Will & Love

Rumpelstilzchen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Will & Love

Post by Rumpelstilzchen »

Will is the force of creation and Love the force that relates (unites) its manifestations.

Will has no cause, nor can it be deduced from effects – Will is cause and effect, both are united through Love.

Will is absolute – unless subjected to morals & purpose, or otherwise adulterated.

Will cannot be willed, as there are no two Wills.

Seeking the origins of Will and the construction plans of creation is seeking to avoid self-responsibility.

There are lots of talks about free will, usually motivated by the hope to get wishes fulfilled, but where there is Will there are neither wishes nor hopes.

Where Will is divided, weaknesses arise.

The force of Will & Love might be measured through weaknesses, but woe him who tries to measure it.

The force of Will & Love expresses as harmony, beauty & joy – the lack of it as discontinuity, sadness and filth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Will & Love

Post by Amor »

If Will is the force of creation, is there a more subtle energy/intelligence such as Intent?

In the Hindu tradition, occasionally Existence disappears and there is Pralaya - until Beingness decides to manifest itself again as Existence. Perhaps the ultimate Intent is in Beingness

Of course there is still the question of whether Beingness is qualified by will, love, intelligence or some quality unknown to humans

Rumpelstilzchen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Will & Love are forces arising from the inter/extrapolation dynamic of ConsciousNess.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Perhaps the issue is the nature of force itself - energy pushing on an object.

Are there layers of Existence in which force does not occur? If so there must be motivators that are not forceful.

It seems to me that Intent is peaceful - as in resting one's intent upon an outcome

Rumpelstilzchen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hindu & Buddhist philosophies & cosmologies offer plenty of answers to your questions

Thelema does not bear on peace and passivities - see its "Book of the Law" - https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

I like to think of myself as a spiritual scientist so texts are not so useful.

I am more into observation, hypothesis and experiment.

Sometimes I have competent humans around and they provide the peer review to some of my experiments. Often I have them repeat my experiments so that I can observe whether results are influenced by the nature of the experimenter. For example different humans use different types/sources of Light.

Lord Ruthven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lord Ruthven »

I think seeing Will as an abnegation of self - that it is some grander plot apart from your will with a small 'w' is a mistake.

Essentially I would argue Will is always willed by those who know themselves well.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Reminds me of Crowley....it from his Book of the Law?

Return to “Thelema”