Hi, any of you from occultforums.com from 20 yrs ago?

Announce your presence, if you will.

DarlaMay
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi, any of you from occultforums.com from 20 yrs ago?

Post by DarlaMay »

I googled today trying to find if someone might've brought back that incredible wealth of knowledge from way back then, and it led me to here. I'm sure a lot of old members from then won't find it to here, or are no longer physically with us anyway (RIP, IAM (Bob H)), but that was such a wonderful place for learning and discussing metaphysics, and I've not seen another forum of that caliber since. I'm crossing my fingers this is it. Thank you for allowing me to join and check it out.

Darla

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hi, any of you from occultforums.com from 20 yrs ago?

Post by WildWolf »

Yeah, had a buddy named phore with a journal there. Quite inspiring.
Last edited by WildWolf on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Welcome!
20 years back I was only a teen..

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

I doubt it. The oldest members I can tell range to ~5 years ago. The forum kinda blinked out for a bit once Desecrated left.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The forum was abandoned by staff as I recall. The fact that Desecrated departed around, although mostly prior I believe, was merely incidental.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I am, the last couple of posts seem confused and are discussing the .org, aka: this site.

OF.com was the bollox, I learned so much there and met some wild, interesting and strange people there.

I was Eretik thenabouts. So many subjects open to everyone, with a goldmine of info and practical knowledge.

Nahemah now, ex admin here. I know what happened to make me leave here, but I'm not into raking over old coals, unless it's necessary.

The former owner had the database for the old OF.com, we used to have some of it accessible here, but I don't know what happened since I left, so it may still be out there somewhere.

I'm still friends with some folk I met there and from Occult Corpus way back too.

P.S.I'm ancient.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Nahemah wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 pm P.S.I'm ancient.
Hi ancient!
LTNS ;)

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I'm from 20 years ago.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hi Kath,

It's grand to see you here. It has been too long, I'd say. [yay]

I was catching up on posts and noticed you, I was on here reading where you posted and spotted your reply.

Mon the syncronicity, or serendipity or summat like that [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Sentinus93
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sentinus93 »

Yes, I remember Bob.. and Nylad and Doh! and OnionPencil, Nakki Bean.. the names are coming back to me!

I was the one that got the ball rolling back in the day for us all to meet up, were you there for the bash we had in Florida? There were like mebbe 8-12 of us that showed up. Then we did it again about a year later - I rented a cabin in North Georgia and Doh! and her clan showed up, Laura [OP}, myself and my partner; I still have pictures from that trip.

I remember there was a young lady from New Zealand that made the trip for the Florida bash.

I remember Bob's passing too, by that time we had moved to Tennessee & I found out too late that he had only lived about 20 miles from me. When I heard that his sister/wife/someone threw away all his gear.. dang. Would have been something to have had a memento from Ol' Bob, he was a righteous old dude. I miss him still.

I dunno if this site is still hosted by the same guy [Eric mebbe?], someone up in NY or the North East somewhere as I recall. Seems like we were having stability problems with the site; I sent dude $100 and told him to say 'f*** it' and go to the bar, get drunk. You deserve it..' or something to that effect.

Yeah, 20 years ago.. long time gone.
Doubt I'll be around long if I don't run across anybody I remember. Life is like that, it goes on; with or without any participation. Nice to see the shadow of a ghost of what the old OF was like, even if it's just in passing.

93's
"Make the world a better place because you have lived in it."
- Edward Bok

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I didn't stumble upon this place 'til around 2014, and soon after started experimenting with magic and altered states and wrote a lot of nonsensical stuff with a very small edit window, which otherwise may have been deleted, or at least edited.

Everyone is complaining about the old-style forums being slow/dead these days. I don't care and just continue to do my thing when I feel like it, here and there.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:23 am I didn't stumble upon this place 'til around 2014, and soon after started experimenting with magic and altered states and wrote a lot of nonsensical stuff with a very small edit window, which otherwise may have been deleted, or at least edited.

Everyone is complaining about the old-style forums being slow/dead these days. I don't care and just continue to do my thing when I feel like it, here and there.
Everything that's not constantly kicking and screaming can seem "dead" to many people, which is understandable. Maybe in part because Facebook, Twitter and the likes, we got addicted to being constantly overloaded with social noise.
It's all personal preference, of course, but it's far easier to hear own thoughts in a quiet places.

All our virtual friends aren't real friends anyway, we are all just travellers, strangers passing by and trading stories on this crossroad.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

StudioArcanis has been off the radar for a few days now : file not found(404 error). Just prior to that they were having server certificate issues. Not sure what's up with that, but I've also been going there on occasion. SIN is doing okay and has an active mod - a pretty girl. They just banned someone who never admits fault and goes on and on about MGTOW and Satanists being born and not made. I told them to come here, but I doubt they will.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Nahemah wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 pm I am, the last couple of posts seem confused and are discussing the .org, aka: this site.
I didn't pay the ".com" extension any mind, and wasn't at all "confused" about it since in order for me to have been "confused" I would had to have actually 'thought about it'. Which I didn't.

If on the other hand you meant they were confusing given the intended context to the appropriate users, i.e. it was important enough that they actually gave it some thought, then I agree, it could be.

Lord Ruthven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lord Ruthven »

Yes, I was there, 3000 years ago. *stares half-elfily into the middle distance*

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cool to see all the re-birthing going on in the forum. I look forward to the future growth of the site.

Lord-dragool
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lord-dragool »

I was there and a moderator 20 years ago. I do miss the old cree and still talk to one or two.
I only just found my way here hoping this is as friendly and welcoming to an old druid

Lord Ruthven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lord Ruthven »

Lord Dragool! I remember you.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

blindwake wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:57 pm I doubt it. The oldest members I can tell range to ~5 years ago. The forum kinda blinked out for a bit once Desecrated left.
It was a combination of things aside from the fact that an occult forum is niche anyway and possibly many just lost interest. There was an ongoing evolutionary boom in alternate and more mundane forms of social media. The staff was approaching and eventually had arrived at non-existence coupled with this mentally ill person that was allowed free reign plastering truckloads of random garbage all over the place that the few remaining active users had to put up with or attempt to ignore.

If Desecrated is to be mentioned then I could also point out that Shawn Blackwolfe and Hound left as well. I know there was a lot of controversy concerning his "code", but aside from that he was an active and interesting/knowledgeable user.

The_Spiral, Haeleos, Corvidus, Nahemah, Napoli(popped back in recently), and Stukov are all just as well worth mentioning as Desecrated, although Desecrated had been around for quite a while and was one of the more active and sensible users of that time.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Some of those old ones do pass by, once in a long while, but they keep missing each other, so they don't stick around, unfortunately.

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

Spida wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:48 pm If Desecrated is to be mentioned then I could also point out that Shawn Blackwolfe and Hound left as well. I know there was a lot of controversy concerning his "code", but aside from that he was an active and interesting/knowledgeable user.
I have been summoned.

Lord-dragool
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lord-dragool »

Lord Ruthven wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:30 am Lord Dragool! I remember you.
Hello old friend. If only forbidden was here we would have the Lord crew back 😁

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Hound wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:12 pm
I have been summoned.
I know right, how's that for results? I'm just to name a few other than "Desecrated" that I (even if only vaguely) recall as either significantly magical, mystical, intellectual, or just plain beautiful.

I did like SB and I'm sure I've uttered his name around the house here on various occasions and I believe I do recall the "Hound" as being one of his allies.

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

Spida wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:45 amI know right, how's that for results? I'm just to name a few other than "Desecrated" that I (even if only vaguely) recall as either significantly magical, mystical, intellectual, or just plain beautiful.

I did like SB and I'm sure I've uttered his name around the house here on various occasions and I believe I do recall the "Hound" as being one of his allies.
Shawn and I ran into each other frequently back when I was actively using the forum. Was never interested in the code, but he was a very fascinating person to say the least. We ended up talking a small bit privately on occasion, which over time turned into more of a yearly phone tag of "Hey, you alive?" - "Yeah".

Reading this did encourage me to try and reach out to him again this year, but having gone back to the one site that I knew he frequented I was unable to locate his profile. Not sure where he is these days.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Hound wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:26 pm Shawn and I ran into each other frequently back when I was actively using the forum. Was never interested in the code, but he was a very fascinating person to say the least. We ended up talking a small bit privately on occasion, which over time turned into more of a yearly phone tag of "Hey, you alive?" - "Yeah".

Reading this did encourage me to try and reach out to him again this year, but having gone back to the one site that I knew he frequented I was unable to locate his profile. Not sure where he is these days.
He did message me back around 2017 and invited me to some site where he was at, but I didn't have much luck navigating the place and wanted to get on with the writing. I have seen traces of him here and there but not for a while. He is getting up there a bit in age now as well but given his enthusiasm you might be inclined to think longevity would be on his side.

I'd like to think that he could very well still be somewhere enjoying his cappuccinos every morning, but just currently happens to be venturing down different or more isolated paths than us.

Return to “Introductions”