Liber MMM discussion - Discipline 1: Motionlessness

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Liber MMM discussion - Discipline 1: Motionlessness

Post by EternalReturn »

Did a 10 minute motionless while waiting for the installation to complete. It's a fun way to wait [crazy]

I'll do another soon, no less than 20 minutes long. That is my target for today [tongue]

Solarus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solarus »

Attempted 20 minute motionless last night after my cleansing/banishment for the Post-Chaos Modern Demonology class. Fell asleep and my alarm that was set for 20 minutes didn't even wake me up - I was zonked out good. Woke up a couple hours later with the alarm still going off.

I constantly have the intention of doing motionless daily and - bam - I look and a couple days went past without any attempts. Doubling efforts...

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Going great guys, well done. [thumbup]

Solarus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solarus »

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/how-to-be-happy/ - This article is interesting and is applicable to what we're doing here - guy's theory is to set the goal of the habit very low and counter-intuitively *don't* increase the goal over time. Read for full explanation. I'm going to experiment with this...

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Looks awesome Solarus - great find indeed! Twenty five minutes Motionlessness - it's getting harder to find the time, but it's worth it.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thirty five minutes motionlessness, combined with breathing after the first ten. Sitting in my office chair at work, fully supported. My work colleague asked me if I was asleep, or I could probably have gone longer. [thumbup]

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

Nice one, Ghost. :)

Your co-workers must think you are a fruitloop by now. [crazy]

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

13 minutes of motionlessness in my desk chair, whereupon I burped and opened my eyes after that.

My hands went completely numb, which is a lovely feeling. This tends to happen to me a lot, does anyone else experience this?

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

If I enter good way this motionlessness all my body goes "numb" like there is absolutly severed nerves. So easy to break.
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Eremita wrote: My hands went completely numb, which is a lovely feeling. This tends to happen to me a lot, does anyone else experience this?
I feel this usually in my legs and hands. It is absolute relaxation [smile] I really like this feeling :D

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Wednesday - 25 minutes, stopped when I saw a weta sitting on the computer. Weta turned out to be a toy my parents had bought.

Thursday - 15 minutes, got cramps in one leg and had to discontinue.

Friday - 30 minutes at work, stopped when senior manager came to talk to me about a series of calls I'd taken.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

I am so jealous that you can stop moving for 30 minutes at a time when you're at work. That is golden.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I would love to have possibility to do something like that in work. Food break is enough time for eaitng not training :(

Other than that. There is slight progress.

I stayed first time 20 minutes. It was itch war: Focus on itch, fight it, win it, another itch replace the old one, loop it, 4th itch win the War, the end. :(
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Eremita wrote:I am so jealous that you can stop moving for 30 minutes at a time when you're at work. That is golden.
Thanks mate, it's simply practice - I've been doing this every day for almost six years. I usually do this first thing in the morning though, or just before I go to sleep - I'm exploring new ways of using the disciplines at work between calls. People kinda think I'm strange as it is, so they don't really bat an eyelid any more when I just stop moving for half an hour, so long as I don't start snoring. [grin]

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

First attempt, 10 minutes. For the first time ever, I am really feeling my third eye. My previous kundalini awakening generally extended to my throat chakra. Also getting a feel at my crown. My position: feet either in the ground, or tied together (forcibly grounded), cross-legged. Hands put together as if in prayer, middle finger touching my forehead. I feel my consciousness being tugged at, I get a visual merging of a circle with a larger blob. EDIT: This is the best I have felt in a long time about my capabilities, will keep you posted if something happens.
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Well done guys! Keep at it - this exercise is so deceptively simple at first glance, but as we're all finding it can get rather difficult to maintain in the presence of itches, mouths full of saliva, cats, and other disturbances. My own results follow.

Saturday: Had the kids over. Managed ten minutes motionlessness.

Sunday: Took the kids home and spent fifteen minutes of motionlessness.

Monday: Half an hour motionless - my biggest achievement yet! I think I slipped into some sort of zone, as I forcibly removed myself due to needing to call it a night and go to bed.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Hi

first attempt last night - 4 and a half minutes.
this morning - 8 minutes
this evening - 13 and a half minutes.
I'm working on the assumption that movement directly caused by breathing is allowed, would that be correct? can't see how that can be helped.
time really crawls doing this I find myself constantly wondering how long I've been doing it for, I think it might be helpful if I recorded audio saying 5 min, 10 min, 15 min etc so I don't have to think about it do you think that would be a good idea?

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Yes, some music proved to be very relaxing way of measuring time. But silence works better for breathing and no-mind, so I would suggest that you listen to instrumental music or nothing at all. I usually make my alarm go off after my time-goal for today, or do it as long as I can and then see how many minutes have passed.

By the time you hit 30 minutes, you'll be craving for movement [crazy]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Movement caused by breathing is fine, plus listening to music or even watching TV is fine. Don't force this exercise, just let yourself relax. I personally find this exercise great for reflecting on the day. I don't get much time to think about things during the day, so half an hour of peace is a god-send.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

C'mon guys! Don't give up - keep plugging away, even if it's just a few minutes each day.

Tuesday: Ten minutes motionless, then I got called into a meeting and didn't get a chance to do more.

Wednesday: Spent twenty two minutes motionless while listening to Mushroomhead thrashing away on YouTube.

Thursday: Fifteen minutes motionless, broken by an extremely annoying fly deciding to land on my face.

Friday: Ten minutes motionless - could have probably gone much longer, but I fell asleep.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Wednesday - 4 min
Thursday - 8 min
Friday - 10 min
Saturday - 15 min (when countdown timer went off and snapped me out of it)
Sunday - 15 min (set timer for 15 min again)

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

tonight (Monday) I did 8 minutes motionlessness then tried again and got to 14 minutes
its often been needing to swallow saliva that gets me is there a clever way to beat that

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

From day to day I improve myself, started to shave more properly cause it was real pain when itch attacked. On the other hand when it is not hair then my striae start to itch. I bath myself properly before practice to assure it won't itch but always there is in 5 first minutes fight for good position and itchless session [clown] .

I stay at 10-15 minutes. I tried staying longer few times but I become very bored and impatient. Longest motionless was 25min.

I tried to not let any distractions in my practice like music and so on. Wanted It to be pure experience of motionlessness as I was sure It would help me with our lesson number 3 "not thinking".

Praise teh Sun \[T]/

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Tuesday I tried 3 times first 2 I didn't last much longer than 4 minutes 3rd try I got up to 8 minutes. I kept getting really itchy and couldn't relax long enough.
Today (Wednesday) I managed 15 minutes motionless again when I set the alarm for and stopped when it went off.
When fifteen have been achieved, proceed to regulation of the breathing
-does this mean if you have managed to reach the fifteen minute mark or if you can do it consistently?

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

beero wrote:Tuesday I tried 3 times first 2 I didn't last much longer than 4 minutes 3rd try I got up to 8 minutes. I kept getting really itchy and couldn't relax long enough.
Today (Wednesday) I managed 15 minutes motionless again when I set the alarm for and stopped when it went off.
When fifteen have been achieved, proceed to regulation of the breathing
-does this mean if you have managed to reach the fifteen minute mark or if you can do it consistently?
Doing it consistently is your goal but you can start doing breath part surely in this point.

Guys keep a good work!
and Praise Teh Sun\[T]/

Return to “School of Magick Archive”