Black Magick Side Effects???

ConjureQueen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Black Magick Side Effects???

Post by ConjureQueen »

Peace Everyone,

Ive been practicing magick for over 5 years now. I practice with both hands, I like to refer to myself as ambidextrous [wink] However, lately i notice whenever I perform cursing magick I have been feeling subtle effects of it. I am very sensitive to energy, for instance, if I hold an object of someone who has frequent body pains or is ill, I will feel it in my hands and my hand will start cramping up. I performed a vinegar jar spell to sour someone's life, and my hand was sore and cramped up for about 2 days. This was the same hand I used to shake the bottle while cursing the person.

FYI: I always divine on the situation prior to performing a spell, and I also protect and cleanse myself and my home before and after performing cursing work, so I'm not sure whats going on. The practice that I follow doesn't believe in "backfiring" or karma, we believe that the universe is indifferent, and doesn't have a moral code like we do here on the physical plane. The spiritual plane is immoral if you ask me, but that's just my opinion and what my spirits have told me.

Im just curious if anyone else has had similar symptoms to feeling the effects of a hex/curse sent out to an enemy? Sometimes I wonder if this is a sign from the universe subtly letting us know that the spell is manifesting... Kinda similar to when doing love magick and one starts becoming more magnetic to the opposite sex because the "residue" from the spell is still lingering around that person's auric body.

Thought? Ideas? Suggestions? Please share. Thanks

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Black Magick Side Effects???

Post by Desecrated »

Psychosomatic effects caused by guilty conscience.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

These types of side effects are pretty common. Which spirits are you working with to throw hex? Some of them like to hang around. It also could be a sign that you need to clarify your intentions better or beef up your cleansing and protection work afterward. It's hard to say without knowing the ritual mechanics of your curses.

But as far as magic goes, you are what you practice. I know many people don't like to hear this but the work you do will have a measurable impact on your energetic body over time, regardless of your protection and regardless of whether you believe in karma or not. Everything takes its toll, some of it strengthening and some of it scarring. I've never met a magician who managed to avoid that reality. The ones who claim they have? Ask them again in 20 years.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

willow skyborne
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by willow skyborne »

Hello Conjurequeen, I just wanted to add my two cents. I could really relate to what you were saying about not subscribing to the law of Karma, because I don't have a good handle on that myself. I also am into Chaos Magick and believe in gray areas. However, I can tell you my experiences with cursing.

First, I believe, from experience, that you are physically feeling pain and negative feelings sometimes while hexing/cursing because most people who are successful magicians are, by nature, empaths. So, naturally, you are picking up what you are sending out to your 'victim' so to speak. Some people would call that instant karma, if only temporarily. From my own experiences, as I matured spiritually and emotionally through time and mainly through Shadow Work, I felt emotional regret. It would take a lot for me to actually go through with cursing someone. And even then it would be more in physical or psychic defense. I now wait and watch for the ' spirit, deity peeps' in my corner to avenge me.

I would have to agree with @the spiral, eventually constantly cursing those who have not done you wrong in any way will catch up on you, even if it is just from working with spirits too much and aging you.

But I wish you safe passage and protection.

Nice to meet you!
"Who looks outside, dreams; Who looks inside, awakes.
Carl Jung

ConjureQueen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ConjureQueen »

thanks everyone for your feedback and advice. I dont do harmful magick often, but when I do it is well deserved. The side effects dont last long. Im working with entities I am familiar with and that will do me no harm so i am not concerned with backlash. I realized that for the type of work I was doing I needed stronger protection. But everything is all good now, and the justice is being enforced :)

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse,
ConjureQueen wrote:
Im just curious if anyone else has had similar symptoms to feeling the effects of a hex/curse sent out to an enemy? Sometimes I wonder if this is a sign from the universe subtly letting us know that the spell is manifesting... Kinda similar to when doing love magick and one starts becoming more magnetic to the opposite sex because the "residue" from the spell is still lingering around that person's auric body.

There are many belief systems and faiths, some believe in karma (be it as karma or any other concept or name), others just believe in the judge of higher beings, and other don't believe in a force "judging" our actions neither in consecuences (whih is practically wrong to do, everything generates a respond in the universe).

Whatever the belief is, when it comes to black magick one has to have a clear idea of how energies and psyche works.

Black magick ALWAYS has a backlash, sooner or later, we'll feel the "consecuences".

There are people that "don't believe in karma" because they think karma it's like some sort of divine energy judging us. No, karma it's more like Cause and Effect.

The ones that believe in gods judge, they have their repairs before conjuring bane to others, but others don't share this belief, and it's ok, anyone is in their right to worship and or believe in whatever they want.

Let's see black magick from the eye of hermeticism and occult science, leaving behind any kind of religious and spiritual systems.

When you work with dirt, your hand get dirty. You can wash them, alright. But, the more you touch rocks and dirt and dry earth, your hands, even when you wash them and moisturize them, they get hard, your nails horrible and cracked. The same happens with dense energies. The more you work with them the more they'll stain your aura, even if you are neat and clean yourself. So sooner or later you'll feel the weight of those little curses you work up. That's the energetic part. As you say, the "resude". Like drinking a lot of coffee, you'l get your yellow teeth soon or late.

When you curse, you need to focus on the target and the harm you want to make. You really create aweful thoughts. Energy follows thought, so, you would be constantly "calling2 those energies. And strong thoughts, as spells to, become thought forms. And these thought forms tend to return to their creator, for food, foor repairng, whaterver, but they return. That is the mental part.

When you conjure up energy from demons, spirits, entities, etc., they DO HAVE consciousness and they tend to charge for the services. And even when you paid, if the other witch pays better, they go back and "screw you up". That's the spirits part.

So, there's no witch in the world, magickian or anyone who can scape the backlashes of black magic. And people who think ethey do, they don't know when everything may fall upon them, not as "divine punishment" but just "physics", the weight nof their actions in the psychic world. If there are people who think their curses work and really don't get backlash, maybe they don't work at all.

This is not about God saying what's good or what's wrong. It's about the tendency of energy and how it moves and "acts". Not "good or wrong", not morals, just like gravity, it's there and it work they way it does

I also think that feeling guilty brings a faster and bigger backlash, because of the thoughts axiom, basically you're calling it.

I hope I've been of help.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:The ones that believe in gods judge, they have their repairs before conjuring bane to others,
Can you please explain this line?
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse, Napoli
Napoli wrote:
WillowDarkWytch wrote:The ones that believe in gods judge, they have their repairs before conjuring bane to others,
Can you please explain this line?
There's a typo... it was "god's judge" or "gods' judge", divine judging was what I meant.

Having repairs before doing black magic I mean they think it twice (people who believed they're judged by gods). For example, Aborisa, Orisa Worshipers, they do cast some curses, BUT we think and believe that Sango, god of thunder and of divine justice, might (yes, MIGHT not always is wrong to curse for us) take acount on it and punish you, specially if the victim prays to Him, is Aborisa and/or His child.

For Qabalists are the angels of Geburah whom go around giving justice. An so on.

It all depends on the spiritual frame and belief system. In Umbanda (brazilian spiritism with tints of indigen and african cults) we don't do black magic, but in Quimbanda (same as Umbanda plus the european Witchcraft aspect, similar to Palo) we might "defend" ourselves, and some less responsible just curse the hell out of their victims hehehehe because exus and pombagiras (Quimbanda spirits) are "amoral" so they don't really care much, but caboclos (indigen spirits) and preto velhos (black elders, grampas and granmas, ex-slaves) are VERY moralistic. In Candomblé, Orisa don't do black magic as we westerns see it, they do "what's deserved", they curse who deserves to be cursed so if I go to Yemoja to ask for her help, She, being all motherly, might do some little justice and little harm to my enemy, but Osun, being temperamental and faddy, would be more agressive and mean, and Oya, being a passionate warrior, would really destroy them all. So it depends on the deity's personality.

I know I wrote a lot hahahaha I hope it was undestandable. I'm just using afro brazilian cults as an example, but in every cult we have a host of spirits, angels or a divinity or deity who takes care of "karma's bidding" or justice, or equilize or payback.

Saravá!
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Return to “Witchcraft”