Lovecraft Drains

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Lovecraft Drains

Post by WildWolf »

Had a couple negative experiences with Lovecraft entities and thought i'd share them here. Basically what i've noticed with these style of beings is that by an large, they are energy drains. I have no problem giving offerings and having balanced exchanges with spirits....but i've noticed, that these particular entities will come right up to you and drain your energy without your permission. Suffice to say....overall i've gotten the impression that there assholes and not worth working with.....on the things that they supposedly offer: Forbidden Knowledge and Assistance with Writing. They seem to be a kind of Void Being that have a Black Flame vibe with a more watery bent.

Alternatives to dealing with jerks:

-When it comes to Forbidden knowledge, alternatives whom are less duche: Watchers, Odin, Loki, Raziel...etc. Beings of this nature will always challenge you initially....but once they do so and you show them your not a pushover, it's off too serious business.

-Writing: Odin, Kvasir, Sandalphon, Juno. For those fellow writers...these are all beings whom are helpful and much more approachable.

Sigh....i'm in a fit of passion while writing this...but oh well....fuck these squidy jackasses.

Cerber

Re: Lovecraft Drains

Post by Cerber »

It's always a gamble with those guys, I think.
But it's rare to encounter genuinely nice and helpful people in the "depths", with no strings attached, from the first sight.
One would have to carry few of their genes to be seen as anything other than a walking talking sandwich, free real estate, or would have to wash and stroke quite a few tentacles to get some respects. Or some other way to reach some common ground.
Other times, even if they aren't actively trying to swallow you whole, they may still find it hard to resist not to take a bite at times.
If I work with those kind of entities, I encourage "proper table manners" but I never demand nor expect 100% compliance.
In my personal gnosis, all relationships are two-way streets, and if I want some other being to behave in certain way, to fin my comfort and my expectations, I should make certain sacrifices and compromises on my "standards" and expectations, to try and meet them half way, if that's possible.
That doesn't always workout, but it's quite nice when it does workout.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cerber wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:21 pm It's always a gamble with those guys, I think.
But it's rare to encounter genuinely nice and helpful people in the "depths", with no strings attached, from the first sight.
One would have to carry few of their genes to be seen as anything other than a walking talking sandwich, free real estate, or would have to wash and stroke quite a few tentacles to get some respects. Or some other way to reach some common ground.
Other times, even if they aren't actively trying to swallow you whole, they may still find it hard to resist not to take a bite at times.
If I work with those kind of entities, I encourage "proper table manners" but I never demand nor expect 100% compliance.
In my personal gnosis, all relationships are two-way streets, and if I want some other being to behave in certain way, to fin my comfort and my expectations, I should make certain sacrifices and compromises on my "standards" and expectations, to try and meet them half way, if that's possible.
That doesn't always workout, but it's quite nice when it does workout.
Yeah, for me, it was like having a meeting with a guy and the first thing they do is try to pick your pocket.

Interacted with a lot of Beings, never met a "well known" one that had such bad manners. Then again, i suppose being parasitic is part of the mythos....i wonder why they prefer a coercive relationship rather than standard offerings? Oh well.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Maybe "cultural differences" at play, at least to some extent.
If one is coming from certain place, certain environment and culture where "A, B and C" is widely practiced, and/or is part of the natural order there, while "D, E and F" is frowned on and disregarded. While some other person has been conditioned by different environment where "D,E&F" is praised and valued, while "A,B&C" - detested.
Now if both of those were to meet, they're not likely to respect each others values and see eye to eye. At least personally, I don't believe in any sort of universal (or universally agreed on) values, rights and wrongs.
A relatively small population of ~7 billion of humans, all living on one same relatively small planet, all same species, have not managed to agree on common values and cultural standard in over 10'000 years. So I think probability for me to meet anyone outside of my species/planet/plane with same values is probably very low.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Cerber wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:31 pm Maybe "cultural differences" at play, at least to some extent.
If one is coming from certain place, certain environment and culture where "A, B and C" is widely practiced, and/or is part of the natural order there, while "D, E and F" is frowned on and disregarded. While some other person has been conditioned by different environment where "D,E&F" is praised and valued, while "A,B&C" - detested.
Now if both of those were to meet, they're not likely to respect each others values and see eye to eye. At least personally, I don't believe in any sort of universal (or universally agreed on) values, rights and wrongs.
A relatively small population of ~7 billion of humans, all living on one same relatively small planet, all same species, have not managed to agree on common values and cultural standard in over 10'000 years. So I think probability for me to meet anyone outside of my species/planet/plane with same values is probably very low.
The idea of a differing cultures, among spiritual pantheons, is interesting and true in my experience. I've worked with a many varied Beings and Pantheons....there are significant differences in how Beings operate and what kind of offerings are preferred.

Such things should definitely be approached with awareness.....managing relationships....as above so below. it would appear that these Lovecraftian Beings prefer parasitic relational dynamics.....not my cup of tea....but to each his own.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

On one had, for sure I wouldn't advertise work with eldritch/void/etc entities as something safe for any ages/alignments/level of experience to work with. Not by any stretch of imagination.
But on the other hand (only in the context of a practitioner with significant more experience and more "bruises", than average TikTok witches and wizards), I would be careful not to overly generalize. While going deeper and darker, takes a lot more effort and carry higher risks of all kinds at every step. And there can be many steps along the way, from finding who we could or should work with, then the vetting, and once found the right guy or gal, there a second part of finding common ground with the new partner and building constructive relationship. The rewards of such adventures can be proportionally high too.
There is certain bits exotic knowledge and certain kinds of experiences, which is unlikely to be found anywhere. But then again, one should be in some very exotic situation, to require such exotic knowledge to overcome it.
At the very least, from my own experience, when eldritch beings start chewing on any of my limbs, it's relatively obvious, it's doesn't take months or even years to notice - can't say the same about "angelic" ones. By the time shenanigans of those beings come to light (no pun intended) - it's usually decades too late to crawl out without sacrificing an arm or a leg, figuratively speaking.
There seem to be pros and cons everywhere.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

"The father of Cosmic Horror, H.P. Lovecraft, died on March 15, 1937. His life was tragic and his death miserable."

https://www.wolfenhaas.com/post/h-p-lov ... -an-author

I am more interested in joyful authors. Perhaps they have something I need.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Flowering gardens where all would rather be, but there isn't much one can actually make out of flowers, apart from brewing lovely cup of tea.
On the other hand, in the depths of earth, where life is scarce - diamonds grow, and every now and then one can come across some walls and barriers that nothing can cut through, but some "diamonds" which only grow in some dark places, places to which nobody would venture in to without a good reason.
Or something along those lines. No reason to spit in the wishing well, or rather, a deep dark hole in the ground that might end up becoming a "wishing well" someday.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”