Becoming an acolyte of death

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Becoming an acolyte of death

Post by babakoto_pazuzu »

One of my frustrations with spirituality is that the most popular spiritual paths tend to satisfy a fear of death in favor of immortality. I am personally interested in actively accelerating the death process in the world. By death process I'm not referring to the state of deadness, but the act of dying. Rather than hold onto life, I would like to embrace the becoming that death allows us to experience. I have no desire to retain the life that I currently have, I want the continual process of becoming to unfold, and this is only possible by aiming toward death, not as a singularity but as a continuous act.

It seems to me that religious practices are usually a search for some way to achieve immortality, not in the sense of living eternally in this world as a changing organism but living with god in god's world where change has ceased and time is over. This is exactly contrary to what my goals are. Change is exactly what I'm trying to increase and accelerate, but not to the degree of absolute destruction. I aim to accelerate change by continuously adapting and contributing to the processes that are currently ongoing in the symbolic structures that are in place. This necessarily means embracing the death of gods and the reintegration of their constituent pieces into new systems of meaning.

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Becoming an acolyte of death

In other words, I am seeking a way of reappropriating spiritual symbolism for the exact opposite of its original intention. Maybe there already exists a spiritual structure that has this as its purpose and I don't know about it, but I will try to work on this theory some more.

I'm using this forum more or less as a notebook of my ideas and goals for this project, so if I appear to be repeating myself it's because I'm coming up with more accurate ways of wording my thoughts so that I can reference them in the future. If my posts are unwanted I can find some other way of recording them, but I like the idea of sharing them publicly so that people can collaborate if they want.

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tonight's tarot cards gave me very unambiguous reassurance that I am beginning a fruitful project and that I should continue to delve into magic.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Engaging with Death, Psychopomps and learning more about the process of transitioning, is important. That being said, doing death based practices...at times....can be draining. Its good to have a way to charge yourself up (energy work) and clean yourself off (cleansing, salt...etc).

I recall that Buddhists would often meditate in grave yards, as a practice, in order to reflect on there mortality and encourage spiritual training. I may have to experiment with this practice in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPMn6SmsN6E

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:59 pm ... I am personally interested in actively accelerating the death process in the world. ...
When I was young I had a laboring job. It was "job and finish". The faster we worked, the sooner we went home.

Perhaps that principle applies to incarnation. I know at least one such case.

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

WildWolf wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 am I recall that Buddhists would often meditate in grave yards, as a practice, in order to reflect on there mortality and encourage spiritual training. I may have to experiment with this practice in the future.

When I was in the russian orthodox church i heard of similar practices. Monks sleeping in their own coffins and praying inside open graves and stuff like that. When I was baptized I was given a candle that was to be burned at my funeral. Some orthodox monasteries are also in the habit of keeping the skulls of deceased monks and carving messages into them. The image below is an example.

Still, while I do like these practices in that they remind us of the prevalence of death, the ultimate goal was to transcend death and live forever, which I think is silly. I hope to keep some of the death practices that monastics perform without trying to fight against death. Im starting off by assembling a small bone collection and creating sigils of saturn. Frankincense also brings to mind thoughts of mortality, and it's written in Barrett's Magus that frankincense is associated with saturn so that seems to make sense.

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Amor wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:46 am
babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:59 pm ... I am personally interested in actively accelerating the death process in the world. ...
When I was young I had a laboring job. It was "job and finish". The faster we worked, the sooner we went home.

Perhaps that principle applies to incarnation. I know at least one such case.
Maybe, we will see. Im not too concerned about it, but im not trying to be reckless. I think ive gone through phases where I went too far with my practices and the results were horrifying so im trying to go about my current project in a careful way without falling into certain traps that have hurt me in the past.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:57 pm
WildWolf wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 am I recall that Buddhists would often meditate in grave yards, as a practice, in order to reflect on there mortality and encourage spiritual training. I may have to experiment with this practice in the future.

When I was in the russian orthodox church i heard of similar practices. Monks sleeping in their own coffins and praying inside open graves and stuff like that. When I was baptized I was given a candle that was to be burned at my funeral. Some orthodox monasteries are also in the habit of keeping the skulls of deceased monks and carving messages into them. The image below is an example.

Still, while I do like these practices in that they remind us of the prevalence of death, the ultimate goal was to transcend death and live forever, which I think is silly. I hope to keep some of the death practices that monastics perform without trying to fight against death. Im starting off by assembling a small bone collection and creating sigils of saturn. Frankincense also brings to mind thoughts of mortality, and it's written in Barrett's Magus that frankincense is associated with saturn so that seems to make sense.

Yeah, when it comes to necromantic practices....there is a labyrinth of options.

Ancestral praxis is the most common throughout history....for good reason......most of the "spirit ecosystem", is indifferent.....while your blood-line (kin) actually do give a shit about what happens. Keys of Ocat is one necromantic text that I want to eventually get my hands on.

St. Cyprian, Hekate, Saturn....etc....all are currents of sorcery, that have been explored a great deal in the last decade. Plenty of good texts out there. Fun interview on the planet.

https://ddtrh.com/2021/01/saturn-magick ... -connolly/

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

WildWolf wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:13 pm

Yeah, when it comes to necromantic practices....there is a labyrinth of options.

Ancestral praxis is the most common throughout history....for good reason......most of the "spirit ecosystem", is indifferent.....while your blood-line (kin) actually do give a shit about what happens. Keys of Ocat is one necromantic text that I want to eventually get my hands on.

St. Cyprian, Hekate, Saturn....etc....all are currents of sorcery, that have been explored a great deal in the last decade. Plenty of good texts out there. Fun interview on the planet.

Interesting that you mention hekate. I just preordered a copy of the hekataeon and I'm very excited considering the book's reputation and its extreme scarcity. I also have the alchemical symbol of saturn tattooed onto my right wrist, and around my neck I wear a piece of black tourmaline that I've scratched saturn's sigil into before soaking some of my blood into it.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:40 pm

Interesting that you mention hekate. I just preordered a copy of the hekataeon and I'm very excited considering the book's reputation and its extreme scarcity. I also have the alchemical symbol of saturn tattooed onto my right wrist, and around my neck I wear a piece of black tourmaline that I've scratched saturn's sigil into before soaking some of my blood into it.
Hekataeon....looks like a cool book...Miskatonic has lots of good stuff for sale, especially on the darker end of the stream.

Hekate's gotten quite a few love letters in recent decades. Jason Miller has his own course on her mysteries. I don't have a super strong connection with that current, so I haven't done the 7 month intensive....but I have worked with the key sound he gave out for free:

"IO HEKA IO HO"

The key sound seems to double as both an offering and a way to more easily connect.

Black tourmaline is a cool stone, has some good protective qualities. Personally I enjoy Obsidian and Iron. That Saturn tattoo seems pretty wild....I've heard off a couple occultists, whom have gotten Tattoos based on workings (Freya Aswyn, Taylor Ellwood...etc).....never been that courageous....but gotten plenty of necklaces and jewelry for currents of magick that I am aligned. Perhaps something for the future.

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

WildWolf wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:08 pm

Hekataeon....looks like a cool book...Miskatonic has lots of good stuff for sale, especially on the darker end of the stream.

Hekate's gotten quite a few love letters in recent decades. Jason Miller has his own course on her mysteries. I don't have a super strong connection with that current, so I haven't done the 7 month intensive....but I have worked with the key sound he gave out for free:

"IO HEKA IO HO"

The key sound seems to double as both an offering and a way to more easily connect.

Black tourmaline is a cool stone, has some good protective qualities. Personally I enjoy Obsidian and Iron. That Saturn tattoo seems pretty wild....I've heard off a couple occultists, whom have gotten Tattoos based on workings (Freya Aswyn, Taylor Ellwood...etc).....never been that courageous....but gotten plenty of necklaces and jewelry for currents of magick that I am aligned. Perhaps something for the future.
Im not completely sure that hekate is what im into either. It seems to border on monotheism based on a first glance, but the hekataeon gets enough praise that i imagine there must be something worth gaining from it, and i intend to try practicing the book to see if anything fruitful comes of it.

The tattoo has a bit of a story. When I was a practicing christian one of my friends put a coptic cross on my wrist, but after not going to church for several years i decided that i dont have much connection to the cross anymore so i just turned it into saturn. It was pretty easy since half of the symbol was already done.

If that sounds intimidating to you, one of my favorite artists David Tibet got an aleph branded in the center of his chest. I cant imagine going through with that.

Edit: I just realized one of the occultists you mentioned, Freya Aswwyn, actually worked with David Tibet on one of my favorite Current 93 albums.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:42 pm
WildWolf wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:08 pm

"IO HEKA IO HO"

Im not completely sure that hekate is what im into either. It seems to border on monotheism based on a first glance, but the hekataeon gets enough praise that i imagine there must be something worth gaining from it, and i intend to try practicing the book to see if anything fruitful comes of it.

The tattoo has a bit of a story. When I was a practicing christian one of my friends put a coptic cross on my wrist, but after not going to church for several years i decided that i dont have much connection to the cross anymore so i just turned it into saturn. It was pretty easy since half of the symbol was already done.

If that sounds intimidating to you, one of my favorite artists David Tibet got an aleph branded in the center of his chest. I cant imagine going through with that.

Edit: I just realized one of the occultists you mentioned, Freya Aswwyn, actually worked with David Tibet on one of my favorite Current 93 albums.
Yeah, when I started training...I wanted to get a single practice and commit myself to that stream completely. Unfortunately, things are usually not that simple and my path has gone in waves where I needed different "medicines" at different phases. Hekate and the book may have some useful tech...take what is needed, while keeping an Open Mind and Heart.

A friend of mind is a hipster Christian and does quite a bit of Angelic Magick....as a result he has Sacred Geometry tattoos (Pyramids, Cubes....etc). I recall hearing someone mention how they get Protection tattoos so they always have a level of PSD. That Aleph brand is insanity.....but oh well....wild people.

Yeah, Freya is in her 70s now....so I don't hear much about her and she hasn't written books in awhile. That being said...as I recall....I think she may have been the first person to introduce me to the Runes via hearing her talk on a podcast and she mentioned her involvement in music. She's a wild lady. :)

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

I acquired a mala with beads made from human skull fragments. I used it for the first time today. I don't have any prayers or mantras that I particularly like so I just repeated the word θᾰ́νᾰτος for each bead, trying to focus on the material dead matter that was in my hand and nothing more. I did this while burning some myrrh. I also got the book of the black dragon vols 1 and 2 in the mail so I hope to start working through that when I've finished with barrett's magus and waite's key to the tarot (which im just reading on my phone during work breaks).

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:01 pm... I went too far with my practices and the results were horrifying ...
Do you have gaps in your etheric body?

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Amor wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:30 am
babakoto_pazuzu wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:01 pm... I went too far with my practices and the results were horrifying ...
Do you have gaps in your etheric body?
I'm not sure what you mean by that

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Step outside your lightbody and look back at it, concentrating on the etheric substance. Are there gaps or bits missing. Have a look at your back?

Often humans give away bits of their etheric body.

There is a woman I know well. When I first looked inwardly at her breasts there were hundreds of little gaps.

With a bit of prompting she found a lot of them attached to her second son - on the outside of his etheric body. The bits were no use to him but she was/is a very giving woman.

So she gave him light from her heart and he released them back to her.

But there were so many bits given to so many people that we could not recover them that way. Eventually a sea god offered and filled up all the gaps

babakoto_pazuzu
Forum Member
Forum Member

I don't know how to do that

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Intend and visualize the process

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

You don't need to die to experience afterlife, but you do need to be born to experience life.
Ambrosia trees are all rooted in the same dirt, feeding on the same corpses of dead stars, just as we all. Without you and me here Gods would starve. This plane is a buffet of pain, dead and decay.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”