Looking For Other Books/Systems Like Initiation Into Hermetics (Focuses On Systematic Practical Exercises)

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Elementriloquist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Looking For Other Books/Systems Like Initiation Into Hermetics (Focuses On Systematic Practical Exercises)

Post by Elementriloquist »

As the thread title states, that's what I'm looking for.

I find it strange that Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics is a one of a kind. I can't find any other book like it. Yet when I look at other occult books, most of them are pretty much all the same and it's a blur.

There has to be another occult book that takes a systematic step by step approach, and is also focused on exercises.

I'm trying to see if I can find similar books, and then in some way, combine the exercise systems together. On my search to find such a book I've found a few gold nuggets here and there in other books that have helped my practice, but I still haven't given up on finding another book like it. I mean there has to be another one that's just like it, in the same way that I can find other theory focused occult books that have the same format.

It might just be something I haven't thought of searching. Maybe it's a more eastern magick type book and I don't even know what key words to search to find it, maybe it's a martial arts book and has to do with nei gong, or maybe it's a rare book that you'd only know existed if someone mentioned it.

I recently even tried ChatGPT to generate a list of books similar to it, been going through the list and nothing comes close. So I'm hoping that someone here has some suggestions to offer that I haven't thought of yet.

Theory is obviously important, but I find that too many occult books offer ONLY theory and therefore they don't really teach you anything. If you cannot test a theory you've been taught, you'll never truly know if it's accurate or not, and you may end up basing your entire practice on a flawed theory. I'd very much like to not waste my time or efforts.

Finding practical occult books is hard, and finding a book that is on par with Initiation Into Hermetics has been an impossible task for me. So maybe one of you can help.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Elementriloquist on Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Looking For Other Books/Systems Like Initiation Into Hermetics (Focuses On Systematic Practical Exercises)

Post by WildWolf »

Steps are based on Goals.

Different systems, may have different goals and therefore different steps/processes.

Enlightenment. Occult Power. Wisdom. Martial Skill. Elemental Mastery. Devotion.....etc. Bardon creates formal steps.....but that structure has many pros/cons....I've noted that in Bardon, there Is a high probability of getting "stuck" in lessons and failing to advance. Furthermore, although it is written to be a Universal system for the Initiation into Hermetics, it is still not suited to all temperaments.

I made note of some sources here.

https://www.occultforum.org/viewtopic.p ... cs#p529769

Elementriloquist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Looking For Other Books/Systems Like Initiation Into Hermetics (Focuses On Systematic Practical Exercises)

Post by Elementriloquist »

WildWolf wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:19 am I've noted that in Bardon, there Is a high probability of getting "stuck" in lessons and failing to advance. Furthermore, although it is written to be a Universal system for the Initiation into Hermetics, it is still not suited to all temperaments.
TBH right now I am stuck and I have no problem with that because I see it as an obstacle that I just have to get over. When I had started doing a particular mental exercise I couldn't even last for 30 seconds.

Funny enough, I don't think I have the temperament for it either, my mind is very chaotic, but I still see this as something I have to overcome.

If I can't find anything in your suggestions, I'll just go back to focusing on the custom routine I created and wait it out. I should make it to 10 minutes in a few months at least.

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”