Deletion of Posts

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Deletion of Posts

Post by Stukov »

Just FYI, the reason you can't edit your post after a period of time is because what is provided by people isn't helpful when there are sudden gaps in information or conversations. Imagine if you was trying to read a book about history or an important subject and there are just random pages ripped out.

I have been receiving an increasing amount of requests for deletion of posts or full accounts postings. I will not outright delete your posts. If you provide a specific example where you are giving private information away I will review it and edit your post to say *private information removed* or something to that effect. I can also delete your account name, leaving the posts, but not until the site is fixed.

Consider carefully what information you post about online about your personal details.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Re: Deletion of Posts

Post by borealis »

I have updated the post editing time limit to 3 days, and the post deletion time limit to 30 days. I don't think 30 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to discover mistakes or add additional information to your posts. Hopefully people will not abuse the edit feature to gaslight others in conversations, otherwise the editing time limit will be revisited.

It is good etiquette to add a note when you edit something.

Edit: The editing limit is 3 days, not 7 days.

skekz0k
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Deletion of Posts

Post by skekz0k »

Personally I think this is a sensible change. Thanks!

Return to “Site Discussion”