see favorable conditions to sail....jump on and go. Doors will open easier than ever. Keep in mind, that other practices may be unfavorable to specific cycles.

Power of 3: there is something magickal about this number.....it helps to get things delivered and keep energy moving. So...choose 3 practices and keep it at that number.

-------------------------------

-Currently, the way i view my 3 praxis structure is planetary. Meaning, the core practice, which is in alignment with the current astrological cycle, is what i put in the center of my praxis solar system (Sun) and then the other 2 practices (planets) which i love, i have circulating around the core. This setup is quite potent. At the end of a cycle, i will switch out that Sun or Core Practice with what is advantageous with the next cycle and keep my 2 planets the same.

-Still exploring this style of training and will be for awhile. If i have anymore deep insights i'll probably update here. Cheers to those doing the work.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Structuring Praxis

Post by Amor »

Initially I did the meditation I was taught, typically 3 or 4 times a day.

After perhaps 5 years, while meditating, for a week, each morning I was shown a different technique.

The basic mantra meditation has remained with the new light/intent skills applied in situations that seem suitable.

These days, occasionally I still get new/variation techniques suggested through brain thoughts/images

Quite often during the day I will be prompted to some energy/consciousness/intent work

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Amor wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:45 pm Initially I did the meditation I was taught, typically 3 or 4 times a day.

After perhaps 5 years, while meditating, for a week, each morning I was shown a different technique.

The basic mantra meditation has remained with the new light/intent skills applied in situations that seem suitable.

These days, occasionally I still get new/variation techniques suggested through brain thoughts/images

Quite often during the day I will be prompted to some energy/consciousness/intent work
There's always deeper levels and layers to explore. I think that's one of the funnest things about the path....getting knocked back to lvl 1.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

An update on the Astrological part of this post.

I talked a bit about the Long-term astrological influences (cycles..etc) on cultivation, but i am now gaining a deeper understanding of the daily effects of these phenomena. Since i've started practicing Meditation, daily training and its importance for advancement was drilled into my psyche and as a result, i've trained religiously. However, that flavor of Linear thinking, must be tapered with an understanding of the constant waves of cosmic power that are rippling through our reality and how they interact with daily work.

Just as certain practices are favorable in Long-term cycles, during the day to day training, you gotta be attuned to what's going on and train accordingly. To give context, the current cyclical practice (Sun) that i'm doing, is energetically Yin, yet i've noticed that in all the days so far, there hasn't been a single time where it was unfavorable too the point that i felt resistance.

On the other hand, other practices outside of the central position, need to be coordinated more carefully, otherwise i can miss the wave and find it very difficult to develop "momentum" for the day. It's strange...when you try to do practices, in an energetic atmosphere that is non-conducive ....you tend to run into a wall of internal resistance....things just get stuck and its like pulling teeth. When you force things in inauspicious situations.....it takes 20 lbs of effort to move a 1lb weight.

On the other hand, if your doing a practice that is aligned with the Long-term cycle, it almost does the work itself. I was in the shower before writing this post and without even realizing it, i started to do my Yin practices. The ball needs very little effort to be kept rolling.

Of-course, this information is not particularly useful, if you don't have the proper framework for your intentions (chosen practices).

What i've gotten into the habit of doing, is the day before next, i'll do a couple seconds of stillness meditation and ask/intuit, "what the best times are for me to do my other practices (outside of the solar)? So far, it has pulled through every time.

I'll keep experimenting and sharing my thoughts as it flows. In the past my approach has been to just "Will" myself to do my training everyday....but life is more complicated that just your own intentions. There is a subtle dance going on between you and all other cosmic forces.....and if you pay attention....that dance is a watershed for tremendous insight and opportunity.

Caliban
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caliban »

The short answer is another question: "What are you trying to achieve?" But like most Socratic rejoinders, it's not especially helpful. So here are some general thoughts.

If you really want to pursue a deeper understanding and practice of magic, it has to be given priority in your daily life. It needn't be all that you do, but give it space, and keep that space for it. In a physical sense, this is a sanctum or temple (ideally) or at least (much more practically) an altar. Anything, really, CAN have symbolic value on an altar, but nothing ought to be there without a specific reason to be, connected to your spiritual work. You don't use it as a crap-catcher for phone chargers, junk mail, ashtrays, roach clips or car keys. And one useful trick is to have at lease ONE element in place - whether incense, a bowl of water you keep fresh, or flowers or food offerings or whatever - that receives attention once every day.

As the temple (ideal) or altar (practical) is to space, we also need a way to set aside some time.

I have, from time to time, chanced to find myself in circumstances, without any other pressing obligations, that very nearly met the requirements of a magical retreat, of the sort described in The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, and had the resources and interest to dive deep into my studies, and - boy, howdy! - was that instructive and productive.

But mostly, we are carving out time from other duties, to family, friends and partners, to employment, and to the necessary business of getting on with everyday life - what Baba Ram Dass called "chopping wood & carrying water". The trick with staying in the zone, even when dealing with these seeming obstacles or irrelevancies - and it is far easier said than done - is to pursue them mindfully. Play little games with yourself finding the metaphysical principals embodied in mundane tasks. Remind yourself that all of this, the world around us and the people in it - is part of the whole shebang.

Finding even an hour a day for uninterrupted study or practice can be difficult. Take it where you can get it. One useful hack, from olden times, was to use the period, after one has been asleep for a while, but has woken up to use the bathroom. Before you go back to bed - if you aren't deep in sleep deficit, and can usefully stay awake for a bit - instead of (or, perhaps, alongside) a midnight snack, go ahead and use that quiet time for your magical studies. This is the practical origin of the notion of "the witching hour."

As far as personal aptitudes and affinities go, a word of cautionary advice: it is easy to play to one's strengths - and, as far as getting a particular result, asap, is concerned, may well be the way to go. But it is useful to also slog through the things one is not naturally inclined toward, to keep development balanced, and maybe even discover where those inhibitions come from, and if not overcome them completely, at least develop some useful strategies for working past them at need.

I could say more - Gemini rising, yo - but this is a good start, so I'll leave it at that, for now.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Caliban wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:04 pm The short answer is another question: "What are you trying to achieve?" But like most Socratic rejoinders, it's not especially helpful. So here are some general thoughts.

If you really want to pursue a deeper understanding and practice of magic, it has to be given priority in your daily life. It needn't be all that you do, but give it space, and keep that space for it. In a physical sense, this is a sanctum or temple (ideally) or at least (much more practically) an altar. Anything, really, CAN have symbolic value on an altar, but nothing ought to be there without a specific reason to be, connected to your spiritual work. You don't use it as a crap-catcher for phone chargers, junk mail, ashtrays, roach clips or car keys. And one useful trick is to have at lease ONE element in place - whether incense, a bowl of water you keep fresh, or flowers or food offerings or whatever - that receives attention once every day.

As the temple (ideal) or altar (practical) is to space, we also need a way to set aside some time.

I have, from time to time, chanced to find myself in circumstances, without any other pressing obligations, that very nearly met the requirements of a magical retreat, of the sort described in The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, and had the resources and interest to dive deep into my studies, and - boy, howdy! - was that instructive and productive.

But mostly, we are carving out time from other duties, to family, friends and partners, to employment, and to the necessary business of getting on with everyday life - what Baba Ram Dass called "chopping wood & carrying water". The trick with staying in the zone, even when dealing with these seeming obstacles or irrelevancies - and it is far easier said than done - is to pursue them mindfully. Play little games with yourself finding the metaphysical principals embodied in mundane tasks. Remind yourself that all of this, the world around us and the people in it - is part of the whole shebang.

Finding even an hour a day for uninterrupted study or practice can be difficult. Take it where you can get it. One useful hack, from olden times, was to use the period, after one has been asleep for a while, but has woken up to use the bathroom. Before you go back to bed - if you aren't deep in sleep deficit, and can usefully stay awake for a bit - instead of (or, perhaps, alongside) a midnight snack, go ahead and use that quiet time for your magical studies. This is the practical origin of the notion of "the witching hour."

As far as personal aptitudes and affinities go, a word of cautionary advice: it is easy to play to one's strengths - and, as far as getting a particular result, asap, is concerned, may well be the way to go. But it is useful to also slog through the things one is not naturally inclined toward, to keep development balanced, and maybe even discover where those inhibitions come from, and if not overcome them completely, at least develop some useful strategies for working past them at need.

I could say more - Gemini rising, yo - but this is a good start, so I'll leave it at that, for now.
Yeah...learning to "hold space" for training is of deep importance. Society and life in general throws so much "stuff" at us....that it can take some time to develop that "sorting ability", to create an atmosphere to pursue one's studies. There is a reason why many seekers in the past renounced worldly means and became monks.....its to create the optimal situation for spiritual pursuits....though that is a bit extreme for most people.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Mostly I just meditate twice daily and the practical work just arrives - either in meditation or in situations I meet.

If I am too hopeless at the task I am given thought-images.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Meditation - is the foundation for all other practices and all other arts, imho.
All other arts can be discovered/uncovered through meditation, with some patience and focus.
Although.. Meditation can be discovered and uncovered too, from some other end.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Amor wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:11 am Mostly I just meditate twice daily and the practical work just arrives - either in meditation or in situations I meet.

If I am too hopeless at the task I am given thought-images.
Yea, there are many ways you can structure your practice. The above is just the way that i have found most optimal at this point in my training. Basically, the idea of having 3 basic practices and timing them accordingly everyday.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cerber wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:33 pm Meditation - is the foundation for all other practices and all other arts, imho.
All other arts can be discovered/uncovered through meditation, with some patience and focus.
Although.. Meditation can be discovered and uncovered too, from some other end.
The path is a wild place, but its definitely hard to do any training.....without the Mind.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

WildWolf wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 pm The path is a wild place, but its definitely hard to do any training.....without the Mind.
Especially without a quiet mind.
One needs a rather quiet a mind to hear trees speak, or what else can one do, when lost in a deep woods, with no one else around to ask for directions, but trees?

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

A small update.

On a more subtle level....once you have a basic, overall structure for your practice....there is the question of how much time you should allot for each. As a chronic over-trainer.....tempering my enthusiasm has always been a struggle. However, as i'm continuing my work and gradually learning to structure them better.....i've started to see training through a similar lens as weight lifting.

On days and Off Days. Giving time for Lifting and Recovering. Contracting and Stretching to maintain balance....etc. Too much practice can live you in a state of perpetual chi sickness.

Having the patience for Recovery is not something that i've found easy....but rest is also part of training and a useful tool for fine-tuning your curriculum. Sigh....can't say i have any final insights on this....as i'm still trying to figure out the proper rhythm for myself.....but the basic idea is there for usage. Cheers.
[bored]

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

A nugget that i picked up on cycles.

Cycles are tremendous opportunities for training, whatever dimension they activate. Yet, they also can be tremendously challenging, if the force being activated, is a "stuck" part of your kingdom.

For example, lets say that your in an Astrological Cycle that stimulates your Shadow. If you've got lots of stagnation and muck held up in that part of your energy body....that activation is an opportunity to clean out the shed....but if caught unprepared by this shift.....it will likely be crippling. The energy will hit your system and you'll potentially fall too pieces.

Look for the Pros and Cons of every cycle and a do your best to "smooth" things out. Getting caught unprepared, is not fun.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Power of 3.....i've been rolling this over in my mind today....as i suddenly wanted to add a 4th orb to my rotation. It really seems that shifting the number will altar the benefits your receive. 3 gives a great momentum, while 4 adds a kind of Mountainous Stability to praxis. The tradeoff should be judged carefully and the pros and cons measured....sigh.

Some numbers like 5 are just chaotic and you don't want them to be a presence at all. I'll likely do a thread on this 4th practice later. Cheers.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

A couple thoughts on praxis.

I recalled a quote from my 1st teacher's book, where he was struggling with training....and his teacher told him: "you can't climb up a smooth mountain".

I've been through many trials on my path (past and present)....but it's a difficult thing for me to make peace....that the arrow sticking out of my torso, causing me to bleed out....is an important part of growth.

That being said...not many people get involved with this stuff, because life is going so well. Usually, it's because there is a splintering pain, something telling you that things aren't right. Looking back....this checks out on my own path....things were not fun....and if my youth was all roses and sunshine....my life would be a lot different than it is now.

This also checks out, in the Buddhist Wheel of Life mythos. Beings at the topic of the Wheel, are in a constant state of pleasure and don't get much done.....while those at the bottom are in a constant state of suffering and thus can't hang either. Yet those, somewhere in the middle, like human incarnation....where its not too much pleasure or pain.....can manage to evolve in some degree.

These things are easy to contemplate intellectually....but when your in one of those Million Dollar Baby situations....and life is really railing you hard....sigh...the path doesn't feel quite right.

Primordially speaking though....it does seem like pain and pleasure are this kind of potent polarity-potion, that is needed to generate momentum on the path. In the initial post, i mentioned astrological cycles and how they are a wind at your back in certain areas of training.....yet what i'm discovering, is that this wind is not always a "comfortable" breeze....but can be a biting cold....that spurs you on all the same.

Ultimately....this comes down to Praxis....this pain-pleasure tonic....if we look at training as a whole....how can we take into account these ruthless forces of reality and utilize them to our conscious benefit....rather than being unconsciously, whipped like a slave on the Wheel.

Sigh.....still trying to figure this out.....but so far....it seems like the greater Wisdom you acquire....the more you can experience temporary pain and ride that wave to higher levels of expression.....the greater your Wisdom...the higher the threshold of suffering you can bear and use that power to weave your fate. Absorb all of the ruthless and merciless forces of reality, to stir of pot of your own evolution.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

It is interesting, how one's Mentality influences Praxis. When i was in my late teens, had just started training and experiencing the benefits.....the spiritual path became priority 1. Now....many years later....as i am getting older.....spiritual training is still very important to me....yet i am seeing it in a wider perspective and put it behind many other parts of my life.

I've taken on the view....based on all my Gnosis so far....that there is an "eternity" ahead of me.....and there's no need to jam my foot on the gas everyday. Relax and do a bit of training daily.....and thus grow a bit at a time.....drop the nukes....and chill.

Training is great....but life is also meant to be enjoyed.....so tone down the Asceticism and flow on.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

I am a bit of a Star Wars nerd....and was going through some old videos on the lore. In the lore, there is the emphasis on the Light/Dark Side and also the middle Grey Jedi (Qui-Gonn, Ahsoka, Kyle Katarn....etc). The Grey Jedi are known for ignoring both extremes of the force and following the Will of the Force.....meaning the primordial pulse of existence.....the primordial fabric/power. So in theory.....if your in-tune with the "Will of the Force"....your flowing in harmony with the ultimate Godhead. Naturally....flowing in harmony with this power, would have its advantages.

Moving away from fantasy.....I thought about this from the perspective of Practical Mysticism. If in the Star Wars lore....the Force is the primordial "Mover" of reality.....what is the equivalent, in the actual reality we live within? So far, IME, consciousness seems to be the "raw material" of reality (animism) and there is no subtler substantive mover. What is the Will of Consciousness? The primordial impulse of this raw fabric? It is an interesting topic for Divination and I would encourage others to explore this question. So far, my insights lead me to the conclusion...that the "Will of Consciousness" is to express itself.

Expression....if this Is the primordial will.....then how do we harmonize ourselves with that pulse? The goal of...."expressing oneself skillfully", appears to be a simple, but cogent answer.

These questions are one big Rabbit Hole, that I am still diving into.....but the whole exploration has slightly shifted my feelings on Mysticism, Magick and Traversing the Great Way. Naturally....the potential ripple effects of how this Gnosis will affect actual Praxis....is too deep to yet fathom. Anyways...gonna keep digging.....I imagine I'll have more to say on this later.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Jason Louv gives some great insights on structuring praxis (first 30 min) in this episode. Youtube keeps ad bombing these episodes (conspiracy?), so I just listen on Spotify now. Link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqjJdGj5Pqc

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Another note on Mentality and Praxis.

I went hiking with family today, in Canyons nearby. Its a beautiful site and there's quite bit of rock erosion present....where you can see, viscerally, the pattern of Wind and Water on the stones.

I saw this one giant stone.....that had rivers of erosion lines spread across. You could tell that the stone had been slowly shaped over the course of hundreds and even thousands of years. Observing this....I began to think of this erosion in terms of Time and Cultivation. The context of most people's life, is Birth, then 120+ years (max) and finally death. Yet when we consider spirituality, we can prescribe things to past lives and try to look beyond the current confines. Unfortunately, even with that knowledge, it is difficult to "act" out our lives in this incarnation context. The depth of Gnosis we must attain, in order to live out that truth....its a challenge. My biological impulses and cultural programming....are always telling me of the approaching "end" and "rushing" me down the road.

I sat down at a land vortex in the area and meditated on this topic. Sat with my HGA and asked him what his perspective on my reality is? The conversation that came through in my meditation.....is that when he looks at my "reality"....he sees my existence like a filing cabinet...and each incarnation is a folder in that cabinet. At the same time.....when he looks at all of these folders in order.....he knows me as a "line of energy", that moves across incarnations/folders and that my energy changes quality (density, color and flow) with each folder. This was an interesting visual.....and I asked him that, if this is a "truth" then how can I live/act from this truth? How can I experience this, as viscerally as him and all my attitudes about life be informed by this Gnosis? For all my experience....I feel like the majority of my life is acted out from the 120 yr context. It would be freeing too the extreme, if I could expand this view.

Additionally, I've noted in previous posts....that when it comes to training....patience Is not my strong suit and I can aggressively attack my path, in ways that are "over-the-top". Seeing the weathering process off that stone....and perceiving the gradual and unhurried "Way" of Nature's cycles....I couldn't help but feel a bit of admiration and desire. Desire to become as patient, as the Wind and Water and admiration of the subtle flow in there cycles. I would like to have these abilities (temperament) and allow them to inform my praxis and existence. To have the freeing Gnosis of each incarnation as a part.....so that the existential "rush"....off Life/Death, may relax and I can treat each incarnation as a gradual weathering and refining process.....the same as Stone. A goal to work toward. Picture of the stone, attached.
Attachments
Stone .jpeg

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Returning to the more rooted levels of Praxis......from what I've seen....Mantric arts, is one of the most streamlined ways of training. Love and Respect....to the deceased Mark Griffith, via Hard Light Center. They put out certain techniques, that helped me understand key sound structures and using them to refine/direct training....long before I was capable of perceiving that Gnosis directly.

To give an example, I started tinkering around with Shiva Tech (lore) and a very popular key sound of his is: "Om Namaha Shivaya"

Looking at this mantra from the Shiva current....I broke it down and determined what the actual internal effects of the mantra are (generally speaking).

OM: General cleansing of the aura
Namaha: Gentle cleansing of the root that preps for kundalini absorption
Shivaya: Aggressive cleansing of the 3rd Eye

When you string all of these keys together, you get a unique cocktail (energy form) that is of deep value. On a personal level, if you have a deep enough knowledge of a sacred alphabet....you can create a unique mantra, that is attuned to your constitution and thus hit every note on the Piano that is needed for your growth. Many Gurus, give unique key sounds to each student.

Going back to the Planetary Structure in this thread....if you have your 2 core practices on the orbits and the central astrological Sphere.....theoretically....you can create a series of key sounds that stimulate each planet. Have your 2 standard powers (currents, practices...etc) that you wish to train for eternity...then fill in a key sound, according to the cycle and make it so it harmonizes with the whole Mantra.

As a result.....your training can be streamlined to the max. The only challenge I've noted with Mantra, is that it is projective in nature, so your "using" energy too trigger "shifts"...rather than....gradually building up power with other techniques, like Breath and Energy Work. People are often, already exhausted and as a result...."Projective Practices"....may be difficult to approach. One solution...is learning to say the key sounds in there optimal rhythm and flow.....thus enabling a deeper activation of the energy body. That being said....it takes time and intention, to get attuned enough too a mantra and thus be able to "roll with" the energy of said sound.

Anyways.....the innovation of key sounds is phenomenal and worth exploring for personal praxis. I'm surprised I haven't heard of Coyotes playing round with said Tech. >:D

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Upon writing the last post.....I couldn't resist the idea, off developing mantric tech, that Is attuned too Coyotes (Chaos Magi). What kind of forces would a coyote be interested in cultivating? The answer I got back: Perceiving the truth of reality, Occult Knowledge and Immortality.

After receiving these insights, I started developing a sequence, that hit all 3 of these notes: "O Man Zin"

O: 3rd eye
Man: Astral Body (Rasta pronunciation)
Zin: Void Nexus near the feet

Anyways, I am really just putting this out here for fun....while I know the general "tech" of this key....I've yet to tinker with it too deeply....for those whom might want to have fun....sit and meditate on the mantra (spirit allies...etc) and gain insight into how to properly move the sounds/energy, speak the keys and thus get the maximum effect out the training. Every mantra (so far IME) has its own flow.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Theomagica (Frater Archer) has some good stuff....I rememeber taking particular inspiration from his HGA articles when I was a young Magi.

He talks in this article, about Medical Healing.....and developing principles for engaging with clients.....I don't do much healing work anymore....but it's given me a bit to think about, in regards to magick in general....and how I can create a formal system for examining my own workings. [devil]

https://theomagica.com/blog/do-you-know ... ical-ethos

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

WildWolf wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:44 pm A nugget that i picked up on cycles.

Cycles are tremendous opportunities for training, whatever dimension they activate. Yet, they also can be tremendously challenging, if the force being activated, is a "stuck" part of your kingdom.

For example, lets say that your in an Astrological Cycle that stimulates your Shadow. If you've got lots of stagnation and muck held up in that part of your energy body....that activation is an opportunity to clean out the shed....but if caught unprepared by this shift.....it will likely be crippling. The energy will hit your system and you'll potentially fall too pieces.

Look for the Pros and Cons of every cycle and a do your best to "smooth" things out. Getting caught unprepared, is not fun.
Recent experiences, have further enforced my view on this matter.....if your energy body, is at odds with the Astrological Cycle....your life can turn into a hell-scape. Take care to manage these affairs.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Shadow Offloading

A dynamic that I haven't seen discussed much, is the relationship between Shadow and Upper Planes (Qlippoth vs Tree, Underworld vs Above....etc) My initial foundation in occultism, came from energy cultivation....and it surprises me that the overt mechanics between these 2 aspects of the Microcosm/Macrocosm, were never explained....as a lack of harmony between the 2 overarching spheres, can cause severe harm. Shadow being the aspect of self below the feet and the Upper Planes being all dimensions Feet and Above.

The following are 2 general rules of thumb, I've pieced together based on my experiences.

1. Shadow cultivation (cleansing, healing, opening channels....etc) increases calm and stability in the Upper. (physical, etheric, astral...etc)
2. Tree cultivation, done regularly without paying attention to the Shadow Dimensions.....will eventually cause Imbalance.

I first came to understand the Shadow through doing healing work for others...people with addictions, temperamental challenges and having chronic issues, with there life, "falling apart"....I noticed that imbalances in the shadow were routinely a factor needing address. I would later learn, that by doing intensive upper world cultivation and building internal power....you eventually create a counter-swing in the Underworld/Shadow that needs addressing. From a mechanical perspective, you can look at it as the + and - poles of a battery. If you don't address both spheres....your path will plateau and you'll be unable to grow further.

Ultimately, the point of this post, is to say that....this is a relationship or dimension of praxis....that should be kept in mind and checked in on every once in awhile. If you ignore this principal.....it will bite you in the ass....hard....and will not release its grip until you make the adjustments.

The only occult source I've seen mention this dynamic, is of the "Darker" quality via The Temple of the Ascending Flame. In "Visions of the Night Side" by Asenath Mason...they mention that those whom pursue Qliphothic training have an easier time when it comes to approaching higher "energetic states".

"An initiate of the Tree of Life, where all seems coherent and logical, and the path leads from one concrete point to another, will be confronted with the Qliphoth when they reach the Abyss. Until then the map seems clear........Then, while preparing to ascend to the highest triad on the tree, Binah (Understanding), Chokmah (Wisdom) and Kether (Crown), the adept is suddenly thrown into the Abyss to confront their personal darkness, the Shadow within. There we will have to face everything we have ever rejected, repressed, or refused to notice. All of it, with no exceptions, and all at the same time.

This is a harsh and traumatic ordeal, and actually, there are very few accounts of magicians who succeeded in this initiatory test. It is the direct experience of the Void, the tremendous, infinite force that exists as the timeless ocean, containing all worlds and universe, destroying them in every moment and creating anew. For the adept of the Qliphotic path, the experience of the Abyss is believed to be less traumatic, and we are better prepared for what awaits us there, as we confront, conquer and absorb our personal Shadow on each successive level of the path."
(Visions of the Nightside, pg 15)

My understanding of the reason why it is easier for people whom have done lots of Shadow work to approach higher energetic states, is pointed to in the title of this post: Shadow Offloading.

When your Shadow is in proper relation with the Upper Worlds and you approach mystical states that set the body aflame.....the power that hits your system, which it cannot endure for long....will be naturally offloaded through the feet and into the Shadow. The Shadow by its nature....is infinite in its capacity absorb and circulate power....while the Upper-Planes of our Microcosm can be easily overloaded. Additionally, by doing regular shadow work, you allow the Upper Planes to become denser and have a stronger capacity to handle ecstatic states and everyday training.

While this topic does flow into advance spheres of training and is less relavant to beginners....that doesn't prevent the noob from getting bent over a barrel and screwed by latent imbalances (there's so much that can go wrong). Take the time and check in on potential issues in this area....even for those just starting off.....dig holes...and create a stable foundation for the path forward.

A couple other sources I've noted that make allusions to this principal:

-"My adepts stand upright; their head above the heavens, their feet below the hells." Aleister Crowley

-It's said that when you complete Knowledge and Conversation with your HGA....in the next step your forced to summon Demons of hell in order to bind and bring those forces into alignment with your Kingdom. I believe this is due to similar concerns of balancing the above and below.

For those whom it may interest, Frater Archer does a brief intro to the Qliphoth at the link below and I highly recommend Visions of the Nightside, quite a good bit gnosis in that book. In the future I may have to purchase there book on the Qliphoth. The realm of the Shadow is one of the most unexplored aspects of the current Occulture.....and its my opinion, that there are innumerable treasures waiting to be discovered in its dark recesses. Keep diving, keep exploring.

https://theomagica.com/on-the-nature-of-the-qlippoth

-That's all for now, I hope this post was useful in giving some tips/trick for orienting praxis. Cheers.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

A small praxis update. I've finally surrendered, to the flow of the stars.

Still doing my 3 planet structure....yet I've eliminated every planet from my daily praxis, except that which is centrally active in the current astrological cycle. The 2 other planets, I will do them randomly, rather than daily. So they are still in my "training chart"....but the focal point of all my daily work, is on the central sun.

There are many reasons to adopt this more leisurely structure....but one such reason that stands out most....is that I'm getting older, more relaxed and less "strained" about my cultivation. Energy is flowing easier and this feels like a more stable model (long term). It occurred to me....that from a Wheel Sorcery perspective....if you do too much "straining" and difficult training in one incarnation, it may create a counterbalance in the next life-time. We'll see, cheers.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”