Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

THE GREAT NAKED-EYE PLANET SHOW:

Post by Nahemah »

The Skies are Right...
skymap_27jan16.png
http://spaceweather.com/
The mainstream media is buzzing with news about astronomy: From now until February 20th, anyone who wakes up before sunrise can see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter all at once, no telescope required. These are the five brightest planets, and they are a beautiful sight lined up from east to west in the pre-dawn sky. Although the planets can be seen any morning for the next 4 weeks, there are some dates of special interest. As January ends and February unfolds, the Moon will hop from planet to planet, acting as a can't-miss guide for novice sky watchers...
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: THE GREAT NAKED-EYE PLANET SHOW:

Post by Nahemah »

Feb. 1st when the half Moon is only a few degrees from the red planet Mars in the constellation Libra:
skymap_01feb16.png
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

skymap_03feb16.png
Two mornings later, on Feb. 3rd, a fat crescent Moon passes by Saturn, only a few degrees away.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

And finally, best of all, on Feb. 6th, the slender cresent Moon forms a lovely triangle with Venus and Mercury just ahead of the morning twilight:
skymap_06feb16.png

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

moon + mars + libra = bad combination for me. here we go again...
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

onefebchart.png
By the Third of February, Moon is sextile Mars and the conjunciton is well over, this is a fast moving set of alignments, due to the personal planets or 'lights' more traditionally speaking and as it's Winter here, the Sun's influence on all this is weak, but this changes depending on whether you are in the South and there are lots of interactive points that will vary from person to person, Astologically speaking.

Sweeping generalisation time: The conjunction is in the ninth house and that can be difficult, if you are Libra native, but other aspects to the Moon and Mars are all harmonius, though, so it's actually a good time for you to move forward on something that may have been a sticking point recently.

I have no idea what applies personally to you,specifically, but the Mars/ Moon conjunct is in Scorpio by Feb first and sextiled by Venus/ Mercury in Capricorn/ trine Neptune in Pisces, all quite significant together. But I don't know your natal chart details or other factors that would help confirm or deny how that would relate exactly obvs.

But this alignment is generally good/ significant/ useful magickally given all the harmonious movements and proximities.

You could engage in certain other work, according to personal tastes and needs, at this time too of course. [wink]

The Skies are Right, ftagn. [greensmile]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

sixfebchart.png
These charts were drawn for my location and for 7.00am, as that is close to dawn here atm [they have arbitrary names,for free site use]. I am just using them as examples for generalising here.

This could be a fun exercise for anyone learning astrology, to check this alignment against their natal positions [transits] and so on, I guess.

(General you ,as in anyone reading) I recommend drawing up charts to suit your own locale and local pre-dawn time if you want to check out the possibilities for youself. [thumbup]

Squares are useful too and there aresome present through the patterns, they can be tense aspects but they show you where difficulties are and the harmonies help to show how to work them out/ through. Also square aspects can show you where not to change things, what might be inopportune at present, depending on personal needs and timings and such.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

well my native name literally translates to "the moon" and i'm a libra and mars-related things like arguments are kinda my forte and my weakness at the same time. gonna be on my toes till 4th of feb.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Return to “Astronomy & Astrology”