New member?

Announce your presence, if you will.

Corupt_CG
Forum Member
Forum Member

New member?

Post by Corupt_CG »

Hi there you can call me Corrupt. I've been looking in to magick and such for a while and I'm wondering where to start. Nothing specific in mind I just want to know the basics before i research something specific. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: New member?

Post by WildWolf »

Basics......when you start out, the first thing you wanna do is learn how to "slow down". By slowing down, you can gradually take control of your mind, emotions, body and develop internal mastery.

On a basic level....everyone is doing magick all the time....people walk through the day constantly churning out psychic and emotional energy and unconsciously manifesting there reality (for better or worse). First step is to learn how to reign in these unconscious creative powers and begin to "consciously create".

How to do that?

Approaches vary drastically from system to system: Breath-work, Mantra, Mudra, Energy-work, Meditation.....etc. Find some techniques in which you feel a strong "resonance" and practice daily. Once you get good at "slowing down" and creating a space of calm and clarity for yourself.....you can start to play around in that "space" and create your reality via active enchantments: Sigils, Spells....etc.

In addition....taking courses and learning from people who've been grinding at this wheel for years can be useful. Gordon White, Jason Miller, Jason Louv......they've all got some interesting courses on magick.

-Welcome to the forum.

Corupt_CG
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Corupt_CG »

Firstly, thank you for the response I really do appreciate it. Could you tell or direct me to somewhere to learn energy work and simple spells?

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Corupt_CG wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:53 pm Firstly, thank you for the response I really do appreciate it. Could you tell or direct me to somewhere to learn energy work and simple spells?
Power Spellcraft.....that's the 1st book i read on the topic and is a pretty solid intro. Miller just wrote his own book....haven't read it yet...but it's likely good and more advanced.

With regards to energy-work.....there are so many styles/approaches....many are great....but not necessarily suited to all individuals. Master Choa Kok Sui's book on Self-Defense may not be the best.....but its quite good when it comes to explanation and imagery....may be a good place to start....and developing a foundation in PSD is essential. Additionally, the sources i mentioned before are solid.

-Power Spellcraft for Life by Arin Murphy Hiscock
-The Elements of Spellcrafting by Jason Miller

-Practical Psychic Self-Defense for Home and Office by Choa Kok Sui

Return to “Introductions”