Your Personal Tarot Formula

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Your Personal Tarot Formula

Post by RockDemon »

Now get your tarot deck and take out the Major Arcana. I am going to show you how to find your personal tarot formula. This formula will show you the main problem of this lifetime incarnation of yours and the solution to it. I will show it on the example of my reading. If you have any comments about it please go on and if you would like please share your personal formula as well.

First comes the individuality key which is one's sun sign
In my case, it is the Chariot
then comes the personality key which is one's ascendant sign
in my case it is Virgo thus the card is the Hermit
Then you add the numbers of both keys and get the problem of lifetime, in my case 7+9=16.. (if you get a bigger number than 21 for instance 22 -> 2+2 = 4) 16 - The Tower
Then you should minus the personality key from the individuality key, if however the personality key number is bigger then the individuality key you do the opposite, which is the case in my reading so I do 9-7=2, and we get the solution key. 2- The High Priestess.
Then we need to get the means key, to do so subtract the number of solution from the problem (or opposite if solution > problem) so in my reading 16-2=14 - The Temperance.
And finally the integration key, you add all the numbers together, in my case it is
the Hanged man.

So combining it all the together.
The integration key is meant to aid in integrating the problem to the Solution through the Means key, blending individuality and personality so that they may operate as an equilibrated unit.

And here is the interpretation of my formula.

So the Chariot is someone able to move through all the planes.In the card, we can see super balance.Strength with duality.So assuming this card is in the position of the Individuality, it pretty much sums up the idea of my motto that one should be a complete human being. By that I mean one should be successful on all the planes.If I am a super magician but my financial status is so poor that I do not have something to eat means that there is something wrong definitely.
The Hermit - the personality.
The hermit is a master magician. He is the oldest of the 3 magi of the tarot. He gives a sense of someone who retired from the mundane. And this is where a problem occurs and the problem is beautifully symbolized by the tower. From my earliest years of childhood, I was that strange kid. I was expressing philosophical thoughts speaking and dreaming about space while the other children dreamed about being a president or another one dreamed of being a taxi driver. The problem of this is being not grounded thus, as it is represented in the tower card 2 fellows are falling and the other is falling as well.The Hermit is also a warning not to get lost in your own head.Also, there is the falling theme in the card of the hanged man - the drowning of the giant. So the problem is that I can know all the secrets of the universe but if I just get lost in my head and do not use that knowledge then I am going to constantly fall to the ground, to the reality.
So since the high priestess is the solution, combining it with the hermit and the Chariot, I think the solution here is the higher consciousness. Or trusting my own intuition.and here comes another problem.I have difficulties distinguishing my intuition. There are so many 'voices' in me that I do not understand which one is my intuition... and here comes the temperance part...that we talked about before... moreover the temperance is on the earth which further indicates the need of being grounded and finding balance. And she is the means to attain the solution.. the arrow pointing upwards to the high priestess. And finally the hanged man in the integration... that I am still not completely sure what it is saying in this place... trial and error fashion, or just letting go of everything?

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Your Personal Tarot Formula

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Interesting. I'll see how much chewing-power I can get out of this.
Individuality Key - Scorpio (Death) 13
Personality Key - Capricorn (Devil) 15
Trouble Key - Wheel of Fortune 28 -> 10
Solution Key - Empress 3
Means Key - Chariot 7
Integration Key - Hangn' Man 48 -> 12
So I'm horney (death), worldly (devil), ain' got no $ luck (wheel), need to get creative (empress), going pro-athlete on the opposites should get'er done (chariot), and if I thumb it for a while I'll figure it all out (hanged man).

Sounds like I'm on the right track! :)
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

BTW - interesting that we both got Key 12 out of that for integration.

I had study on the Hanged Man a couple weeks ago and I have to admit that the law of reversal is challenging, not the metaphysical notion but trying to make sense of it in a usable manner or as a guide-post. I wrote something on a Facebook tarot forum about seeing it as the vertical vs. the horizontal, ie. the universal laws trickling down through matter vs. the horizontal blind-leading-the-blind that we know as the mass mud/mass mind. It's one thing to see thelemic goals vs societal goals in a diffuse way but the more I try to unwind just how much I could tell what from what the more perplexing the puzzle became.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

CJ what do you mean I am horny? Why does death indicate that?

I'll write a bigger post about some of my ideas concerning the hanged man soon.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Death (the key) is heavily involved in the generative processing of kundalini, both use and misuse. It's partly there in the meaning of the letter nun as a verb, partly in Mars' exaltation, and partly in the association of nun and Death with Scorpio.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

CJ so I thought for a while about the hanged man. And having also your formula helped me in getting it's meaning here.
Usually, the hanged man is about letting go, here the meaning is a little bit different and more than that combined with the other cards - especially with the chariot. Our personality keys here play the key role and they are very interesting. The Hermit and the Devil. The hermit is a very old magician, the oldest of the 3 magi of the tarot. And the devil is the master of the material world. These both cards have a warning to them. The hermit should not get in his head and the Devil should not get lost in the materiality. In my deck beside the usual figure of the hanged man, if one reverses a card can see a drowning giant. So this further alludes to the warning to not get lost. However, another interesting thing is that there is a rainbow between the feet of the giant. This is another symbol that the giant drowns soon to rise. So combining all of this, probably it is natural and we will get drown or already have drowned for a while until we get face to face to the problem. And when we are facing the problem we should act! You should get to the higher realms beyond the material world (the chariot) and I should get down to the earth and balance myself and make a strong foundation (the Temperance) for my further growth. In my case, I think it has already happened. I've already faced the problem. I've seen how everything I knew, thought,dreamed fell to pieces and I fell very hard to the ground. And then began building a strong foundation, and I am still in that process.
What do you think?

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Being that I still don't feel comfortable that I really 'get' divination I tend to split it out based on the results:

1) The result is highly congruent to a query and I'm willing to consider that it could be a prognostication.
2) It's significantly different or seemingly arbitrary to my question and when that happens I tend to just treat it as a Rorschach and see what kinds of things I can come up with in terms of alternate story or odd bits of advice.

Formulas like what you offered in the OP, even if they're offered by the GD, A.'.A.'., etc. I still tend to take more as a legoministic exercise. I get that there are people who can get a lot more out of it, perhaps one day I'll find myself in that number.

In that sense I might not be the best person to ask, that is I'm pretty close to addressing it from the reductive materialist standpoint (although I wouldn't really class myself as one) that however you interpret your spread - if it feels right go with it! There's always more to learn about the cards and I do think it's a process way more subjective than objective.

BTW - which deck are you using? You're description of the Hanged Man sounded really unique.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Yes, I understand and in a way, I agree with you.
I use the golden dawn ritual tarot deck by Ciceros. I posted it in another thread, and you recommended me the book of Robert Wang in that thread. By the way, thank you for recommending it to me. Even though it is similar to the book that came with the deck, but gives me some insights since it deals with a few more decks.
As for my deck itself. Yes, it has some unique cards besides the Hanged man. I chose it because it felt like something between the Rider-Waite deck and Thoth deck. There is more symbolism than in the Waite deck but not so complex as in the Thoth. Though I should accept that the more I understand the tarot the better I can understand different decks and the more unique seems to me each deck out there.
http://askthecards.info/tarot_card_deck ... ding.shtml
You can check out the images of my deck through that link. Check out the fool, the death, the lovers and the hanged man of course. These ones seem the most unique to me. At least, I haven't seen such versions in the other decks.

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

Hi there, I thought I'd try a personal tarot formula for myself :)

Here's mine :)

Individuality Key – Taurus (Hierophant) 5
Personality Key – Virgo (Hermit) 9
Problem of Lifetime – Temperance 14
Solution Key – Emperor 4
Means key – Wheel of Fortune 10
Integration key – Lovers 42 --> 6

My interpretation is thus, would also appreciate extra insights if any:

I am a structured (Heirophant) but independent thinker (Hermit), who struggles with imbalance (Temperance). I find that I need that extra structure and solid foundation, possibly from authority (Emperor) through very careful, significant choices (Lovers).

tripkos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tripkos »

Individuality Key – Virgo (The Hermit) - 9
Personality Key – Leo (Strength) - 8
Challenge of lifetime – The Star - 17
Solution – The magician - 1
Resolution - The Tower - 16
Integration – The lovers - 51, 5 + 1 = 6

I should build a wall around myself to be successful. I should master the elements to be successful. I should build a wall around myself and master the elements to be successful. I do these things by probing the unknown with strength (demons on a leash conjuring more powerful demons putting a leash around them in turn (traumatic experiental entities). The whole reflects the part, and is contained in it. Love for strength using armor. But it's dark down there and i do not have sufficient light to see in the places i should see. There's a demon in the maze which is extremely powerful, as i evoked it 8 years ago. When he approaches me on a regular basis, almost every day, i get "controlled" convulsions, not epilepsy. My facial expression is one of pain, i shake my head telling it to fuck off. My armor is not powerful enough to withstand its influence. If he should succeed in taking over, the path of the most extreme suffering and hate opens and i will attract these energies in their most powerful form, and also as if it should succeed, it will master all the elements by that time, and the acquisition of these powers are then the result of theft, applied to me. Also, the gates will close behind me if this path opens. This leads to death eventually. I'm not ready to face this monstrosity. If i lose, i'm done for it. Four days ago i entered its lair, as i know how to access it. I was completely blown away with panic, fear and paranoïa. I immediately went to bed and i slept for approx. 13 hours having the worst nightmare regarding the case. During that day after awakening, i recharged myself. This demon masters the elements of water and earth extremely well, and can perform some fire magic. But i don't think it's affiliated with air, as sometimes, when that beast is in my head using his minors, i can withstand some of these lesser beings, but at other times i don't have control. i'm successful about 2 of the 10 times this being fucks up my nervous system. The paranoïa i can handle relatively easy, as its element is air. He uses water with some fire to induce that air quality in me, but that beast cannot summon it from the ether.
YORKO MALENO ZINJOYO NURFELDO GARSTAFANO FANO FAAANO FAAAAANO - neriël yukti

wayward_time
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wayward_time »

I created a flow chart. And then I copied it for myself.

I felt a tingling sensation in my crown as I made this. Then I saw light dance over my eyes. I then became awkwardly aware of my geekiness. But rather than don a fig leaf, I decided to share:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1T8- ... sp=sharing

Arahant
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Arahant »

Thanks for this, im just learning tarot, but im having abit of a hard time figuring out my ascendant sign. I dont know how to make a person chart so I just use online calculators that use my name, birthdate, location and time of birth. According to the report I got I have 4 planets in the first house(which it explains as the ascendant house). Im a little lost.

Iv been having good luck with the tarot otherwise, but astrology is a complex subject and I dont want to bite off more then i can chew for the moment by learning how to make charts and understanding every aspect just yet. So how do I know what is my ascendant sign? The planets in my first house are sagittarius, venus, saturn and uranus. I imagine its not uncommon to have more then one planet in the first house, so there must be a way of determining this.

Arahant
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Arahant »

i found a calculator which shows im sagittarius for ascendant sign, i guess because that was the first planet listed in the first house.

So my individuality sign is: the devil 15
My ascendant sign is: temperance 14
problem of lifetime is: Strength(or justice)
solution key: the magician
means key is: wheel of fortune
integration key is: lovers

One note when i was looking up correspondences between cards the wiki mentions that strength is usually 11 and justice 8 but that it was switched in the rider deck based on golden dawn system. It says both are equally valid, personally when I think about the problems in my life I dont consider justice to be it unless its in a very esoteric sense, but strength fits well.

im not very good at this yet but my personal interpretation would be, My individuality is materialistic/wordly(the devil), my personality is about moderation and balance(temperance), my problem of lifetime is weakness, self doubt and lack of self discipline(strength), the solution is concentrating on empowering myself(magician).

The means key im not really sure about, im not that well versed in this and im just going off a few lists of meanings, one site lists the wheel of fortune as: good luck, karma, life cycles, a turning point.

I do feel very strongly like im at a turning point in my life, and my belief in luck in terms of how iv experienced it is that we make our own luck, so maby that has to do with the magician(empowering myself, and making my own luck rather then letting life take me wherever it does).

I dont really understand my integration key in terms of how it fits, lovers. The site im looking at lists lovers as love, union, relationships, values alignment, choices... Im not currently in a relationship and recently have been realizing how important it is to have a partner in life, also my individuality causes me to have strong ambition which i realize has alot to do with the company you keep, some people just pull you down and some people help pull you up.. so the integration is I need to really work on the relationships in my life(im basically a hermit right now).

Does the interpretation seem to simplistic? if anyone else has any idea or can point out if iv made a mistake please let me know. Thanks!

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”