What is happening to occult groups?

For difficult to define queries.

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Re: What is happening to occult groups?

Post by borealis »

Depends where you go to some extent. Most of the online occult group activity is on Facebook and Discord now; active forums are becoming increasingly rare. Also newer paradigms like chaos magick I think are becoming more active while older paradigms are losing interest.

I am maintaining this place because I felt it's important for forums as a mode of community to not die out completely. However, I also realize it's a bit of an uphill battle.

Ada
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ada »

Thank you for the detailed explanation, Amor.

>Thus the enlightened human is expected to propagate aspects of Divine Intent.<

But if an enlightened human would understand Divine Intent, would it not be that grave that he had to keep it a secret? People might have their ideas of the Divine but the truth could be more shocking. Just an idea of me. I expect the enlightened human wouldnt tell anything about Divine Intent.

>The galactic Logos, like our solar Logos, is learning right relationship and thus referred to by humans as a god of love.<

I didnt expect that. I mean I know what you are referring to but I didnt expect someone would call it "learning right relationship". But still thank you for sharing your view. Its quite exciting. ^^

>Giving up before starting is not necessarily an efficient process in spiritual science.<

Probably cant convince anyone with spiritual science. Thats why I think everyone has to find that connection him- or herself.

>Omniscience may not be required for an experiment. Learning can be accelerated by experiment.<

Sure. But isnt it shaky to try experiments, which wont work the same depending on the one trying them? So if the result differs, there is not really proof of what can be learned out of it, can it?

>There are many non-humans that are players in this solar system. Not all support the Divine Intent for this planet.<

You know, even I wouldnt support the Divine Intent for this planet. And I am not a non-human. But since I havent a say in this anyway, I just enjoy the view, I guess.

>This planet generates interest well beyond our cluster of universes.<

Why do you think this is the case? Whats your opinion to this?

>Look for the energy lines from outside this universe.

Which lines carry Intent?

Put yourself next to such a line. What happens?<

Counter question. What happens to you if you do that?

If I do that, I sure draw attention to myself. Which I would rather not. I try to stay inconspicuous. ^^

Ada
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ada »

borealis wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:33 pm Depends where you go to some extent. Most of the online occult group activity is on Facebook and Discord now; active forums are becoming increasingly rare. Also newer paradigms like chaos magick I think are becoming more active while older paradigms are losing interest.

I am maintaining this place because I felt it's important for forums as a mode of community to not die out completely. However, I also realize it's a bit of an uphill battle.
You are absolutely right. I make this observation too. Do people in this media even take it seriously? This is a serious question that I ask myself.

Well, a great thanks to you that you do, borealis! Another community, that I was part of, met its end a few weeks ago. The admin just didn't feel like it anymore. So I really respect it, that you fight so hard to at least keep this community alive.

It's as if people have been overcome by a listlessness like I've never experienced before. [sadface]

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Yeah, social media is oriented towards a kind of "fast food information".....but when it comes to occult studies.....its very difficult to pack complex thoughts into a small post....thus forums and blogs are a much better platform. That being said, i don't think it needs to be an either/or situation. We can have a forum with long threads, where deep ideas are explored and also a bite size format (of some sort).

Perhaps the forum may also somehow find a way to appeal to both. As for Occult Groups, i think occult study courses are quite an important space now. Groups like Strategic Sorcery and Rune Soup have strong community engagement from noobs and skilled practitioners.....i learned a lot and enjoyed my time in these communities.

Some occult groups can be laden with drama and stupidity.....i think it depends on the current of magick and leadership. Where things go from here.....perhaps having Occult Groups that are largely decentralized, but also meet up for a festival, party or conference once a year would be cool.

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

81 posts a season being seasonal, perhaps 144 years at that rate is amazing, or at least by concentrated lightening bolt confluence streams of intelligence throughout the whole website, corresponding making illumination within a dimension shade.

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

To make advancements in magick there is an emotional enriched lifestyle as a basic assurance of wisdom and there is synchronizing to be accumulative by physical movement and by mind concentrating by and through physically flexing, and sometimes the mind simply is oh so physical manifesting and then that understanding of what the mind can do for the body and still body for the mind likewise is also found outside the body in life oh so greatly. Good luck to us all. Measuring zones by fields measured by 81 scales and time sand glasses can help sharpen skills making creativity more cognitive and time segments good for synchronicity coordinate-able.

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

But again 81 things per season for 36 years then an overall 144 years by 4 of the 36 years brings good abundance of fortune. Also one could be in the shades of the four seasons which are in alignment with the four 36s being structure order chaos overall and those four can be the four shades of the 144 years giving not 1 144 years but 4 144 years that span throughout 1 144 years

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

JMPtD wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:16 am... Measuring zones by fields measured by 81 scales and time sand glasses ...
Is there an account of how to do that?

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

There’s some more about space segmenting here
https://wizardforums.com/threads/speed- ... post-34814

And more about time segmenting here
https://wizardforums.com/threads/horolo ... lity.3644/

The rest can be found around miscellaneous posts by JMPtD

There is more than what is on the forums now, let’s keep working strong.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

So I am sitting down, eyes closed, back straight. What is the next step?

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

What I’d personally recommend is put arms out like holding a beach ball, but really representing the boundary of your aura between your fingers, then bringing hands back on or near the stomach reducing the aura size oval to one fitting in your abdominal region inside. I did this for three months last year all day long and then I was able to see it imagining literally clearly seeing it and then I was so attuned to my energies that I wiggled my head around focusing on the ceiling and projected a light bright as I phone on low light. For the aura strengthening workout breathing helps and moving eyes and pushing your energy limits even finding the grind by just keeping eyes energized keeps one on the point. I was also imagining nature spontaneously exploding into manifested form in my room and either letting them sit for a couple minutes tickling them or destroying the form after 2 seconds and making more immediately, trees, clouds of colors, rivers, rocks, flowers, grass, bushes, deep dirt. I practices all colors but favored grey and balls of any color light energy to recenter my focus in a slightly different way like the nature as well.

To buy a four minute sand glass that is a pretty accurate one out of selection, can help one synchronize to the internal clock which in a method has 324 heartbeats every 4 min, and having 144 pennies to slide into a new pile one by one each flip can help, so this gets you in tune to the bodies constant access phenomena rate which works well especially using a consciousness model like visualizing sustaining the self on the 81 scales 81 heartbeats a minute. Flipping connects and stimulates one to analyze the deep inner intelligence of the method and to integrate at real ratios, and it also helps one tune their physical coordination and their creative flow.
I only did this once so far and messed up tons of times so just imagined it working in stride of as if the random intensities in the training stretched shrank and warped what I was doing at certain points…

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

So, while I initially said nothing about this in an attempt to maintain my neutrality as an administrator and to not give the appearance of a preference towards any other group or particular paradigm, my feelings about the usefulness of that have changed a little, so maybe this is a good place and time to disclose that I am also the website administrator for DKMU.org, and an admin of their Discord, which is a very large, active, and helpful place full of many skilled practitioners, and which has played a huge role in my magical development over the past several years. (Your previous admin here was also the previous admin of DKMU.org.)

DKMU is a non-hierarchical magical research and development collective with an emphasis on Chaos Magic, but comprising practitioners of many different schools and specializations, as well as non-practicing interested persons. Participation is free and without expectation, and anyone who participates is a member. Members of this loosely organized collective network with each other, share notes and progress, seek advice, have friendly conversations, plan group work, and perform R&D to discover and elaborate new ways of doing magic, and push the boundaries of what is possible. Beyond that, there are some goals which are common, but none shared by all. Though an artificial hierarchy exists solely for the moderation team, it does not reflect the amount of sway over the group's direction that each person has, as each member is free to suggest or lead group activities or offshoot working groups, or participate in whatever they do or do not want to based on their own choices.

I am glad to be managing an active forum and helping to keep forums alive as a mode of community, but chats are useful in different ways. I tried and failed to start up a Discord server for this community a while ago, so since people are looking for other active communities to participate in, I felt maybe I ought to bring up this other Discord that I help manage. (DKMU also had a Forum, but that is basically dead now.)

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

borealis wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:05 pm So, while I initially said nothing about this in an attempt to maintain my neutrality as an administrator and to not give the appearance of a preference towards any other group or particular paradigm, my feelings about the usefulness of that have changed a little, so maybe this is a good place and time to disclose that I am also the website administrator for DKMU.org, and an admin of their Discord, which is a very large, active, and helpful place full of many skilled practitioners, and which has played a huge role in my magical development over the past several years. (Your previous admin here was also the previous admin of DKMU.org.)

DKMU is a non-hierarchical magical research and development collective with an emphasis on Chaos Magic, but comprising practitioners of many different schools and specializations, as well as non-practicing interested persons. Participation is free and without expectation, and anyone who participates is a member. Members of this loosely organized collective network with each other, share notes and progress, seek advice, have friendly conversations, plan group work, and perform R&D to discover and elaborate new ways of doing magic, and push the boundaries of what is possible. Beyond that, there are some goals which are common, but none shared by all. Though an artificial hierarchy exists solely for the moderation team, it does not reflect the amount of sway over the group's direction that each person has, as each member is free to suggest or lead group activities or offshoot working groups, or participate in whatever they do or do not want to based on their own choices.

I am glad to be managing an active forum and helping to keep forums alive as a mode of community, but chats are useful in different ways. I tried and failed to start up a Discord server for this community a while ago, so since people are looking for other active communities to participate in, I felt maybe I ought to bring up this other Discord that I help manage. (DKMU also had a Forum, but that is basically dead now.)
I found DKMU a couple times when i was searching for occult forums. Looks interesting, it surprises me sometimes, that there aren't more Coyotes wandering around on the forum, i guess there all secluded on discord. >:D

Perhaps there is a potential for some kind of communal synergy between DKMU and OF.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

If I remember correctly, back in the olden days DKMU and OF were hosted together one the same machine, and sometimes some traveler looking for OF could accidentally end up on DKMU instead, due some arcs and sparks between the wires. One of the little mysteries.

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

Imagine a crystal 81 scales with the environmental energies moving through it like thin air, then imagine doing the spell you want to, then condense the ratios of the casted spell into the 81 scales (with levels of 27,9,3,1 as well), then find those ratios in it to do it again by reading its illuminations, casting the spell, keeping evoking balance to be active.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”