Short Story: The Christian vampire

Writings, poetry and oration, words, books and wordsmiths.

chongjasmine
Forum Member
Forum Member

Short Story: The Christian vampire

Post by chongjasmine »

I am a vampire. I loved to watch unsuspecting males come to me. I thought they deserved their deaths as I drained their blood. The looks of fear on their faces thrilled me. Yet, somewhere within me, I felt dirty. Unclean.

Then, one day, I heard of Him. Jesus Christ. It was said that this man could perform any kind of miracles.

Hope began to reign in me. Perhaps, just perhaps, I could be a human, again. No more curses, no more days of sucking human blood, no more uncleanness.

So, I visited Him at night.

"Make me a human, so that I could not sin." I pleaded.

He replied, "It does not matter whether you are a human or a vampire. The choice to sin or not lies not in that."

"If you do not make me a human, I will suck your blood." I threatened.

"My blood will be given at the proper time. Tonight is not the day." He replied, with a firm conviction. I did not know what came over me, but I did not suck His blood that night.

I was very bitter, however over the fact that He did not respond to my plead. Then, I heard of His death, from a group of Christians I met. How it was voluntary, how He died and shed His blood so that mankind can be reconciled to their maker.

"Dear Jesus, I am a vampire, and not a human. Will you save me too?" I prayed. I had no hope that He would save me, after all, He had rejected my plead before.

Still, a change came over me. I no longer craved human blood. Instead, I feed on animal's blood. He is truly still a man of miracles!
My novel Lucifer, God's beloved son: https://www.amazon.com/Lucifer-Gods-bel ... B006AZLZAI

Return to “The Pen and The Poet”