Geomancy, Divination & Accuracy Rates

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Geomancy, Divination & Accuracy Rates

Post by battyboy12 »

I recently learned how to perform geomancy {the western mantic art, not Feng Shui} and I have to say, compared to other divination techniques I have experimented with, I like it. It seems natural to me and it seems at least on the surface, accurate in my eyes. I have always had an interest in the Occult but I would not call myself a practicing mage.

I have done TONS of readings with geomancy {performed by myself, of course} and have put my geomantic divinations into two groups; ones with questions regarding the past and ones with questions regarding the future. Overally, I scored about a 72% accuracy rate on the ones about the past and so far I have an 80-84% {if I remember correctly, it was at least 80%} on the future that have come true so far. This is average, right? It's probably insignificant but anyones' thoughts on this might help me out in the future.

My results are probably meaningless. I'm curious what the more advanced or experienced diviners' success rate is- regardless if they use geomancy, tarot, astrology, numerology, the Yijing or any other oracle. Does anyone know what that is?

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Geomancy, Divination & Accuracy Rates

Post by battyboy12 »

This is interesting. What's fascinating is that my results about the readings about past are consistent, the results remain the same and even when I use the Yijing they also seem to be consistent with my geomancy. I like to cross-reference them and found this trend.

Anok
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anok »

I learned geomancy about a decade ago and recently started practicing more earnestly when my teacher recommended I use an oracle to add a concrete element to my divination (which previously was only scrying). I would be very interested in sharing our knowledge and experiences.

I haven't attempted to quantify my readings in terms of percentages as you have. May I ask your method so that I can try? I also taught my friend geomancy and she may be willing to engage in this experiment as well.

I can also bring some parapsych / stats to the table to determine just how significant your percentages are if I know more about your method.

Also, have you gone back to old, "wrong" readings and tried to discern alternate messages that are actually "right?". Obviously one cannot simply reinterpret readings after the fact and claim that they were accurate, but you can learn to speak the mantic language better by assuming that the Oracle is correct and that it is one's own perception that is clouded.
One word led me to another Word
One work led me to another Work

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

battyboy12 wrote:Overally, I scored about a 72% accuracy rate on the ones about the past and so far I have an 80-84% {if I remember correctly, it was at least 80%} on the future that have come true so far. This is average, right? It's probably insignificant but anyones' thoughts on this might help me out in the future.

My results are probably meaningless. I'm curious what the more advanced or experienced diviners' success rate is- regardless if they use geomancy, tarot, astrology, numerology, the Yijing or any other oracle. Does anyone know what that is?
Anything above 50% is good.

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”